U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 11:40 AM

14,065 posts, read 19,738,491 times

Advertisements

They only time I wear grannie panties is when I'm broken monthly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2015, 11:45 AM

69,730 posts, read 60,830,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
No, they don't. Or maybe it depends on what you consider a "boy short". Grannies are waist high. Boy shorts are definitely not.

This is what comes to mind, for me, with "granny panty".
https://twoyearsonanisland.files.wor...ties.jpg?w=426
I think the poster meant that boy shorts cover more territory below. The underwear shown in the OP are high-cut. Boy shorts provide more butt coverage.

I thought one purpose of thongs was to eliminate the panty line. Are women no longer concerned with that? I doubt they're going to wear looser-fitting jeans for the "new" underwear fad....?

Old 05-30-2015, 11:47 AM

8,613 posts, read 7,545,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
Thongs aren't uncomfortable. They feel like you're not wearing underwear at all.
I will personally hold up the sales of thongs. I won't wear anything else. I hate panty lines. Sales might be down b/c they're so danged hard to find!

Old 05-30-2015, 12:04 PM

4,546 posts, read 3,347,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
No, they don't. Or maybe it depends on what you consider a "boy short". Grannies are waist high. Boy shorts are definitely not.

This is what comes to mind, for me, with "granny panty".
https://twoyearsonanisland.files.wor...ties.jpg?w=426
That's what I was thinking. I didn't open the link. But when I hear GP, I think of that pic. It's plain panties, but basically look like you got them too big, and they're loose and flap around on your butt. lol.

Old 05-30-2015, 12:09 PM

50 posts, read 39,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Knight View Post
I guess this is the end of the thong with low rise jeans trend... and sagging too... and the end of edgy fashion. For decades many people have hated the saggy, exposing look, but to me it's cool in a bad way, if you catch my drift. This time is lacking edgy fashion trends now. High-waisted pants? Wow... Just 4 years ago the only people who wore high-waisted pants were the dorky middle-aged parents and mostly senior citizens. 4 years ago if you were cool, all the guys sagged and girls wore low rise jeans with a thong. It's amazing that it's cool now to dress like a dorky grandparent. 4 years ago old person geek swag was a laughing stock. No one will agree, and many are all for today's geek look just because it's new, hip, trending and relevant. I can't wait to see everyone's reaction to high-waisted pants and the geek trend in 20 years. Lastly, thongs are the sexiest kind of underwear, and that's a fact. I give this trend 10 years.
And this, sir, is how you know you're growing old: "young people these days just don't rebel right, our way was best!"

And why, exactly, are cool young things giving up the 'superior' (haha clearly you've never worn one!) thong? Another poster summed it up perfectly:

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Well, I certainly hope the older overweight lady I saw standing in line at the DMV wearing a breast crack top and obviously (white) see-through pants revealing her "up her crack and two sizes too small," panties--- takes note and changes! Sheesh! And she had a male companion (husband) with her! Why he didn't advise her to wear otherwise, I don't know!
Every trend catches on with the mainstream and eventually trickles all the way down, so one day you're standing in Walmart (why?!? The humanity!!) and there's some middle-age, unattractive person wearing your hip youth trend of 5-10 years ago. And no hip young person will wear that particular trend ever again.

(Or at least, not til it's so uncool even the uncool people won't wear it; then it's ripe for revival, and all its gonna take is some gorgeous young 'uns wearing it who, frankly, would look stunning in potato sacks. And the cycle starts all over again...)

Old 05-30-2015, 12:26 PM

6,441 posts, read 13,115,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
I will personally hold up the sales of thongs. I won't wear anything else. I hate panty lines. Sales might be down b/c they're so danged hard to find!
LOL wear a slip. I love granny panties! Or well...more full coverage like boy shorts and briefs. Def not high waisted.

Old 05-30-2015, 01:16 PM

10,893 posts, read 12,707,256 times
I don't even have kids so I'm nowhere near close to being drawn to purchase those ginormous granny panties hangin' on the rack.. Thongs still get alotta play around here yet, and especially crucial for my exercise gear. No underwear is the best tho, lol.

Old 05-30-2015, 01:59 PM

10,236 posts, read 13,254,155 times
Prefer mine inbetween (pun not intended). I hated the thongs with a passion - preferred to do without altogether than deal with the thong lodged in my crack. But I don't like the full granny coverage either.

Old 05-30-2015, 02:10 PM

2,731 posts, read 1,883,323 times
My husband loves my big and thick underwear and fabrics. He says it is a challence to find something

Old 05-30-2015, 04:17 PM

23,664 posts, read 30,378,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I think the poster meant that boy shorts cover more territory below. The underwear shown in the OP are high-cut. Boy shorts provide more butt coverage.

I thought one purpose of thongs was to eliminate the panty line. Are women no longer concerned with that? I doubt they're going to wear looser-fitting jeans for the "new" underwear fad....?
Actually they don't, most of the time. I am extraordinarily picky about my underwear, and I've probably tried more styles and brands than 10 times the people here. I MUST have cheek coverage. All the way. Complete. Most of the boy shorts are cut for a very slight cheek - no extra fabric for real butt coverage. And they are often very low on the hips, bikini line or lower.

For instance, these:

Last edited by Marka; 07-04-2015 at 12:50 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty