Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 10:21 AM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
I live in the U.S. Midwest and I've been a natural blonde my entire life - six decades.

My hair was platinum-white when I was in elementary school and it turned golden blonde when I was a teen. It has remained blonde, although there's some grey mixed in now.

I am blonde but I was a lighter blond as you were, as a child, like PJ Singer. What my parents called Scandinavian blonde - as opposed to German blonde which is somewhat darker, according to my family, at least. (I am both German and Scandinavian)

Now in my 50s, I have some grey and since my hair is kind of dishwater blonde, I put some highlights in it. I still think of myself as a natural blonde, though.

Want to see blondes? Visit your local Lutheran church on a Sunday morning.

We will be there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2015, 11:26 AM

137 posts, read 174,020 times
I still see quite a few "true blondes" in this country. Esp. the blonde females who are some of the most beautiful in the world with that spectacular bright "yellow" hair color.
Although from what I have read, redheads are becoming more and more rare. Also people with blue eyes are dropping in numbers here on Planet Earth.

Old 05-30-2015, 02:16 PM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
Sounds like my story! I'm 67, of Norwegian and English descent, and still definitely blond, as are our two grown daughters (and most of our grandchildren, who are still very young).
Why your hair is not grey yet?

Old 05-30-2015, 10:11 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times
I was a naturally bright blonde until I cut my hair off into a very short cut at about age 48..... now I am more of a dishwater blonde with some silver streaks showing up.....

Old 05-31-2015, 03:15 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,955,226 times
Very few people are born white albino and have white eyebrows after the age of 14, but some do. Most people that claim to be blond were only blond for a fleeting moment in childhood, and hair colour quickly turned brown after 14, also known as "dirty blond"; the Germanic hair colour.

Celebrated blonds have an extra advantage over all others, including white men, because they have blond recessive genes. I can't imagine how a Chinese dark eye, dark hair, and Asian features would relate to a real blond, but I suspect it would not be normal ... along the lines of catty.

Old 06-01-2015, 12:10 AM

3,467 posts, read 8,143,924 times
Dark blond hair is pretty common in adults. Many adult women just dont like the mousiness of it so they dye it. On adult men, it is often cut short and is less notiacable.

Many people mistake the mousy, dark blond color for brown, but it woulnt be classified as such according to levels of pigment. So some of what people thought think is light brown is really a "dishwater" blond, as true brown hair is much richer, having more pigment.

If you mean toeheaded or very light golden blonds, yeah, those are less common, but havent they always been?
As for these going "extinct" because of ethnic mixing, that is not how genes work. I'm no expert and I'll spare you many details, but the more people mix, the greater the genetic variation and the greater variety of gene expression and "phenotypes" (which is what leads to an appearance....although I may be mixing terms up).

There are other myths too, such as "dark is dominant". People think there is a brown eye gene or something....no, there is not a single gene that determines eye color or hair color, etc.

I actually think the more people mix, the greater variety people will see in their own children. It will be a great future, because if humans can have children of what we now would call "different races", then racism may be lessened, as we will recognize a greater variety as "one of our own". I think we will also see MORE occurances of blond hair, light eyes, etc, because more people will be "carrying" the genes for it.

Here is a cheesy article which illustrates this:
Pictured: The mixed-race couple and their 'rainbow children' | Daily Mail Online

Old 06-01-2015, 12:14 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
The actress Carly Schroeder is one of few natural blondes I have ever seen in Hollywood. There's a woman at my job that has natural blonde hair too. It's definitely rare. You'll have much better luck in Sweden finding a mate like that.
Not really. A lot of the blondes in Sweden are bottle-blondes. Even one of Sweden's princesses bleached her dark-brown hair for awhile, but now she's back to her natural color.

Old 06-01-2015, 12:17 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLexi25 View Post
You are a strange person. Blonde hair really isn't that uncommon.
This. OP, my blonde gf had 3 blonde kids. She's of northern Swedish and Finnish heritage, and also Dutch. People are cranking out blonds left and right, not sure why you have trouble finding them.

Old 06-01-2015, 01:45 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
They're very rare where I live (San Francisco Bay Area). Mostly because a large percentage are Asian, Latino, or black. The white people tend to be of Irish or Italian descent (typically brunette groups).

I'm a quarter Scandinavian myself, but also a quarter Israeli and half West Asian. Dark blonde as a kid, not anymore. I have jet black hair now. I do have blue eyes though.

Old 06-01-2015, 04:00 PM

708 posts, read 721,441 times
Dark Hair and Blue eyes is a great combination!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty