Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 12:05 AM

24,117 posts, read 32,468,260 times

Advertisements

I am 56. A very youthful 56. Frequently I am mistaken for 10 years younger. Occasionally more.

I have not had plastic surgery involving a knife or anesthesia. I have had Botox and fillers. I have had two very conservative and artistic doctors. No one notices when I have these things done. They usually think that I look good - but can't figure out why.

In the future I would like to have an eye lift. My dad did at 65, and he looked so much younger - yet it was subtle.

I was also thinking about a brow lift.

Something that I would NEVER do? Lip filler. I have never seen a person who has had this procedure who looks better. They look like trout - or duck billed platypus. And I have never seen it look natural. Besides, I don't want thick Angelina Jolie lips. I like my lips and not everyone's lips thin with age.

So - if you would have any cosmetic procedures, which ones? And when? And why?

If there are some that you would never do -what are they?

Last edited by sheena12; 07-02-2015 at 12:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2015, 08:28 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I am 56. A very youthful 56. Frequently I am mistaken for 10 years younger. Occasionally more.

I have not had plastic surgery involving a knife or anesthesia. I have had Botox and fillers. I have had two very conservative and artistic doctors. No one notices when I have these things done. They usually think that I look good - but can't figure out why.

In the future I would like to have an eye lift. My dad did at 65, and he looked so much younger - yet it was subtle.

I was also thinking about a brow lift.

Something that I would NEVER do? Lip filler. I have never seen a person who has had this procedure who looks better. They look like trout - or duck billed platypus. And I have never seen it look natural. Besides, I don't want thick Angelina Jolie lips. I like my lips and not everyone's lips thin with age.

If there are some that you would never do -what are they?
Interesting question, Sheena. I am 65, and like you very youthful looking for my age. I work out, have a good figure and my face has few wrinkles or lines (having oily skin all my life helps! )

Anyway, for myself I would never consider Botox or fillers, too afraid of problems. However I have considered having my lower eyes done, and a minor face lift to pick up my jaw line when I feel it is getting too bad. I am lucky that I have a long neck with no sagging skin few wrinkles there.

I really would kind of like to have it done NOW, since I am 65. Remember things like this last maybe up to 10 years. I don't know if there is an age limit to when you can have it done. One thing that stops me is that I am diabetic, and while I am in very good health other than my high blood sugar, is does concern me. So, that is where I am, right now.

Old 07-02-2015, 08:51 AM

706 posts, read 1,179,991 times
Well I'm 40 years old and I'm having a breast lift/augmentation next summer.

As for why...I've nursed two babies and as a result, I've lost all of the fullness/volume in my breasts. I also weight train, and that doesn't do any favors for a woman's breasts either. I would have done it years ago, but I'm finally at a place where I can afford it comfortably. As long as someone does the proper research and selects a reputable surgeon, I see no need in living with an imperfection that is making you unhappy or less confident in your appearance. Might as well get it fixed.

I am happy with the rest of my body and can't see me having any other procedures after my BA.

Old 07-02-2015, 08:56 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post

Only mole removal. Because I have a high incidence of moles that need to be regularly evaluated for changes and removed if they are suspected of being precancerous. I've been having this done since I wa sa teen, and will continue it as needed throughout life. This is, stupidly, never covered and is consistently billed as a cosmetic procedure. Cancer concerns being primarily cosmetic, and all.

Old 07-02-2015, 09:47 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,046 times
I would absolutely get plastic surgery. I've had seven babies. I want my body put back as close to normal as possible. My face, at best, maybe some filler in several years but that's it. I don't want to look unnatural. It's not like you can't tell.

Old 07-02-2015, 10:24 AM

95 posts, read 204,272 times
I've been thinking about getting goat horn implants so I look like Satan.

Old 07-02-2015, 10:52 AM

951 posts, read 1,140,470 times
I'm 38 and would probably have a tummy tuck if all the diet and exercise won't help (still working on it). That scar looks ugly though, so I'm not sure, but damn, I would look so much better with the flat tummy. I can finally wear more body conscious outfits. Woohoo!

Facially, I don't like my nasolabial folds, but too afraid of doing anything unnatural to them or to my face at all. I agree, lip injections are one of the worst I've seen on people. Although I do think Kylie Jenner looks pretty good after her surgeries, but she's only 17!

I do know a 60+ year old woman who had a facial lift and she looks pretty darn good now. She went all the way to Thailand to get hers done. Good luck. I used to be against plastic surgery, but when it's done well, I think it's worth it.

Old 07-02-2015, 10:57 AM

18,527 posts, read 18,748,986 times
OH I dont know.... Id love a nose job, have wanted one since a teenager but never had the cash...now Im older and a bit scared to be honest.. if someone would just put me under whlle Im asleep and go for it. hahaha, but then Im not sure what style of nose I want. used to be a Liz Taylor one.. but Ive seen some disasters on TV of people who werent happy at all at the results...

Old 07-02-2015, 11:06 AM

41,956 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Elective surgery ... no thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
This is, stupidly, never covered and is consistently billed as a cosmetic procedure. Cancer concerns being primarily cosmetic, and all.
Wow, that's really effed up.

Old 07-02-2015, 11:08 AM

18,469 posts, read 31,635,068 times
botox is your friend and so are fillers, no need for the knife anymore.

botox between the eyebrows takes away the lines, and fillers in the cheeks make you look 20 years younger.

freinds, remember, they are your friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty