Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2015, 01:02 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,856,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb501 View Post
I think I'm going to order one of the ones she was wearing. It's pictured here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...A2KIVYI2Z37MR5. It looks like it comes just above the knee. I think that's work appropriate for most settings, although I normally prefer below the knee. I could probably pull it off with a nice pair of tights underneath.

Let's see:

My measurements are 36 bust, 33 waist (unfortunately, I carry most of my weight in front and my stomach extends about as many inches as my hips), and about 37 hips. I'm 5 feet 6 inches tall. The large size dress is 38.9 inches in length, or 3.3 feet long, probably long enough to reach my knees. Should I order it? I'm afraid my tummy might stick out from the side...
Well, it's not expensive, so at least you won't be out much if it's not flattering from the side. If you have much of a tummy at all, you'll have to wear some kind of shapewear for the dress to look smooth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2015, 01:24 PM

4,366 posts, read 4,576,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
Well, it's not expensive, so at least you won't be out much if it's not flattering from the side. If you have much of a tummy at all, you'll have to wear some kind of shapewear for the dress to look smooth.

That's what I'm afraid of. I was advised to go about two sizes up to compensate for the tummy, but that would mean the dress would be disproportionate to the rest of my body, like bust, hips, and waist. I would have to get it tailored, which would mean a pretty expensive dress overall. I should probably take it out of my shopping bag, but maybe I could get away with it with some serious shapewear and a corset?

Old 11-26-2015, 04:06 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,856,735 times
Quote:
That's what I'm afraid of. I was advised to go about two sizes up to compensate for the tummy, but that would mean the dress would be disproportionate to the rest of my body, like bust, hips, and waist. I would have to get it tailored, which would mean a pretty expensive dress overall. I should probably take it out of my shopping bag, but maybe I could get away with it with some serious shapewear and a corset?
It might be better to look for one that had some reviews about the fit, so you could tell if you should go a size up. I don't think you'd need a corset, a corset can leave a bulge above and below. A high-waisted shaping slip, the kind that starts just below the bra, would probably do the trick without feeling too miserable to wear.

Old 11-26-2015, 07:24 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,645,825 times
This trend is just about one of the silliest things I've come across all year.

Old 11-26-2015, 07:54 PM

4,366 posts, read 4,576,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
This trend is just about one of the silliest things I've come across all year.

Agreed, but it's still a cute dress. It's also cool, because the people at the fashion industry didn't sell it to us the way they usually sell us trends. This dress wasn't discovered by some Hollywood actress...

Old 11-26-2015, 11:25 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,020,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Im kinda liking this little red dress that Yanet Garcia is rocking. She's one of the better dressed meteorologists I've seen in terms of style.
This is not a dress, it's a tunic.

Unfortunately, the dress that is the subject of the thread is out of stock.

Old 11-27-2015, 09:54 AM

37,586 posts, read 45,944,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Im kinda liking this little red dress that Yanet Garcia is rocking. She's one of the better dressed meteorologists I've seen in terms of style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtZtlcMP_5k

This orange one is nice as well. My wife actually has a very similar dress:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzgoQqh9eF0

Here are a few more examples of her style. I really like the horizontal stripes the best though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePG6zUYvUZg
I can't believe a station would even let a person wear such tacky dresses. "Stylish"? LOL! These are trampy.

Old 11-27-2015, 09:57 AM

37,586 posts, read 45,944,432 times
Quote:
Jeez just buy a dress that suits your own shape. Why on earth wear all that uncomfortable crap?

Old 11-27-2015, 10:29 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,852,900 times
Quote:
It may not be your dress. If you are worried about your tummy, skip. This will draw attention.

Old 11-27-2015, 11:30 AM

4,558 posts, read 5,408,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I can't believe a station would even let a person wear such tacky dresses. "Stylish"? LOL! These are trampy.
LOL!! Well, why do you think she is the most popular and beloved meteorologist in all of Mexico? Her station is the highest rated for a reason.

I dont think its "trashy" or "trampy" at all. She's beautiful. Amazing that when a sexy curvy girl wears form fitting clothes people think she's "trashy/trampy" but when an obese person wears fitting clothes they say she's "rocking it" or "working it".

Someone gave me rep points for my post with the vids and said "she is sl*tty looking and not at all to be taken seriously". This rep came at about the same time that Hedgehog_mom and Kmb501 posted here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty