Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 02:10 PM

4,519 posts, read 5,316,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGarcia879 View Post
Michael Kors also known as MKs. its a company that makes fancy purses for fancy cheesy women to use, to think they're rich. what so special about them? why buy them? to prove youre part of the rich crowd. whats wrong with cheap purses?
Dude, youre a dude, why are you all so up in arms about purses that women have? Where you out one night with fancy purse at hand thinking you were cool only to find out that you had a Miguel Coors instead of a Michael Kors?

Purses and accessories dont make a woman "cheesy", its her overall style and demeanor that does. From what I know from my lady friends, MK purses/clutches are high quality, much more understated than say Luis Vuitton, and last a long time. They just like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2015, 02:22 PM

951 posts, read 1,133,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Dude, youre a dude, why are you all so up in arms about purses that women have? Where you out one night with fancy purse at hand thinking you were cool only to find out that you had a Miguel Coors instead of a Michael Kors?

Purses and accessories dont make a woman "cheesy", its her overall style and demeanor that does. From what I know from my lady friends, MK purses/clutches are high quality, much more understated than say Luis Vuitton, and last a long time. They just like it.
I was thinking the same thing (if the poster is indeed male). Usually straight guys can't even remember if we even carried a bag, let alone the designer name of our bags.

Old 06-10-2015, 03:12 PM

152 posts, read 173,181 times
I like the look of Michael Kors purses because they remind of the Louis Vuitton purses, some have the same color pattern and texture as the Louis Vuitton. I however did not want to pay the price tag on a Michael Kors so I ordered a Calvin Klein purse for about half the price and it looks very similar to the Michael Kors. It also has the tan/dark brown colors on it that remind of the Louis Vuitton which for years I have been in love with that tan/dark brown color combo. I personally don't mind paying a bit more for a purse because I literally carry it for years at a time, I don't change them out with the seasons because this one that I have now can go with all the seasons. My last purse I carried for 3 yrs.

Old 06-10-2015, 03:16 PM

692 posts, read 999,256 times
Quote:
Michael Kors is the "new" American designer. Seems every woman on the street has one of his purses.
MK should send a fruit basket to Project Runway. He was around before the show, but the show really elevated his profile. Every few years a mostly midlevel department store bag label that can also be found at Marshalls and TJ Maxx is embraced by the masses and seen on the arm at every mall near you except for high end bag owners who only tote 4 and 5 figure bags. In a couple years someone else will take the crown. Ask Dooney and Bourke, Coach (who lost much of their good cred when they went from mostly leather to mostly canvas), DKNY, Liz Caliborne, Aigner etc. Now its MK.

Old 06-10-2015, 03:20 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,708,178 times
Quote:
Michael Kors also known as MKs. its a company that makes fancy purses for fancy cheesy women to use, to think they're rich. what so special about them? why buy them? to prove youre part of the rich crowd. whats wrong with cheap purses?

Lol, I know cheesy things, but I'm having a hard time picturing cheesy women.

Anyway, I get nice purses which attract a lot of attention, and I don't pay exorbitant prices for them. I like some of Michael Kors' purses but, unless I found a bargain, I'd pass.

But that's just me.

Old 06-10-2015, 10:45 PM

10,102 posts, read 19,297,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBear999 View Post
I like the look of Michael Kors purses because they remind of the Louis Vuitton purses, some have the same color pattern and texture as the Louis Vuitton. I however did not want to pay the price tag on a Michael Kors so I ordered a Calvin Klein purse for about half the price and it looks very similar to the Michael Kors. It also has the tan/dark brown colors on it that remind of the Louis Vuitton which for years I have been in love with that tan/dark brown color combo. I personally don't mind paying a bit more for a purse because I literally carry it for years at a time, I don't change them out with the seasons because this one that I have now can go with all the seasons. My last purse I carried for 3 yrs.

I bought an Ivanka Trump satchel in Heather,which is a brown print. It does look somewhat like LV print. It was $150, marked down to about $34

I found an IT wallet to match for about $20, marked down from about $100., found these at 6pm.com

Old 06-10-2015, 11:02 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,600,656 times
Quote:
those purses are exposing women of all kind to be cheesy and trammpy.

definition of cheesy: kardashian, snooki, real housewives of any city, lady gaga, any lady at nightclub wearing cheesy dresses.

the other day i saw a extremely rich-lady-wannabe(wearing a cheap giant ring, large sunglasses with those ugly sparkles, leopard pants) carrying one of those purses and she has two kids under 7 years old present with her. that lady is not setting a good example for her children if she continues to dress like that.

a fine quality woman should wear jeans, tennis shoes, baseball cap, and carry a cheap but good lookin purse.
I think you are confusing "fine quality woman" with "purse snatcher".

Old 06-11-2015, 12:45 AM

4,486 posts, read 4,939,634 times
D Garcia. I know what you mean brother...I buy my purses at solo serve and h.e.b. Megastore. Sometimes cititrends has a good selection. hell even the Eisenhower flea market has great deals. I like the totes at dollar general.
Walmarts prices have gone way up though.

Old 06-11-2015, 02:39 AM

861 posts, read 846,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Spoken like a true male

Substitute whatever your dream car is for the word purse, and ask those same questions.
perhaps but you actually get true utility from a car, regardless of the marque it gets you from A to B. A designer bag is often impractical for carrying stuff and the fact that it is a con is evidenced by the fact that the profit margins in fashion are higher than pretty much every other industry including tech.

In what other industry can you make a product (say a shirt) for a dollar and sell it for 50 times that? Only in fashion. In the car industry it still costs up to 47 k to make an Audi Q7, so mark up aside they is still some merit to its price.

Sorry but high fashion is one of those things I will never understand. Its a suckers game and for me it is even more offensive when you factor in the latent racist northern European skinny aesthetic that infests it. Which excludes nearly 80% of the world's population.

Hum bug..

Old 06-11-2015, 07:27 AM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,750,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Lol, I know cheesy things, but I'm having a hard time picturing cheesy women.

Anyway, I get nice purses which attract a lot of attention, and I don't pay exorbitant prices for them. I like some of Michael Kors' purses but, unless I found a bargain, I'd pass.

But that's just me.
Cheesy women are those whose skin color is either yellow-ish or white-ish (sometimes with holes) and when you lick them, they taste like cheese.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty