Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 01:56 AM

5 posts, read 4,417 times

Advertisements

i think today's fashion is bling,sparkle,more and more people like to add some bling rhinestone or glitter on clothes and make tattoo,of course,rhinestones are a good choice, it shinning and cheap,would you like to add some bling beach rhinestone transfer on your clothes? I've seen some designs maybe you will like them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2015, 08:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,704 times
Hello, I am Rosina ricci and new to this forum site. Thanks for adding me to this forum site. I am very cautious about fashion and also love the all decades of fashion. Fashion is that thing which always changes and attracts the every age group of peoples.

Old 02-17-2020, 05:25 AM

23,903 posts, read 32,215,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
Well, I can remember some trampy looks in the 80's, too. Remember the popular look of ripped black hosiery with mini-wear? Of course, styles varied from beginning of 80 to 89.

I can't say I like the hair in either of the comparising photographs, but the 80's do's are a heckuva lot better than the horrid tight-perms (PLEASE don't let those come back!).

I miss the higher-waist pants. I also loved it when the mid-to-later 80's got trendy with neon colors and I wore them a LOT. I had some fun outfits then. I still wear my cobalt-blue sweater from the 80's and it still looks great (I bought it in a discount store for $10 and it's appearance has lasted better than anything else I've bought for a lot more money). There WERE a lot of great sweaters then!

Didn't like the weird makeup look from the 80's but I sure enjoyed the crazy jewelry.

There was something out there for everybody.
Yes. There was something for everyone and all of it was overdone and trashy. The clothes were just so BIG, the colors LOUD, everything was flashy and bold.

I don't think there is a worse decade for fashion in the modern era.

Old 02-17-2020, 08:00 AM

67,652 posts, read 60,388,195 times
Oh there are worse styles - there are terrible styles from every decade and every fashion phase. We will be looking back on these days and cringing one day too.

I remember when I was a teenager back in the 1970s and a friend of ours owned a shop specializing in jeans. I remember my dad saying, "Well, So and So said that he just ordered a whole season of slim cut jeans - no bell bottoms at all. All tight around the ankles and cuffed." (This was in about 1979 I guess.) I remember clearly saying, "No way. Bell bottoms are here to stay. I can't imagine wearing cuffed jeans. That's so...so...1950s." That next year - I was wearing cuffed jeans! Now I think about measuring the bell bottoms (22 inches, anyone?) and I think "That's so stupid." And it was - but it was the fashion back then, along with platform shoes.

Now I honestly don't even know what's a fad, because I wear what I want, but I'm 58 now and just don't care whether anyone else likes what I'm wearing or not. I say that but I also know that I buy what's in the stores. A few years ago, being tall, I HATED all those short jackets that were so popular. I was trying to dress professionally and I wanted a longer jacket, because being tall with long legs, short jackets look ridiculous on me - but that was just about all I could find.

At this point, I'll just be glad when men's suits and dress shirts and all that don't look like last year's Easter clothes for little boys. I am tired of seeing tight, little clothes on men.

Old 02-17-2020, 09:16 AM

15,975 posts, read 20,964,469 times
I just have to laugh at this thread. The other night a couple of college girls came in our store all dressed up for a valentine night on the town. One had on a short little red velveteen dress and the other was wearing a slinky silver ruched thing. I asked them if they were on their way to a retro party and if the dresses were original eighties wear. They told me no, the dresses were bought new last year for their proms and they just wanted to get some more use out of them. What goes around eventually comes around.

Old 02-17-2020, 09:53 AM

30,585 posts, read 24,981,591 times
I have a dim memory of ordering a skirt from Lands End for work, and wearing it to comments about how long it was. If memory serves, we wore knee length skits, until we didn’t. And young girls wore oddly teased hair. Didn’t shoulder pads make their appearance in the late eighties? Or was it later?

One thing I did in the late eighties was buy silk scarves at Marshalls for about $5 a pop. I still have them, and wear them from time to time. I could kick myself for not buying more of them. But $5 was a significant amount of money at that time in my life.

Old 02-17-2020, 10:02 AM

102,086 posts, read 107,127,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiyalian View Post
i think today's fashion is bling,sparkle,more and more people like to add some bling rhinestone or glitter on clothes and make tattoo,of course,rhinestones are a good choice, it shinning and cheap,would you like to add some bling beach rhinestone transfer on your clothes? I've seen some designs maybe you will like them.
I'm not so sure that trend is driven by demand. I think the fashion industry came up with it, and people are following suit, in part simply because that's what's available. Rhinestones always used to be regarded as tacky, except in formal evening wear.

Old 02-20-2020, 07:02 AM

15,199 posts, read 10,199,495 times
I wore a lot of suits with shoulder pads in the 80's. Can't remember much about the jeans I wore back then, probably straight leg.

I'm glad the skinny jeans fashion trend appears to be ending. I'm seeing a lot of bell bottoms and higher waistlines. Personally, I think most women look best in a bootcut jean. A skinny jean really does nothing to flatter a women's figure unless she is tall & thin.

Old 02-20-2020, 07:05 AM

67,652 posts, read 60,388,195 times
If I had a dollar for every shoulder pad I had in a business suit, I could go to Cancun for the weekend and have a great time.

Old 02-20-2020, 09:12 AM

13,262 posts, read 7,954,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Oh there are worse styles - there are terrible styles from every decade and every fashion phase. We will be looking back on these days and cringing one day too.

I remember when I was a teenager back in the 1970s and a friend of ours owned a shop specializing in jeans. I remember my dad saying, "Well, So and So said that he just ordered a whole season of slim cut jeans - no bell bottoms at all. All tight around the ankles and cuffed." (This was in about 1979 I guess.) I remember clearly saying, "No way. Bell bottoms are here to stay. I can't imagine wearing cuffed jeans. That's so...so...1950s." That next year - I was wearing cuffed jeans! Now I think about measuring the bell bottoms (22 inches, anyone?) and I think "That's so stupid." And it was - but it was the fashion back then, along with platform shoes.

Now I honestly don't even know what's a fad, because I wear what I want, but I'm 58 now and just don't care whether anyone else likes what I'm wearing or not. I say that but I also know that I buy what's in the stores. A few years ago, being tall, I HATED all those short jackets that were so popular. I was trying to dress professionally and I wanted a longer jacket, because being tall with long legs, short jackets look ridiculous on me - but that was just about all I could find.

At this point, I'll just be glad when men's suits and dress shirts and all that don't look like last year's Easter clothes for little boys. I am tired of seeing tight, little clothes on men.

I loved the big bell bottoms. lol And the platform shoes...Sigh...so much fun back then. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty