Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 02:19 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,767,807 times

Advertisements

You know what bothered me the most? The fact that someone thought one has to have a special name like murse (haha, even my spellchek doesn't like it: changed it to nurse three times in a row. ) for a bag a man carries. Even 'man bag' sounds very self conscious.

I do believe that a majority of the so-called Fashion industry has been seriously working on blurring the lines between what historically had appeared as feminine and masculine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2015, 02:52 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
well with all the "stuff" we have now-a-days, men DO need something to carry it in.

it is the year 2015 and were still discussing bags for men?

havent we evolved yet????

Old 10-15-2015, 03:02 PM

285 posts, read 927,595 times
I have two men's purses, one women's purse, 4 tactical shoulder bags, one of which is a dual strap day back pack. I use the back pack mostly, I like having a lot of stuff with me in case I need it. When I'm home but going to go our with my wife shopping or what ever everything is in there just how it is for my wife and her purse.

I not a bit concerned of other people's opinions. I don't know them and they don't know me. So far no one says anything, and if they do I politely speak with them.
If a dude wants to carry his stuff in a purse, good for him!

Old 10-15-2015, 05:07 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,602,965 times
Both men and women can and do carry bags with the ''stuff'' they are likely to need. However, the styles are very different, First, we'll look at what a typical girl carries, then at what a typical man carries. The gentleman states specifically that it is not a purse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sus4vuGSCM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ckc-ETQIpU

Old 10-15-2015, 05:26 PM

4,232 posts, read 6,909,066 times
^saying that a 'typical' man carries an EDC kit and comparing it to a purse is a big stretch

In my leather messenger bag I'm typically carrying:

Work: Laptop, mouse, various notebooks, tablet, sketch pens, small binder or reference books, headphones, chapstick, various flash drives, tissues, car keys and wallet.

Leisure: Personal laptop, book(s) I'm reading, camera/lens, sketch pad, sketch pens, headphones, chapstick, tissues, a few snacks, car keys and wallet, maybe a shelter magazine or book.

Old 10-15-2015, 08:17 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,767,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiecta View Post
^saying that a 'typical' man carries an EDC kit and comparing it to a purse is a big stretch

In my leather messenger bag I'm typically carrying:

Work: Laptop, mouse, various notebooks, tablet, sketch pens, small binder or reference books, headphones, chapstick, various flash drives, tissues, car keys and wallet.

Leisure: Personal laptop, book(s) I'm reading, camera/lens, sketch pad, sketch pens, headphones, chapstick, tissues, a few snacks, car keys and wallet, maybe a shelter magazine or book.
Have you ever weighed that bag? Wonder how much the loaded bag weighs...just for fun.

Old 10-15-2015, 08:35 PM

4,232 posts, read 6,909,066 times
I haven't weighed it but it's not uncomfortable to carry or anything. I don't carry it with me everywhere. Some days I leave the house with nothing but a credit card and an ID. But on a day I plan to spend the entire day and evening bumming around downtown and don't know what im going to get into I have the bag with me.

Old 10-15-2015, 09:31 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,162,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jzer21 View Post
Pretty sure an X and Y chromosome still make a male human. Society evolves.
Not all male humans qualify as men.

Old 10-15-2015, 09:39 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,162,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
Perhaps you should travel a bit. To Italy maybe. You think those aren't men??
If they're carrying purses, then no, they're not men. There is nothing masculine about a purse, regardless of who carries it.

Oh, and when I travel internationally I prefer the Caribbean, but I'll keep Italy in mind.

Old 10-15-2015, 10:09 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,685,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
Not all male humans qualify as men.
I wouldnt doubt comments like that are why a lot of men go gay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty