Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 12:23 PM

6,611 posts, read 4,834,949 times

Advertisements

I'll define "younger" as under 35. Please leave genitalia out of consideration and discussion. I'm not doing a female version because it would be more complex and very controversial.

Old 10-29-2015, 12:42 PM

4,537 posts, read 5,349,576 times
Mod cut.

This probably isnt what you want to hear, but how anyone (male or female) will look with no clothes on will depend on their level of fitness. Age doesnt really play all that big of a role. A FIT 50 year old is going to look a lot better than a FAT 20 year old be they male or female.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-29-2015 at 10:24 PM.. Reason: Off-topic.

Old 10-29-2015, 12:53 PM

Aging has effects regardless of fitness.

Anyway, my question gets at things like shape vs. clothing silhouette. For example, I've seen guys in the gym locker room who look very blocky sans clothes. Abs, also - you can't see them with clothes on. And chest shape - that can vary greatly, with some pecs looking worse than others. Then there's hairiness....

Holy cow: I found a lengthy discussion of a similar topic, but the domain is blocked when I enter the link. Google "Why are men so ugly nude"

Last edited by goodheathen; 10-29-2015 at 01:02 PM..

Old 10-29-2015, 01:15 PM

4,170 posts, read 6,861,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Aging has effects regardless of fitness.

Anyway, my question gets at things like shape vs. clothing silhouette. For example, I've seen guys in the gym locker room who look very blocky sans clothes. Abs, also - you can't see them with clothes on. And chest shape - that can vary greatly, with some pecs looking worse than others. Then there's hairiness....

Holy cow: I found a lengthy discussion of a similar topic, but the domain is blocked when I enter the link. Google "Why are men so ugly nude"
i don't think anyone else wants to google that lol.

Besides, what you are talking about has more to do with an INDIVIDUAL and their natural body and how in shape they stay etc. versus age. Age certainly plays a factor, but you can have a fit 40 year old guy with visible abs who keeps his body hair neat and you can have a fat, hair 25 year old with no abs.

So asking a blanket statement of whether young men look bad with clothes off is weird. And whether men are "ugly" nude or not is subjective anyway.

I'm missing the point of this thread.

Old 10-29-2015, 01:20 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,478,228 times
Well I'm 30 and dont get any complaints with or without clothes if that helps 👏

Old 10-29-2015, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiecta View Post
i don't think anyone else wants to google that lol.

Besides, what you are talking about has more to do with an INDIVIDUAL and their natural body and how in shape they stay etc. versus age. Age certainly plays a factor, but you can have a fit 40 year old guy with visible abs who keeps his body hair neat and you can have a fat, hair 25 year old with no abs.

So asking a blanket statement of whether young men look bad with clothes off is weird. And whether men are "ugly" nude or not is subjective anyway.

I'm missing the point of this thread.
Because it's an interesting question (inspired by a forum comment about male genitalia, actually). It's mostly the good-looking younger guys who go shirtless in public and (to a lesser extent) use the gym, and as a heterosexual male, I don't pay much attention to male bodies. I want to have a better idea what's out there and what women like and dislike.

Also, attractiveness is mostly objective, and I don't think the other site allows images in its posts (but as I wade through it the posts alas are mostly off-topic).

Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-29-2015 at 10:27 PM.. Reason: Off-topic.

Old 10-29-2015, 02:18 PM

20,703 posts, read 19,857,782 times
Of course blocky guys aren't pretty to look at. Or a huge amount of chest hair. Or ... or ...

But a well built man....??? YUMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

WEIRD QUESTION.

Old 10-29-2015, 02:25 PM

4,170 posts, read 6,861,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Because it's an interesting question (inspired by a forum comment about male genitalia, actually). It's mostly the good-looking younger guys who go shirtless in public and (to a lesser extent) use the gym, and as a heterosexual male, I don't pay much attention to male bodies. I want to have a better idea what's out there and what women like and dislike.

Also, attractiveness is mostly objective, and I don't think the other site allows images in its posts (but as I wade through it the posts alas are mostly off-topic).

[snip]
You think most attractiveness is objective? Interesting.

Also, there isn't much of a question to answer. You asked if most younger guys look worse with their clothes off? That isn't a question that has a definitive answer. Mod cut it depends. On a lot of factors.

Any answer anyone gives will be subjective to their own personal bias, culture, preference etc.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-29-2015 at 10:29 PM.. Reason: Reply to comment which has been deleted.

Old 10-29-2015, 02:35 PM

7,292 posts, read 6,880,113 times
Having been in wrestling, and football in school, growing up doing construction, and maintaining jobs that required a great deal of physical activity and strength ,though I was no Charles Atlas , I would say I held pretty good shape for most of my life till I was about 55 ,and a few injuries got the best of me.
Being 65 now it's not so easy to stay in shape but with diet and exercise I hope to improve some.
Being blond my hair doesn't show up like it does on darker haired men ,but I am covered in it.
I imagine that once I do loose weight some areas will sag a bit , such is life .
I never thought of many men as bad looking except if they were at the extremes ,but I think that holds true with women as well.
The ideal in any body, I believe, is one that has earned their solid physique , not merely born to a pleasant silhouette, as soft as cotton ball.
Mere looks are deceptive.

Old 10-29-2015, 04:59 PM

25,722 posts, read 21,885,927 times
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." That really is true. Limiting who you view naked isn't a half bad idea. If you love someone, they'll look good no matter how it is all put together. Only the shallow really care about these things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty