Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 12:11 PM

4,939 posts, read 3,314,385 times

Advertisements

Something odd happened 2 times. So I bought a night gown/sleep wear and some months later bought the same and the fabric was a lot thinner and colors faded way faster than on the first. My second story is today I received by mail same purse I ordered few weeks ago and this one the leather is way thinner and not same quality. The purse has sold out, so sending back is not an option, so I will keep it. Now my question is has anyone else noticed this when buying multiples of same item?
I am thinking they make one good quality batch of products and then sloppy inferior extra stock.Why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2015, 05:50 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,872,184 times
I've had that happen with sheets before...bought one set and it was lovely and soft and didn't wrinkle. Bought a second set, same brand, same thread count, same color, and it felt like sandpaper to the point that I couldn't sleep on it.

Old 09-13-2015, 06:39 PM

8,043 posts, read 10,634,161 times
Don't you know the rule? If you find something you really, really like, the next time you go to buy it, it will not be as good (the quality, etc.), or it will be discontinued. Happens to me ALL the time.

Old 09-13-2015, 06:46 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,539,864 times
Welcome to the Made in China train.....alll aboard!!!

Old 09-13-2015, 06:47 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,454,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
Don't you know the rule? If you find something you really, really like, the next time you go to buy it, it will not be as good (the quality, etc.), or it will be discontinued. Happens to me ALL the time.
My current "hated" item that has changed drastically is Glide dental floss. (It's in a sort-of turquoise case). It breaks constantly. (The case looks ever so slightly different.)

My other hated item is toilet paper. All brands.
It's all "septic safe" now, but I am tired of all the little "bits" of paper that remain on humans just to make it easy for plumbing systems.

Old 09-15-2015, 07:09 PM

28 posts, read 66,441 times
Current production Levis blue jeans. You have to try several pairs on before buying any to verify they are made to size. The returns department at Kohl's this last weekend was full of "returned" Levis blue jeans. They also were running a sale on Lee and the shelves were practically bare. Levis better get their head on straight or they will be planning to lose a lot of future business. Another thing that bugs most people is that they not only went over seas to manufacturer these lesser quality jeans, they also raised the price to $58.99 while doing so. That is a recipe for disaster and also changing their decades old most popular styles without notification. Levis 505s don't fit like old 505's....same with 517s and even 501s.

Pretty bad when Kohl's will take them back on exchange without even having a receipt, also after they have already been worn and washed. That is a obvious clue quality control is slipping currently. I'd be mad too if my spouse grabbed a pair of the cut/model I have worn for over 30 years and even the same size and got them home only to find out that not only don't they fit, but they also changed the cut/design without product notification.

Returns department, here we come!!

Old 09-16-2015, 03:30 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,258,784 times
I've had a t-shirt, I did that with. I bought it, it was perfect but had a hole in it! So they replaced it, but just didn't seem quite right. They were out of stock and that was all she wrote, no more were made (it was a special edition type shirt of a sports team championship) oh well.

Old 09-16-2015, 03:37 PM

5,718 posts, read 7,258,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit The Ground Running View Post
Current production Levis blue jeans. You have to try several pairs on before buying any to verify they are made to size. The returns department at Kohl's this last weekend was full of "returned" Levis blue jeans. They also were running a sale on Lee and the shelves were practically bare. Levis better get their head on straight or they will be planning to lose a lot of future business. Another thing that bugs most people is that they not only went over seas to manufacturer these lesser quality jeans, they also raised the price to $58.99 while doing so. That is a recipe for disaster and also changing their decades old most popular styles without notification. Levis 505s don't fit like old 505's....same with 517s and even 501s.

Pretty bad when Kohl's will take them back on exchange without even having a receipt, also after they have already been worn and washed. That is a obvious clue quality control is slipping currently. I'd be mad too if my spouse grabbed a pair of the cut/model I have worn for over 30 years and even the same size and got them home only to find out that not only don't they fit, but they also changed the cut/design without product notification.

Returns department, here we come!!

That's for sure.

I was very pleased when I recently found Levi's 505 jeans for sale at Costco. Bought a pair, but when I got them home and went to put them in the washer, I noticed that they were some kind of awful "stretch denim". Immediately returned them.

Even in the ones I bought just before that, I've noticed a reduction in quality. The yoke panel is shorter, and the pockets aren't as deep.

Looks like I might finally be switching to Lee or Wranglers.

Old 09-16-2015, 03:37 PM

102,219 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkiforniainHouston View Post
Welcome to the Made in China train.....alll aboard!!!
This.

Old 09-16-2015, 07:25 PM

8,043 posts, read 10,634,161 times
We have been told that when items are shipped overseas the quality does not go down, and that is so absolutely NOT true. If you shop old thrift stores, and find old items that were union made in the USA, the durability and quality difference is unmistakable.

From clothing, to appliances, toys, to food products, so much now is just junk, junk junk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty