U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 07:06 PM

520 posts, read 413,625 times

Advertisements

Lots more in more Anglo countries Ive noticed. The more northern european the ethnic stock the more blondes. Ive seen lots in Australia, Canada, and obviously northern Europe especially Scandinavia. The US is much more brown lately thanks to all the mexicans and southern europeans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2015, 08:05 PM

21,944 posts, read 14,421,262 times
My naturally medium blonde hair darkened, especially in the back, but I think I always stayed blonde. At least, I considered myself blonde.

I'm going gray in the front and sides, and suddenly I look blonder than I have in a lot of years.

Most blondes darken as they age. Many of us color so that we retain what we had when we were young. I didn't go that route, but I was encouraged many times to do so by hair stylists.

Old 06-01-2015, 08:35 PM

3,473 posts, read 1,722,597 times
Go to Utah. Seriously. There are a lot of the white blondes among the LDS community.

Old 06-01-2015, 09:44 PM

515 posts, read 290,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
I see adults with really blond, mustard color natural hair. Not frequently but it has happened, to say that only children are blond is patently false. For many it darkens and for some it does not.

Why this issue "distresses" you?
It "distresses" me because one time I knew a girl in my school with natural light golden blonde hair and distinct white/blonde eyebrows, now I happened to saw her and a guy holding hands in the street. He must have been very lucky. :/

Old 06-01-2015, 10:08 PM

17,319 posts, read 10,236,660 times
Is it just me, or do I sense that this is yet another variation of how America is changing for the 'worse' in terms of caucasians declining in numbers, and their appearances 'changing' due to interracial dating/marriage?

I don't know, I get that vibe you know.

Old 06-02-2015, 03:23 AM

515 posts, read 290,291 times
Suburban_Guy where did that come from?

Old 06-02-2015, 12:00 PM

8,341 posts, read 9,810,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorges View Post
Go to Utah. Seriously. There are a lot of the white blondes among the LDS community.
Yep, this place is flush with natural blondes, though I don't think it has anything to do with one's religion. Most of my family including myself are very light blondes, and there's not a mormon among us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I thought I'd pop in with an observation of an interesting phenomenon I've noticed about natural adult blondes--I work with a couple of them and while I'm not 100% positive they're not bottle blondes, I'm pretty sure. What I have noticed about all two of these people is that they have to have the climate in the room about 20 degrees cooler than everyone else and they freeze us all out. One of them is my boss and we went to a seminar last Halloween and shared a hotel room. I vowed to bring my very warmest PJ's if we ever do that again b/c she had the A/C going the entire time--in late October, in Missouri! We have meetings in her office and everyone knows to bring their warmest sweater and while we're freezing, she is sweating. LOL, she's not even menopausal yet so I hate to think what her life will be like when she is.

So, those of you on here who say you are natural adult blonde, do you suffer from this as well? I'm guessing it's the Scandinavian genes.
I'm not a woman, but this tends to be true of me. Most of ancestry is scandanavian, with some german mixed in. I definitely prefer cooler temps, and don't tolerate anything over 80F well at all. It's one reason the PNW is my favorite region in the country. That said, I hate the bitter cold even more than the heat though. I could never live in Minneapolis, for example.

Old 06-02-2015, 12:12 PM

22,582 posts, read 24,175,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostee View Post
It "distresses" me because one time I knew a girl in my school with natural light golden blonde hair and distinct white/blonde eyebrows, now I happened to saw her and a guy holding hands in the street. He must have been very lucky. :/
Or maybe he likes her as a complete person, not just a hair color.

Old 06-02-2015, 03:31 PM

17,086 posts, read 9,884,876 times
I am friends with two forty-something natural light blondes. Both are of Scandinavian descent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Want to see blondes? Visit your local Lutheran church on a Sunday morning.
Good point!

Old 06-02-2015, 08:39 PM

1,467 posts, read 2,793,894 times
been blond all my life. now that i am 61 yrs old, the blond is transitioning to toehead white...halfway between blond and white. funny though because the moustache is blond, the sides are half red and half white and the beard is blond. go figure...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or