Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 05:21 AM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeboi View Post
Yeah, but the one in the link I posted is a bit on the feminine side.
I didn't think they were. So many items are now unisex that I don't think anyone would think of a man or a woman carrying one of the bags pictured. I think if you have something to carry, it only makes sense to do it in a bag. These I wolud class as "bags" not purses or murses.

When I go to the restroom in a busy place, I always have my husband keep my purse, he doesn't seem to mind being seen with it but it is more of a "tote bag". Now, if a guy is carrying a pink purse with rhinestones.......... but then again, to each his/her own. Since I am past the junior high school years, I just look, think "OK" and go on with my business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2015, 07:36 AM

4,366 posts, read 4,577,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeboi View Post
One of the new trend I have noticed, is the fact that many men are starting to carry a murse. (man purse)

Ladies, how do you feel about this?
Please see the link below for an example.

Man Purse Pictures [Slideshow]

Number 12 is VERY feminine. I could feel comfortable wearing that one! Also, the last one is pretty girly, too. I would feel slightly uncomfortable seeing a male carry it unless maybe he's carrying it for his girlfriend. The models, though, looked so femme that they could be women.

Old 10-17-2015, 07:42 AM

3,671 posts, read 3,552,551 times
History is awesome.

The French have set fashion trend for ages. (art, clothing, etc.)

Men used to wear makeup, and that was the day and age.

Makeup used to be thought of as only something someone on stage would do, and was related to prostitution, actors.

Wigs? The Brits and the French, also Americans in the early days of court.

It was men wearing the wigs...

Times change. Go with the flow. It's evolution. The more shi* you get, the more you need to carry it around with you.

Whatever that looks like, is miniscule, or fashionable, depending upon who or what Fashion designer describes it.

What is important, is the person carrying it.

Old 10-17-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraDown View Post
History is awesome.

The French have set fashion trend for ages. (art, clothing, etc.)

Men used to wear makeup, and that was the day and age.

Makeup used to be thought of as only something someone on stage would do, and was related to prostitution, actors.

Wigs? The Brits and the French, also Americans in the early days of court.

It was men wearing the wigs...

Times change. Go with the flow. It's evolution. The more shi* you get, the more you need to carry it around with you.

Whatever that looks like, is miniscule, or fashionable, depending upon who or what Fashion designer describes it.

What is important, is the person carrying it.

I know that fashion trends change throughout the ages. Still, though, people develop schemas and expectations for "masculine" and "feminine." Personally, though, I would like to see the lines blurred to unrecognizable. Men and women can still distinguish themselves as "different" without limiting their options.

Old 10-17-2015, 11:13 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,682,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb501 View Post
Number 12 is VERY feminine. I could feel comfortable wearing that one! Also, the last one is pretty girly, too. I would feel slightly uncomfortable seeing a male carry it unless maybe he's carrying it for his girlfriend. The models, though, looked so femme that they could be women.
Why would you or anyone feel uncofortable at the sight of a man carrying a bag, feminine looking or not? If hes not your husband why would you care either way and even if it was your husband I thought you were supposed to love him for better or for worse?

Old 10-17-2015, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
Why would you or anyone feel uncomfortable at the sight of a man carrying a bag, feminine looking or not? If he's not your husband why would you care either way, and even if he was your husband, I thought you were supposed to love him for better or for worse?

Good question...I don't know. I guess "uncomfortable" was the wrong word. It was kind of the reaction I would get to a man wearing a kilt around here; that's not out of place for him but unusual to me. If I saw a flamboyantly-dressed young man with a bag like that, I would probably wonder (a) if he's gay, (b) if he's carrying it for his girlfriend, or (c) if perhaps he's in a strange play set in another country, or another planet, that requires it as a prop. The bag just seemed out of place as everyday menswear in this country. Of course, I don't know, and I will probably see these new trends at a college campus next Spring or something. It's amazing how impressionable young teenagers are if the "right" people tell them what to do... I wish I could get my kids to listen to me like that!

As for my personal opinion, I'm weird. I like men who push the envelope and think outside of the box. A guy in a kilt and tights (not on a dare) would be oddly attractive to me.

Last edited by krmb; 10-17-2015 at 01:33 PM..

Old 10-17-2015, 01:52 PM

7,322 posts, read 6,919,546 times
As for my personal opinion, I'm weird. I like men who push the envelope and think outside of the box. A guy in a kilt and tights (not on a dare) would be oddly attractive to me.[/quote]

I use a back pack daily for my lap top, drawing tablet, and rescue gear, made by swiss army .
does that count ?
I wear a black T shirt and levis and tennis shoes and ride a motorcycle.

Old 10-17-2015, 02:53 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,504,547 times
I wouldn't give those a second look. Why shouldn't a guy have something to carry around they can fill with their own stuff? Doesn't bother me and wouldn't impact my feelings about a guy.

Old 10-17-2015, 03:34 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,682,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb501 View Post
Good question...I don't know. I guess "uncomfortable" was the wrong word. It was kind of the reaction I would get to a man wearing a kilt around here; that's not out of place for him but unusual to me. If I saw a flamboyantly-dressed young man with a bag like that, I would probably wonder (a) if he's gay, (b) if he's carrying it for his girlfriend, or (c) if perhaps he's in a strange play set in another country, or another planet, that requires it as a prop. The bag just seemed out of place as everyday menswear in this country. Of course, I don't know, and I will probably see these new trends at a college campus next Spring or something. It's amazing how impressionable young teenagers are if the "right" people tell them what to do... I wish I could get my kids to listen to me like that!

As for my personal opinion, I'm weird. I like men who push the envelope and think outside of the box. A guy in a kilt and tights (not on a dare) would be oddly attractive to me.
I think I get what youre saying. I think for me it would be if i saw something like that it wouldnt bother me at all but i would do a quick double take to make sure that i wasnt seeing things.

Old 10-17-2015, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
I use a back pack daily for my lap top, drawing tablet, and rescue gear, made by swiss army .
does that count ?
I wear a black T shirt and levis and tennis shoes and ride a motorcycle.[/quote]

No, the right kilt looks like a skirt. I find international clothing that sort of blurs the lines classic and distinctly masculine, though. Women have been wearing their own versions of everything for several years. Why can't the guys catch up? If we relaxed the standards of what's "feminine" and "masculine," perhaps we could eliminate a lot of trepedation heterosexual men express concerning experimenting with men's fashion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty