Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 01:28 AM

1,009 posts, read 1,571,613 times

Advertisements

I'm going to bounce off another thread I just read here about a lack of quality clothing.
I am also finding that fabrics have become quite flimsy, and I'm having a difficult time finding jeans because of it.
I'm aging myself here, but when I was younger, we all wore Levi's made of nice denim.
Levi's no longer fit me well (boy has my body changed over the years!) so they're out.

Are there any other brands of jeans that are made of a decent quality of denim, and still under $100?
It would definitely be a plus if they were also a more traditional style jean, not skinny jeans.
I have a rather ample rear already, and I'm too old to highlight that feature.
(Funny story. I was walking my dog, and a young man only saw me from behind. He said "Damn!" But when I turned around and he saw how old I am, he became really apologetic and embarrassed. heeheehee!)

Anyway, back to the jeans... I'd love to hear suggestions of brands and stores, if anybody can help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2015, 12:54 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,260,372 times
Eddie Bauer and Levi make the most durable jeans I know of, but you said Levi is out and I'm not sure if Eddie Bauer makes jeans for women - they probably do though.

Wrangler also makes very durable jeans, but I don't know of anyone that likes their styles.

Old 11-23-2015, 12:56 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,523,736 times
DM watts87 hes the main man when it comes to jeans

I've heard Armani himself is jealous of him

Old 11-23-2015, 01:05 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,385,103 times
None of the major brands are made here any longer so you are overpaying for foreign made.
Or you can buy made in America for about $35 and will outwear the former big name brands, Levis, Wrangler, Lee.

If you don't care about "name" labels these are excellent quality and I buy them local for $35.

100% Made in The USA Jeans - Texas Jeans

Keep Americans working.

Old 11-23-2015, 02:35 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,150,871 times
Lands End has made a push for their newly redesigned jeans. I have bought 4 new pairs of these. My chief complaint is that straight leg jeans in my size (XL or OX) end up hopelessly baggy after a few hours of wearing. And finding narrow legged jeans is hard sometimes in my size range. The LE jeans are fine but honestly the denim in the med blue color is not really beefy. I ordered a pair of wide legged jeans, like old fashioned bell bottoms from the 'seventies, in the dark blue, and that denim was a bit beefier. I like the fit of these jeans very well. Women's Slim Leg Jeans from Lands' End and Women's Mid Rise Trouser Jeans from Lands' End

There are other styles to choose from.

I think you can buy a beefy jean from LL Bean, if memory serves. I don't like the way their pants fit me, but the quality is always good.

Last year I bought a pair of straight legged jeans from Kohl's. They were Chaps brand and I loved that they were gray. They were made of very beefy denim, but the bagginess became a problem. When I wore them all day, I felt like a bag woman. Its the spandex. I think it must be hard to get the stretch most of us want without them going baggy. Lands End seems to have a better handle on this problem, IMO.

Old 11-23-2015, 05:15 PM

50,362 posts, read 63,948,892 times
I am 67, and fairly tall. My current favorite jeans are Lee, and I got them at JC Penney, online. I really don't know how much they cost, but if they had been expensive, I would remember.

Old 11-23-2015, 05:44 PM

347 posts, read 282,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
DM watts87 hes the main man when it comes to jeans

I've heard Armani himself is jealous of him
Haha! You are too kind good sir! If only Armani was jealous of me!

Old 11-23-2015, 05:48 PM

347 posts, read 282,442 times
You could try to check out Silver brand jeans. I've heard a lot of good things about them from various ladies as far as quality and style. They have some nice looking jeans that aren't skinny jeans. However, the price point may be a bit of an issue. I could be wrong but I think they come in around $100.00

I've also heard some good things about Lee jeans lately, and I think they are at a really good price point.

If you can find them at a thrift store, you can still buy some good old-school Levi's 501s with the high quality denim and they're usually at a great price.

Old 11-23-2015, 07:26 PM

2,492 posts, read 3,030,069 times
People may scoff but except for length issues,I'm fond of this season's Vera Wang jeans at Kohls. The dark rinse boot cuts are my favorite.

Old 11-23-2015, 09:09 PM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheotherMarie View Post
I'm going to bounce off another thread I just read here about a lack of quality clothing.
I am also finding that fabrics have become quite flimsy, and I'm having a difficult time finding jeans because of it.
I'm aging myself here, but when I was younger, we all wore Levi's made of nice denim.
Levi's no longer fit me well (boy has my body changed over the years!) so they're out.

Are there any other brands of jeans that are made of a decent quality of denim, and still under $100?
Good grief. Go to the mall. There's a million of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty