Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 01:21 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams_aj View Post
Chanel #5 will long endure. I'm a guy, but there's something in that that will make me do anything for a woman wearing it. And, yes, that includes cleaning her house.
I'm wearing it now - will you come weed my flower beds?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2015, 01:33 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,964,704 times
Anyone remember "Heaven Scent" (or "Sent")? That was considered a girl's first perfume, in my circle. I quickly discovered Coty's Wild Musk, which my mother said smelled like B.O., hee! Loved it then, and still love it now. However, when my Mom recently passed away, I wore what was left of her Chanel No. 5 every day faithfully and kept the bottle (retains smell). Dated a guy who liked Red Door. Yuck! Also tried Emeraude and Tabu, but they both seemed too "old lady" to me. Likewise, other musks (vanilla, etc.) failed to satisfy. Always was and always will be Coty's Wild Musk for me, whatever that connotes!

Old 06-23-2015, 01:35 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,356,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystMoonstruck View Post
Tabu
Emeraude
Heaven Scent
Hawaiian White Ginger

There was a little-known brand of musk that was absolutely perfect with velvets to me; I often chose fragrances for seasons and for the cloth I wore. I'm not sure if others did this. There are others, but the names won't come to mind right now.

My aunt loved Avon's Topaz. She used to pry off the "gem" on the crème perfume bottles and give them to my younger sister and I for our "treasure boxes", actually cigar boxes, which made wonderful places for the things children found best for keepsakes. I wonder if children still do that: keep trinkets in a special box/container.
You've mentioned some of my favorites!

Chanel no.5 is also on my favorites list.

I don't recall seeing Evening in Paris since I was a little kid and my mother wore it, but I didn't particularly like it.

I've never heard of Blue Waltz.

Old 06-23-2015, 01:37 PM

3,352 posts, read 2,824,164 times
I used to use Red..... and Faberge's Woodhue in the 70s......just found Woodhue in that Vermont catalogue!!!! Thanks....although I've had a bottle of Tommy Girl for years and years.... about half an inch left...I'd buy a bottle of Woodhue for old time's sake....

Old 06-23-2015, 01:47 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,577,283 times
I use Chanel #5 before bed. It really helps me fall asleep for some reason.

Old 06-23-2015, 02:23 PM

366 posts, read 494,089 times
My sister and I loved Colours de Benetton in the 80's. One of my personal favorites, and I have a bottle now (yay), is Anais Anais. It's just loovely and feminine. It's made by Cacharel and apparently from 1978.

"This is the first perfume of Cacharel, which was created in 1978. Anais Anais is a ultra-feminine fresh, rich and romantic bouquet of flowers. Transparent orange blossom with heady hyacinth open the composition. The intensive floral heart blends sweet rose, delicate white lily and magical jasmine. The base is composed of comforting amber, warm sandalwood with a tender touch of mysterious incense.
The perfume was created by a team of parfumeurs: Roger Pellegrino, Robert Gonnon, Paul Leger and Raymond Chaillan."

Here the scoop on Colours de Benetton:

"Colors de Benetton by Benetton is a Oriental fragrance for women. The nose behind this fragrance is Bernard Ellena. Top notes are Egyptian sage, neroli, french hyacinth and Israeli basil; middle notes are passionfruit, tuberose, pineapple, peach, jasmine and Bulgarian rose; base notes are civet, opoponax, Chinese patchouli, cedar, Madagascar vanilla and oakmoss."

Old 06-23-2015, 02:45 PM

664 posts, read 1,027,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I have Shalimar and Tabu right now. I usually wear Shalimar. The only newer fragrance I like lately is Angel.
I used to wear Poison, but I don't know if that is old or new.
I love Shalimar and I always get complements when I wear it.

Old 06-23-2015, 03:50 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Love's Baby Soft! Used to love it and it lasted like one second before it faded.

Red Door by Elizabeth Arden. I still love it and get compliments when I wear it - but trying to branch out.

Youth Dew by Estee Lauder - reminds me of my mother SO much. Miss her.

Then there's ZEN by Sheisedo (sp?) - still love that too!

Old 06-23-2015, 04:42 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
I love the 'old' formula Shalimar. I can still find it on e-bay.

Old 06-23-2015, 05:04 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,017,579 times
Jungle Gardenia
and
Joy by Jean Patou
Alliage if I can get it . Reminds me so of the 70's
Babe - Also reminds me of the 70's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty