Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 03:07 PM

661 posts, read 517,153 times

Advertisements

Where have they all gone? Especially here in US, they are seemingly so hard to find. And they are soon going to decline more in numbers until we never see them again. What would it take for them to beef up in numbers?

I read online that only 2% of people in the world are natural blonde in adulthood. I don't know, everyone wants me to shut up if I ever bring it up. As if I don't have a right to my own opinion about genetics. I am also kind of sensitive to blonde jokes. This whole thing is just because it happens to be a hair color preference in a mate. I wish they would beef up in numbers, especially in places like the US. I don't want to have to move just to find a mate with a preferred natural hair color. That's just not practical.

I don't want them to ever go away anymore than they already have. I am especially talking about a more lightish blonde in adulthood. Please don't make the dumb blonde jokes, scream "pedophile" or "nazi" because I can't take it anymore. Why don't people just accept what I say is genetic fact at face value?

And if you think another section is better, move this post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2015, 03:12 PM

13,535 posts, read 9,954,346 times
Interesting thread starter.

I can't think of any natural blonds that I know, but most just fade to brown as they get older, and some start off ginger.

Old 05-28-2015, 03:19 PM

661 posts, read 517,153 times
I know, but it sure looks like some of them do exist, but why do they have to be so hard to find? This distresses me a bit.

Old 05-28-2015, 03:23 PM

13,535 posts, read 9,954,346 times
I can imagine it does, especially if blond is what you're attracted to. Even if you do find some though, I'm not sure of the chances of you meeting a good match.

Old 05-28-2015, 07:06 PM

241 posts, read 358,829 times
You are a strange person. Blonde hair really isn't that uncommon.

Old 05-28-2015, 07:10 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,164,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLexi25 View Post
You are a strange person. Blonde hair really isn't that uncommon.
I never thought it was either. I am naturally blonde. Though my hair was more white when I was a baby. It darkened a bit as I got older. Sadly, my eyebrows didn't. So I have blonde hair, with white eyebrows. lol

Always thought red was a prettier hair color though.

Old 05-28-2015, 07:11 PM

7,708 posts, read 12,554,847 times
The actress Carly Schroeder is one of few natural blondes I have ever seen in Hollywood. There's a woman at my job that has natural blonde hair too. It's definitely rare. You'll have much better luck in Sweden finding a mate like that.

Old 05-28-2015, 08:52 PM

22,299 posts, read 47,238,084 times
Blondes are not rare in my area.
My husband is still blonde as are our adult kids.
I was blonde as a child.

Old 05-28-2015, 08:58 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,305,619 times
Blondes are very typical in my region.

I'm blonde, albeit a darker golden blonde. I imagine that you are talking about a more stereotypically Scandinavian white-blonde.

Old 05-28-2015, 08:59 PM

44,274 posts, read 19,936,431 times
I live in the U.S. Midwest and I've been a natural blonde my entire life - six decades.

My hair was platinum-white when I was in elementary school and it turned golden blonde when I was a teen. It has remained blonde, although there's some grey mixed in now.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty