Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 11:25 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I would wear the wide-legged trouser one in the last frame, and possibly the dressy black one with the blingy waist in the pic where the woman was standing with the man in the ridiculous highwater white suit. I think the third frame one, which was billed "for curvy women," represents an absolutely unflattering look for plus-size women. Not a fan at all.
I think that one was styled wrong. But had potential. Looks like the model (aka blogger) likes the edgy biker look, and that messed up the proportions a bit for me. The pants rolled up with the boots looks like she was hiding a wide-legged pant that was too short. I think a colorful wide belt would have looked better. But I have seen people in real life at her size look super cute! They probably do not have blogs.

But there are so many types! The uber plunging look only works if you are both very slim and very small busted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2015, 01:17 PM

342 posts, read 438,081 times
I made a jumpsuit recently - wide- legged (palazzo) , very floaty, from silk fabric. It is fun to wear to go out at night...

Old 07-10-2015, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquamarin View Post
I made a jumpsuit recently - wide- legged (palazzo) , very floaty, from silk fabric. It is fun to wear to go out at night...
Sounds awesome!

Old 07-10-2015, 03:38 PM

7,682 posts, read 1,271,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Why are these pants jumpsuits so short? I am 5'4" and I find that most of them are too short. Who are these made for? Are they cutting the legs wrong? I really do not get it!

In the beginning of the season I purchased 2 prs. of palazzo pants from the Juniors section at Kohl's. I'm less than 5'2" and they come up just above my ankle. I can't imagine what they look like on someone taller (and I wonder how they will wash!)

Old 07-10-2015, 03:42 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Height + jumpsuit = perma-wedgie! They can be cute on the right body, but they are all wrong for me. I do not like the strapless ones, though. You are at the whim of one yank, and the wearer often does not wear a bra.

Old 07-10-2015, 03:49 PM

7,682 posts, read 1,271,286 times
I purchased this jumpsuit 2 years ago and finally got to wear it Christmas 2013. I'm 5'1" and at the time weighed about 175 lbs. I loved it because it hid all my figure flaws and was really comfortable and real easy to wear (of course, I had to get it shortened!)

Emma & Michele Short Sleeve Flutter Top Jumpsuit | Boscov's

http://linneasboutique.com/products/...w-bell-sleeves

Old 07-10-2015, 04:11 PM

7,098 posts, read 4,823,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquamarin View Post
That does sound awesome.

My only "issue" with these. (Other than being able to find one that looks good on me, lol) is the logistics around using the restroom!

If you're at a residence there's not much of a problem, but out and about.....at restaurants and bars and such, it's got to be difficult to keep all that upper fabric from falling to the floor!

Old 07-10-2015, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
That does sound awesome.

My only "issue" with these. (Other than being able to find one that looks good on me, lol) is the logistics around using the restroom!

If you're at a residence there's not much of a problem, but out and about.....at restaurants and bars and such, it's got to be difficult to keep all that upper fabric from falling to the floor!
I think this is where those elastic waistbands some in handy. And maybe stick with sleeveless and short sleeves.

Old 07-10-2015, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMcN View Post
I purchased this jumpsuit 2 years ago and finally got to wear it Christmas 2013. I'm 5'1" and at the time weighed about 175 lbs. I loved it because it hid all my figure flaws and was really comfortable and real easy to wear (of course, I had to get it shortened!)

Emma & Michele Short Sleeve Flutter Top Jumpsuit | Boscov's

Emma and Michele - Black Belted Jumpsuit Overlay w/Bell Sleeves – Linnea's Boutique & Vera's Threads

This is the one I got (at a lower price at a different retailer)

VINCE CAMUTO IMPRINT ILLUSION DRAWSTRING JUMPSUIT - Vince Camuto

Old 07-10-2015, 09:35 PM

645 posts, read 750,767 times
I luv one piece outfits....mostly rompers the shorts one....they are so cute and comfortable and you just have to wear one piece of clothing...so great for the summer.....I have not tried a pants jumpsuit because I really hate wearing pants..lol but some look cute
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty