Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 06:45 PM

2,605 posts, read 2,708,564 times

Advertisements

The daily essential or almost essential accessories such as prescription eyeglass, sun glass, work purse, work shoe, gym shoe, watch, basic work jewelry, belt...etc

Stuff you wear on everyday base & don't see it as fashion statement. Do you buy 1 item and wear it till it breaks/dead then go buy another. Or do u have few to switch around or do u keep one for each day of the week. What do you wear regular that you keep only 1 item and what do u have multiple.

This question rose after my eyeglass broke yesterday. I realize by wearing the same glass everyday I put lot of wear/tear on it. Maybe I would be better having 2 or more glass to switch my look n make them last longer. Then I looked at other aspect in my life such as for long time I had 1 watch that I worn daily at work (I still wear watch like old times eventho cellphone exist). Few years ago I was gifted another watch n now I switch btw those two. Same with work purse. I tend to use the same purse everyday n they get ruined fast from dirt n me carrying heavy laptop
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2015, 07:03 PM

3,052 posts, read 2,923,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
The daily essential or almost essential accessories such as prescription eyeglass, sun glass, work purse, work shoe, gym shoe, watch, basic work jewelry, belt...etc

Stuff you wear on everyday base & don't see it as fashion statement. Do you buy 1 item and wear it till it breaks/dead then go buy another. Or do u have few to switch around or do u keep one for each day of the week. What do you wear regular that you keep only 1 item and what do u have multiple.

This question rose after my eyeglass broke yesterday. I realize by wearing the same glass everyday I put lot of wear/tear on it. Maybe I would be better having 2 or more glass to switch my look n make them last longer. Then I looked at other aspect in my life such as for long time I had 1 watch that I worn daily at work (I still wear watch like old times eventho cellphone exist). Few years ago I was gifted another watch n now I switch btw those two. Same with work purse. I tend to use the same purse everyday n they get ruined fast from dirt n me carrying heavy laptop

In every instance I can think of I have just one item and use/wear it until it breaks down or gets too worn. Like just yesterday I finally got a new purse after having the same one for like, 7 or 8 years. It was getting so worn, the strap was fraying and one side of the strap was half-way torn off (I had it attached securely by a safety pin). It was like that for a good two years before I got a new purse. I was looking for one to replace it way before I got this new one, but I just have such a hard time finding something I like! Even the one I got is just okay. I really would prefer one closer in style to the one I replaced, but oh well. I really wanted to stop using that old worn out thing so when I finally found one that was acceptable I got it.

My cellphone I use as a watch and I use those things until it breaks (I did this in every instance but once when I traded in 2010 the original cell-phone that I was given as a gift in 2004 with my mother's because I liked how hers looked better). I had that one then for nigh on like 4 years or so. Then they all started breaking like really quickly one right after the other. I'm on my like 4th I think now. I had this one for about almost a year so, hopefully it will be the last one I'll buy for a while. I hate buying those things, never wanted to buy one in my life since the one I had for so long was given to me. But alas... the things do break!

Old 10-01-2015, 08:53 PM

4,977 posts, read 5,763,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
I usually wear contacts, but I do have 4 different pair of prescription eyeglasses for those "no contact" days. With places like Zenni, multiple pairs of prescription glasses are very affordable, so I can match the frames to my outfit!

I don't wear a watch.

Or use a purse.

I usually wear tennis shoes to work - I alternate between 3 different pair. I also have a dressier pair of comfortable shoes I wear once in a while. Plus dressy flip flops. And Tevas. And a slide sandal.

I walk regularly, alternating between several pair. I do keep track of my mileage per shoe with an app. I usually replace once I get to 400 miles per pair, although one of my recent pairs only made it to about 300 miles before the entire sole was worn off. (yes, I have literally walked through a pair of shoes!)

I don't wear any jewelry.

I don't wear a belt.

Old 10-01-2015, 11:56 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,353,667 times
I don't wear glasses or contacts, own 2 watches but haven't purchased batteries for them, and for the most part I prefer jewelry that I don't have to take off.

Old 10-02-2015, 06:11 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,844,304 times
LOL I'm accessorized.

I have two pairs of prescription glasses, though I often wear contacts. So I am always switching that look out.

I always wear my wedding rings, my diamond stud earrings, and the small fleur de lis necklace that my husband had made for me from our first wedding set. Oh, and a toe ring.

I have one of those little bags that I can take out and put into different purses, so I switch purses if I feel like it. All I have to do is move the bag and my wallet from one purse to another. I have five different purses - a brown one, a black one, a blue one, orange one and a silvery one.

I have an assortment of rings for my right hand and I change those out a lot. Same with earrings (my studs are in a not in my "main" holes!).

I rarely wear watches. I do have several and occasionally I'll wear one. I also have different long necklaces as well as some fun, chunky bracelets.

WOOHOOO!

In my defense, I don't tend to wear flashy clothes or shoes and I HATE blingy, flashy purses. But I love to accessorize.

Old 10-02-2015, 12:51 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,226,222 times
I've never been big on accessories, so I don't own very much. The only things I really like are quirky, vintage stuff that I find at thrift stores, like cute purses or some unique pieces of costume jewelry.

Old 10-04-2015, 01:08 PM

2,026 posts, read 333,778 times
I stopped wearing glasses over the summer and now have switched to contacts, so contacts. I also wear my class ring and a ring my mother bought me for my birthday. Can't leave the house without my two Pandora bracelets, so those aswell. I also keep in some small circular Nadri earrings.

Old 10-04-2015, 01:26 PM

11,049 posts, read 24,014,485 times
Well, there's one purse, no watch, no glasses although there's a pair of sunglasses in the purse. Those are about thirty years old and still fine although it's almost time to have new lenses put in them again. For accessories, there's two different necklaces if one should be needed, about five different pairs of flip flops, all the same brand with different colored straps. I usually wear my wedding ring and that's about the only daily accessory. If I can find it, there's a cellphone in the purse these days along with a couple of reusable shopping bags for the grocery since they banned plastic shopping bags in our state. There's an assortment of hair pins although generally it's a pair of double pointed knitting needles instead of an official hair pin. Frequently, I'll have my knitting bag with me and there's about five different knitting bags, so maybe those are my accessories.

Old 10-04-2015, 07:20 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,988,586 times
I don't do "fashion" accessories....I wear or carry what I need....

Old 10-04-2015, 07:44 PM

37,589 posts, read 45,950,883 times
I have two diamond rings that I bought myself (channel-set, low-profile, but very nice); I wear them *most* days. I have a pair of diamond earrings (small hoops with inset diamonds) that I wear *most days*. I mean 27 (or so) out of 30 days in a month - I love them, and I bought them specifically to wear everyday.

I wear a gold box-link necklace (20"), and a gold mariner-link anklet that I never take it off unless I am having a some medical procedure that requires me to remove them.

I have a nickel allergy, so watches are not something I ever shop for. I do have 3 (all same style just different colors) titanium banded watches, that I use to wear, daily. But I've gotten out of the habit. I do prefer wearing a watch - it is annoying to have to pull out my phone to check the time.

I have a few handbags - but I tend to carry one until it's pretty worn out.

That's it. Everything else is a toss up each day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty