Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2015, 09:11 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Or maybe he likes her as a complete person, not just a hair color.
Or, even (horror of horrors!), he's completely ambivalent about hair color, or maybe doesn't even really care for blonde hair, and just happens to like her for myriad other reasons! Wouldn't that be terrible, if a blonde were snapped up by someone who doesn't even have a fetish for blondeness???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2015, 09:24 PM

2,966 posts, read 5,214,384 times
I have recessive blonde in my family and it has popped up a few times in cousins and in their kids.

I was born a very light platinum/Swedish blonde, but it darkened a lot with age. I've always wondered if I am considered blonde genetically since I was born that way, even though I am phenotypically dark haired now.

Old 06-02-2015, 11:28 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostee View Post
No I am not a blonde myself, sgoldie. Sorry for the strange thread too. I just came to blow off steam.
See? That's why they are disappearing in great numbers)))
It's a recessive gene, so it takes two to create yet another blond, and you are not helping)))))
(unless of course you have blonds running in your family, then there is a slight chance that you WILL help the cause)))

Old 06-03-2015, 06:25 AM

4,103 posts, read 5,422,866 times
Im blond. A lot of Caucasians are born blond(e) but their hair gets darker as they age. Mine stayed blond, but Im Scandinavian so its pretty ingrained in my DNA. I actually had someone once scoff at me at work and ask "Why are you bleaching your hair? You're an adult now, get over the surfer boy look." I just stared at him in awe like...."This is my hair color, go #$( yourself."

Old 06-03-2015, 08:19 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Recessive traits can still be expressed, if both parents contribute a recessive gene they carry, even if the gene is unexpressed in the parents themselves. It's how my brown-haired parents ended up with blonde kids.

Old 06-07-2015, 09:06 PM

661 posts, read 521,158 times
*sigh* Less Caucasians in the world, I wonder what the near future (my life) will look like for natural blondes. I wish they were already more common than they really are in the states. I am not against interracial dating-I don't care who you date. I'm just disgusted by how natural blondes are being extincted in adulthood.

Seriously, why can't a little bit of racism be acceptable once in a while. I'm not a bad guy. Why do people want to bring it up? I personally reject "racist" as fact most of the time because it's brought up so much.

Old 06-07-2015, 09:25 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,188,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Recessive traits can still be expressed, if both parents contribute a recessive gene they carry, even if the gene is unexpressed in the parents themselves. It's how my brown-haired parents ended up with blonde kids.
That's what happened with my skin color. Both my parents are African American, so is my brother. All of them have a normal skin tone. But I came out with albinism. Thus my skin is white. Hair is blonde, and eyes are green. I think that's when both parents contribute the gene, but it's recessive. My mother thinks it just came from my father lol

So, genetics are interesting that way.

Old 06-08-2015, 05:53 AM

2,270 posts, read 4,121,110 times
My DH was a tow head when he was little. It darkened to golden blond as a teenager and young man. His hair color was never mentioned again as he started to go bald in his early twenties and he just shaved the rest (he was a Soldier) and it was just easier. It has always made me laugh that his IDs simply had N/A next to hair color.

I have dark brown hair and eyes as do my Sons; I have one Granddaughter with blonde hair and blue eyes and two with light brown (with gold highlights) and blue and green eyes. Should we value the one with blond hair more than our other grandchildren?

Old 06-08-2015, 09:02 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
My husband has naturally blond hair. It was very blond when he was young and darkened a bit as he aged, although nobody would mistake him for a brunette. His mother was a natural blonde and his father a brunette. My mother was a brunette and my father a strawberry-blond. Together, my husband and I have one blond, one strawberry-blonde, and one vivid ginger (like me).

I don't think those of us with rarer hair colors are going away anytime soon. Recessive genes can hide for several generations and then show up again after everybody has pretty much forgotten that G-Grandma Ruth was a ravishing blonde and G-Grandpa Richard was a fiery redhead.

Also, remember that blonde/red hair and blue/green eyes historically occurred in a very small part of the world centering over the British Isles and Scandinavia, the result of an adaptation to less sunlight. In the Americas, the blondes you see are the result of emigration.

Last edited by randomparent; 06-08-2015 at 09:35 AM..

Old 06-11-2015, 11:11 PM

661 posts, read 521,158 times
But historically the Caucasians didn't mix with others as they do now. So why are we claiming to know for sure they won't go away?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty