Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 07:44 PM

221 posts, read 316,730 times

Advertisements

I HATE jeans shopping. I can just never seem to find ones that fit me and look good.

I'm 5'4. 122 pounds. Have lost quite a bit of weight over the past few years. I'm 28, and the most fit I have ever been in my life. I have never wanted to look or feel as good in my clothes as do now!

So, advice on your favorite, most flattering jeans? I'm open to skinny, boot cut, straight, doesn't matter to me. I just want a pair that fits well and makes me look as good as I feel.

My biggest problem since losing weight often seems that they fit in the legs but are too big around the waist, or their fit in the waist but are baggy in the butt. And I HATE the dreaded bunch of fabric in the crotch when I sit. I can't seem to avoid that.

Length is also usually an issue, but I'm willing to get them hemmed if I find a pair that I love.

Advise away!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2015, 09:14 PM

16,061 posts, read 26,676,573 times
Everyone is different. Try going to Nordstrom's and ask for help. They have great stylists.

Old 09-18-2015, 12:47 AM

191 posts, read 272,079 times
As a guy this obviously isn't in my wheelhouse, but for whatever it's worth, my female cousin and a lot of my female friends absolutely love Silver brand jeans. They do look nice and they're good quality. You can get them online, or at Dillard's, Macy's, Herbergers, and probably a few other places. I'm not really sure how widely they're distributed, but they are a great brand. Anyway, just throwing it out there.

Old 09-18-2015, 02:55 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,779,931 times
Different jeans seem to be cut to fit different body types. You really have to try on lots of jeans until you find a brand that fits you consistently, and then you can just look for different styles within that brand.

If you're 5'4" and have to get your jeans hemmed, then your legs are probably proportionately shorter than average. Wearing jeans that come up to your waist rather than low-rise jeans, and wearing shirts that are a regular length (rather than longer ones which you may be in the habit of wearing if you used to weigh a lot more) will make your legs look longer. If most jeans seem too baggy in the butt, try junior's sizes.

Old 09-18-2015, 11:37 AM

922 posts, read 1,104,941 times
I second trying on jeans from the junior's section. I have found that women's jeans are usually too big in thigh area for me and get baggy within a few hours. American Eagle jeans have a good fit and style, try those!

Old 09-18-2015, 12:49 PM

3,073 posts, read 5,477,543 times
J Brand for a more pricey brand...Garage has some cute jeans

Old 09-19-2015, 05:06 AM

3,423 posts, read 4,345,210 times
I second the suggestion to look at Silver brand jeans. You can get them in plus size as well (I think Torrid sells them).

I like Calvin Klein at the moment--good quality and style. Lucky Brand has good quality, but I personally find they ride too low cut for me. All brands are a bit different, and I think you'll just have to try on different brands to see what you prefer. Some brands use heavier denim than others--I know Lucky carries thick denim jeans for Fall/Winter.

It might be, that the quality of the denim affects how the jeans fit you. If there's any stretch in the jeans, if they contain elastane or polyurethane, that might make the jeans loose at the waist or baggy in spots after they're worn.

Old 09-19-2015, 08:59 PM

28 posts, read 66,098 times
Women in the 80s and 90s who had anything to show off seemed to always wear Guess jeans...

Old 09-21-2015, 08:20 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,201,327 times
Express Jeans. In the past I would never have dropped $80 on a pair, but I tried on their Barely Boot and fell in love. Perfect fit, and pocket placement makes your ass look amazing.

Old 09-21-2015, 03:29 PM

951 posts, read 1,136,472 times
I have a hard time finding jeans that fit me too. For me, it's been well worth it to spend $150 or more on a pair of jeans, so if you can afford it, buy the premium jeans like Paige and AG. The cut just fits me perfectly. I already tossed the same amount of money or more at cheaper brands trying to find the right fit, so I won't be doing this again when I shop for jeans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty