Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2015, 05:24 PM

706 posts, read 1,179,837 times

Advertisements

I'll have to add RealSelf to my list of online resources. Right now I've been reading all I can on justbreastimplants.com. It's a forum of women who have either already had their surgery or are getting ready for it.

It's mostly for those considering breast augmentation, but they do have a sub forum for those who are considering facial/neck procedures as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2015, 05:30 PM

24,107 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
FYI My username is not "Womens4Life." It's a made-up abbreviation for the county I live in, Williamson. I started in my local forum.

So anyway, I'm sorry some of us are raining on your Botox parade. But if you really did not care what others did, you would not care that we are here, representing those who "would not."

The fact is, you can't kick us out because your question DID say, "Which types would you not have?" We are answering.

Yes I did say what time would you not get. So? That would imply that some types are interesting and acceptable to you, where as others are not. As for myself, lip augmentation always looks phony. I love my lips and they do not seem to have aged at all. That does not mean that I am not interested in why lip augmentation does not interest others.

Understand?

You seem really upset that some people do not intend to "age gracefully" as per your standards.

As to your screen name, what I remembered - worked! You knew who I meant. Mission accomplished.

I really don't give a fig about how you came up with it.

Ltmi.

Old 07-05-2015, 05:46 PM

7,990 posts, read 5,385,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBlue View Post
Besides you can lift it, tuck it and botox it, but you can NEVER fix the neck and the hands. They are always a dead giveaway for the real age.
I don't think people are trying to hide their age. Just feel better about themselves when they look in the mirror. The neck and the hands are not what I look at when I see myself in the mirror.

Maybe I will get used to my new look in a couple of years. I just feel like I suddenly aged and it is just a shock.
I always remember what my Aunt said to me when she was 80, "gosh I look in the mirror and I don't know that woman who is looking back at me". The perception of ourselves does not match the mirror. Inside I feel like I am around 40, I will soon be 58 and that absolutely shocks me. How did I get to be that age??!!

Last edited by GiGi603; 07-05-2015 at 06:17 PM..

Old 07-06-2015, 01:00 AM

898 posts, read 1,218,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
This is definitely NOT true for women of color especially Black women. The melanin in our skin allows us to age much more gracefully and without the need for nip/tucks.
black people have thicker skin which means it does not crack/crumble as easily. obviously the black don't crack mantra comes from there. otoh that makes nose surgeries (like beyonce and nicki minaj had) more difficult because the skin is thicker, it is more difficult to manipulate it into a thinner nose with a higher bridge. well the bridge part is just an implant. everyone has melanin and dark skinned hispanics still have the issue of wrinkling because the dna is just different from pure black. it's not the melanin itself.

botox parade? botox is awesome and it's relatively affordable for the masses. it is also temporary so you can just stop using it.

Old 07-06-2015, 03:14 AM

1,216 posts, read 3,028,925 times
Those who love you, love you for you. You are a sum of your inside and outside. I understand that sometimes you don't like what you see in the mirror, but it is the real you. I am 55 and I've noticed in the last couple of years in the mirror things I don't like about my face and hands that make me feel older. I have also realized, thanks to my beloved mother-in-law who passed this year at the age of 93, that you are not a sum of your outward appearance. If you are a good soul and and a good person then your "appearance" is secondary to your looks and everyone who matters who loved you when you were "young and pretty" also love you no matter what age and what appearance you have now. If they don't, then they are not worth having in your life. I have thought deep and hard about having "alterations" done to my face...but have concluded what I already know....I am happy and confident with who I am....period. Aging is a normal progression, some of us do it "prettier" than others. Such is life. I am a good person and still have valuable contributions to make to those in my life. That is the measure of a person and is enough for me and the judgement of society.

Old 07-06-2015, 07:52 AM

50,761 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
I don't think people are trying to hide their age. Just feel better about themselves when they look in the mirror. The neck and the hands are not what I look at when I see myself in the mirror.

Maybe I will get used to my new look in a couple of years. I just feel like I suddenly aged and it is just a shock.
I always remember what my Aunt said to me when she was 80, "gosh I look in the mirror and I don't know that woman who is looking back at me". The perception of ourselves does not match the mirror. Inside I feel like I am around 40, I will soon be 58 and that absolutely shocks me. How did I get to be that age??!!

Exactly! I never lie about or try to hide my age, in fact I brag about it. Wanting to look better doesn't mean I want to try to pass for younger.

Old 07-06-2015, 08:18 AM

625 posts, read 623,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalys View Post
Those who love you, love you for you. You are a sum of your inside and outside. I understand that sometimes you don't like what you see in the mirror, but it is the real you. I am 55 and I've noticed in the last couple of years in the mirror things I don't like about my face and hands that make me feel older. I have also realized, thanks to my beloved mother-in-law who passed this year at the age of 93, that you are not a sum of your outward appearance. If you are a good soul and and a good person then your "appearance" is secondary to your looks and everyone who matters who loved you when you were "young and pretty" also love you no matter what age and what appearance you have now. If they don't, then they are not worth having in your life. I have thought deep and hard about having "alterations" done to my face...but have concluded what I already know....I am happy and confident with who I am....period. Aging is a normal progression, some of us do it "prettier" than others. Such is life. I am a good person and still have valuable contributions to make to those in my life. That is the measure of a person and is enough for me and the judgement of society.
^^^ Well said! I agree! ^^^

Old 07-06-2015, 09:01 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,684,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Exactly! I never lie about or try to hide my age, in fact I brag about it. Wanting to look better doesn't mean I want to try to pass for younger.
Same here. People always think I'm younger, and I always correct them. I'm 41 and not ashamed of it, but that doesn't mean I don't want to look as best as I possibly can.

Old 07-06-2015, 10:03 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,690,496 times
I'm 31 and have already begun to look into botox.

Kind of a preventative thing. Just a little nip or tuck ere and there never hurt anyone. The important thing is to look natural and look as if you've never had any work done... that u are in fact a product of just amazing genes and of a pure, good, healthy, happy life.

Old 07-06-2015, 10:08 AM

24,107 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
Same here. People always think I'm younger, and I always correct them. I'm 41 and not ashamed of it, but that doesn't mean I don't want to look as best as I possibly can.
Exactly. My age is part of who I am. I belong to a certain generation. And I like that. But no one needs to look every bit of their age today - unless that is their preference.

Clearly, it is not my preference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty