U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 12:35 PM

1,338 posts, read 480,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
I HATE winter with a vengeance and a passion. And it is starting again. I'm an immigrant from a warm country, and I have ZERO tolerance for being cold. The things I wear in winter are wool socks, down or wool coats, and UGGs. I'm not wearing this stuff by choice, but there are some items I actually like:

Patterned wool tights - I don't bother with synthetic tights in winter anymore. No matter how thick they look, nothing beats the warmth and comfort of natural wool.

Love the wool tights where did you get them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2015, 01:13 PM

7,841 posts, read 6,955,163 times
Long down storm coat with hood, lined mittens, hat with ear flaps, insulated boots, snowpants ... pretty much standard winter survival gear among the dog parents at the local dog park.

Old 12-18-2015, 03:05 PM

219 posts, read 89,338 times
Tall boots, warm socks, scarves, sweater tunics

Old Today, 11:09 AM

4,554 posts, read 7,571,975 times
IF, IF, IF it ever gets cold enough because I'm in Southern California where it's still in the 80s in Nov, I like:

- nice sweaters
- jeans
- leather boots (ankle & knee-high)
- leather bag
- maybe a chenille scarf
- nice jewelry

I bought several great sweaters LAST fall & still never got to wear them yet!

Old Today, 11:17 AM

34,811 posts, read 42,955,485 times
I have a lot of cute jackets which I never get to wear in coastal Georgia. On the few cold days we get, I might wear baby wale cords, socks and loafers, and my favorite sapphire blue velvet jacket from Boden.

Old Today, 02:01 PM

18,149 posts, read 3,682,228 times
Tailored wool jackets from Pendleton, wool sweaters, boots, cords or cotton knit pants, knee length wool sweater from AK....lined jackets for cold weather. Also hats, love wearing different styles of wool hats.

Old Today, 02:20 PM

24,822 posts, read 59,851,269 times
A full length black leather duster. It is warm and comfortable and everyone knows it is me from two blocks away.

Old Today, 02:21 PM

13,187 posts, read 17,739,877 times
one of my favorite sweaters is a pull over from woolly threads my sister in law got it for me a while back and it feels like it is an old robe type material and I love it . I bought a bunch of sweaters last year and love em all and now since the weather is cold here I m wearing them . I usually do buy things in the off season when the stores put them on sale . I just found a great pair of sandals at wally world on sale for 5.00 and they are usually 19.99 . My sister in law is an excellent shopper and she can nail the sales let me tell you .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty