Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 04:40 PM

4,366 posts, read 4,580,574 times

Advertisements

I don't wear makeup for religious and health reasons, but it would probably make me look slightly better, especially a little eyeliner and lip gloss, but I can't bring myself to do it, and I don't want to accidentally apply too much and look weird. I think natural is the way to go for now, but it does make me worry a little over puffy eyes and minor blemishes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2015, 06:20 PM

7,098 posts, read 4,823,070 times
I've worn makeup for a lot of years. Mostly eye makeup because I have blonde lashes and mascara/eyeliner make them a little more visible.

Now that I'm older, I wear a light foundation or bb cream, a light blush, eyeliner and mascara. More or less depending on the time of day and the venue. (IE work, night out, just hanging at home, etc)

But at home it's just me, au naturale, makeup-wise, for the most part.

Old 11-13-2015, 06:23 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,780,306 times
I wear makeup, but it's basic foundation and some light face powder...and then nice shade of lip gloss. I like to keep things at a minimum.

If I'm feeling fancy, I'll add eyeshadow and mascara, but this is usually rare.

I wear makeup b/c it gives my skin a more even tone and appearance. But, I'm easily comfortable going out without any makeup on..

Old 11-13-2015, 06:34 PM

11,053 posts, read 24,031,211 times
What makeup? There's makeup around here? Currently I'm wearing green ink from tattooing bunnies, but that will wear off in a bit.

It's too hot and humid to deal with makeup here.

Old 11-13-2015, 07:01 PM

3,055 posts, read 2,927,349 times
I'd like to not ever wear make-up because it adds time to my morning routine but I only wear a light layer of foundation for two reasons: one it evens out my skin-tone so it doesn't look splotchy, though I'm sure no one would notice if I didn't. Also, if I don't wear any I notice that I tend to get more blemishes; seems like it bars a lot of the dirt in the air from getting to the pores. So just foundation is all I wear. Glad it's just that and nothing more time-consuming!

Old 11-13-2015, 07:51 PM

649 posts, read 570,417 times
I love makeup and don't leave the house without the basics on. For me that's foundation, powder, blush, lip gloss and sometimes mascara. If I'm going somewhere nice I'll put on eyeshadow and eyeliner also. I've had the same makeup routine for about fifteen years so it only takes me about two minutes to apply it. I think I look a lot better with makeup on because it brings some color to my face. I tend to look real washed out without blush and lip gloss on. It also helps me feel more put together and professional. All of my makeup comes from the drug store so it's not very expensive. I like trying new products and I have fun experimenting with different colors and techniques. I don't intend to ever stop wearing it because it makes me feel better about myself.

Old 11-13-2015, 07:52 PM

687 posts, read 616,755 times
Interesting how many people say it causes them to have allergic reactions and skin problems. I don't think it is emphasized enough how careful we should be about any products applied to the body. There was that "scare" over Halloween about face paint containing lead. We think the FDA must be up on keeping dangerous/toxic/unhealthy ingredients out of body products, but it is not so simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
I like how it makes me look. But I always hated the chore of putting in on, and worrying about maintaining it.

But this is in reference to liners, and mascara mostly. Lipstick and blushes are fine. But eyes really complete the look, and lip-liner finishes it off. So it's empty with the full set, imo.

But I have heard of being able to get make-up tattooed and inked into the skin. May be something I do in the future.
What is funny is I feel that way about lipstick but not mascara. There are good mascaras that don't wipe off easy. Yet I hardly wear lip anything since it comes off in 10 minutes; Usually on someone or something else, which is then embarrassing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post
I'd like to not ever wear make-up because it adds time to my morning routine but I only wear a light layer of foundation for two reasons: one it evens out my skin-tone so it doesn't look splotchy, though I'm sure no one would notice if I didn't. Also, if I don't wear any I notice that I tend to get more blemishes; seems like it bars a lot of the dirt in the air from getting to the pores. So just foundation is all I wear. Glad it's just that and nothing more time-consuming!
Why hello, other the-word-Basil-in-their-username.

The only reason I can do it is because I don't go into work until late morning. I can have a lovely morning where I get some chores done, have breakfast, and have a hot cup of coffee while I do hair/make-up. It is a nice routine.

When I was in high school, I had a classmate who aspired to be a model. She was very tall and naturally narrow so she could break into the industry without much trouble, I'm sure. Once she asked if I would accompany her to the ladies room, as was the high school girl companionship custom, and I was the only female in her vicinity at the time. It was pretty awkward for me since that's not something I did and I barely knew her, but as she checked herself in the mirror I asked her how she managed to look so cute every day. If I could get my pants on I felt accomplished that early in the morning. She said she got up at 4 am every day to get ready for school. Even though I wasn't into dressing nice and using makeup then, I admired her for her discipline. Learning that about her stuck with me all these years. She was a nice person, even if a little vain. I wonder what she is doing now...

Old 11-13-2015, 08:06 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,322,930 times
I look great in makeup but rarely make time to do the full face. I go with eye liner. That's about it. I should wear lipstick, though....

Old 11-13-2015, 08:42 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilide View Post
Why do you like to wear makeup/don't like to wear makeup? How do you feel about makeup in general?
I very rarely wear makeup. Like, I can go weeks without wearing anything but lip gloss/stain. If I do wear makeup, and it's just something casual, it's usually mascara, lip gloss and maybe light mineral foundation. On the rarer occasion I will wear eye shadow and eyeliner. For date nights I do all of the above, but even then I keep it pretty simple, and it doesn't take more than 15-20 minutes.

I admire the artistry of those who really know their makeup stuff. I just don't have the time, patience or desire to go full-on with makeup. I'm very happy with how I look without it, but totally love the look when I do wear makeup.

Old 11-13-2015, 08:48 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,641,658 times
Only on rare occasions do I wear makeup. Retired and outside of grocery shopping and visiting friends and holidays in my home have no use for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty