Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 09:35 PM

12,040 posts, read 8,411,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Neither do I. Try RIT dye. It gives them an extra year or so of life. (After, wash them alone)
And to begin with always wash inside out in cold water. I have a friend who buys high end and only has them dry cleaned to avoid the fading.

Should they eventually begin to fade you can buy a good dye fixative to wash them (alone) with and that will prevent bleeding. I don't trust it well enough though to wash them with anything other than other black items but it definitely slows the fading.

I've had at least one pair of good black jeans in my wardrobe for nearly forty years. You can dress them up nicely with a cream or white blouse, a good belt and some eyecatching jewelry.

My latest pair came with a matching long length denim jacket that I pair with a sweater and some boots for a comfortable, yet dressy look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2015, 09:38 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,522,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
And to begin with always wash inside out in cold water. I have a friend who buys high end and only has them dry cleaned to avoid the fading.

Should they eventually begin to fade you can buy a good dye fixative to wash them (alone) with and that will prevent bleeding. I don't trust it well enough though to wash them with anything other than other black items but it definitely slows the fading.

I've had at least one pair of good black jeans in my wardrobe for nearly forty years. You can dress them up nicely with a cream or white blouse, a good belt and some eyecatching jewelry.

My latest pair came with a matching long length denim jacket that I pair with a sweater and some boots for a comfortable, yet dressy look.
I've got a mate that won't wash jeans full stop to save fading!!!

( ps it's not the same bloke that doesn't use shampoo or do the laundry lol )

Old 08-19-2015, 09:40 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,677,577 times
Underrated black jeans look great, in fact I prefer them to blue jeans.

Old 08-19-2015, 09:46 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,355,248 times
Quote:

They're not the same pair, are they?

j/k

Old 08-19-2015, 10:11 PM

In the United States of America, women can wear what women choose to wear.

Old 08-19-2015, 10:16 PM

24,100 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Quote:

What brand do you prefer? I agree that they can be dressed up for an elegant and timeless look.
and the accessories are key.

My sister does the dry cleaning with all of her jeans. I don't go that far.

The inside out washing is a great tip - I do it without thinking.

Old 08-19-2015, 10:24 PM

461 posts, read 508,892 times
Lee ,curvy, bootcut. Great cut for my short legs! Got them at Kohls I think for less than $30.00. They go great with a dressy blouse for work. They are a dark black with just a bit of spandex in them to make them super comfortable.

Old 08-19-2015, 10:40 PM

A female member of my family occasionally wears jeans, but much of the time she wears uniforms.
Attached Thumbnails
Black Jeans? Hideous or Underrated?-ppp.jpg   Black Jeans? Hideous or Underrated?-pps.jpg  

Old 08-19-2015, 10:45 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,522,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia 914 View Post
A female member of my family occasionally wears jeans, but much of the time she wears uniforms.
Are you a officer or soldier tia?

Either way impressive to have one or both in your family

Old 08-19-2015, 10:49 PM

347 posts, read 282,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becki in Tx. View Post
Lee ,curvy, bootcut. Great cut for my short legs! Got them at Kohls I think for less than $30.00. They go great with a dressy blouse for work. They are a dark black with just a bit of spandex in them to make them super comfortable.
Lee jeans rule!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty