Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 01:23 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
I wear TWO mascaras - a non-waterproof one on my upper-lids (because I like to wash it off with soap and water), and a waterproof one on my lower lids. I live in a rainy climate.

As for "why" I wear makeup, it's simple - I like it.
I live in a sunny, humid climate. I kind of do like you do, but I also sometimes just go over my favorite washable mascara with a light coat of very durable waterproof if I am out exercising or something. I also use water-resistant liner, and waterproof mascara on my eyebrows.

And yeah, I like it too (makeup)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 04:43 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,683,923 times
I get compliments on my eyes with eye makeup that I would likely never get without it. Plus it makes me look better in pictures and I'm known for being a camera w***e.

Old 06-28-2015, 06:34 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Always see women dabbing carefully at their peepers to keep liner, mascara, etc, from getting messed up when they cry.

I've always wondered, if you're going to a formal function during which there is a high probability you will cry (wedding, funeral, graduation), why wear eye make-up/mascara?
There is no reason to wear eye makeup on any occasion. As an ophthalmic technican, I can't tell you how many women I've seen that have come into my office directly as a result of wearing ancient gross mascara (don't do that), sharing mascara with their BFFs, (don't do it ladies), using their eye makeup tools as daggers (let's try another hobby), and having their eye makeup run into their eyes and causing infections or corneal abrasions from them rubbing their eyes so much due to the resulting irritation. This is one time women should ditch the vanity and show those baby blues, browns, and greens au naturale

Old 06-28-2015, 06:43 PM

24,097 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Quote:
Always see women dabbing carefully at their peepers to keep liner, mascara, etc, from getting messed up when they cry.

I've always wondered, if you're going to a formal function during which there is a high probability you will cry (wedding, funeral, graduation), why wear eye make-up/mascara?

1. Not all women cry at these events. Call me a "non crier".

2. There is water proof make up.

3. Makeup done right is hardly perceptible. It makes women who know how to apply it look good.

4. If I did cry tears at such occasions, please refer to #2.

Old 06-28-2015, 06:47 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,030,601 times
It shows how much you care when you have rivers of black makeup streaming down from your eyes. That's my best guess.

Old 06-28-2015, 06:53 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
There is no reason to wear eye makeup on any occasion. As an ophthalmic technican, I can't tell you how many women I've seen that have come into my office directly as a result of wearing ancient gross mascara (don't do that), sharing mascara with their BFFs, (don't do it ladies), using their eye makeup tools as daggers (let's try another hobby), and having their eye makeup run into their eyes and causing infections or corneal abrasions from them rubbing their eyes so much due to the resulting irritation. This is one time women should ditch the vanity and show those baby blues, browns, and greens au naturale
I'm sure there are those that do as you say (idiots... don't even know what you mean about using makeup tools as daggers) - but I've NEVER had an eye problem and I've worn eye makeup (not everyday of course, I don't if I don't go out) - for forty years.

Old 06-28-2015, 06:55 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
There is nothing wrong with makeup or eye makeup or anything.

My friends are mostly pretty wealthy, so I am sure their makeup is not of the cheap variety. I guess tears streaming down might also ruin your foundation.

Old 06-28-2015, 06:59 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Don't wear foundation and if I know I might get emotional I wear waterproof or bring makeup in my purse to touch up.

Old 06-28-2015, 07:10 PM

7,990 posts, read 5,381,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
No, i do not agree.

I am 57, wash off my make up everyday. I have never had a problem. Without it I look tired and old. With it I look awake and bright eyed!
Sometimes I see women who have ditched the make-up and think to myself, a little mascara and blush would enhance your beauty.

Old 06-28-2015, 07:28 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,268,242 times
Quote:
There is nothing wrong with makeup or eye makeup or anything.

My friends are mostly pretty wealthy, so I am sure their makeup is not of the cheap variety. I guess tears streaming down might also ruin your foundation.
I don't care how wealthy they are. If their waterproof mascara is running down their faces, they're using the cheap stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty