U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 04:35 PM

19 posts, read 1,075 times
Default Oprahs bra advise

Has anyone taken Oprahs bra advice? I bought 4 of the bras that she recommended (they are very expensive). I cannot tell you how big of a difference it makes!!! I thought I was a 38 or 40DD....I am really a 36 E (bra expert just looked at me and told me what size I was)! I cant tell you how much better my back feels. No more 50 lb weights hanging from my chest! I could feel the muscles relax as soon as I put them on. I have been wearing them about a month now. My advice....spend the money. Its sooooooo worth it (at least if your back is hurting).

Last edited by KCDS75; 02-03-2008 at 04:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 05:06 AM

1,040 posts, read 2,158,688 times
what kind are they?

Old 02-04-2008, 05:34 AM

10,593 posts, read 21,902,161 times
My fantasy is to have a breast reduction. I want TINY ones, like mosquito bites, at least down to a B cup.

Old 02-04-2008, 06:20 AM

16,237 posts, read 18,713,304 times
I do not have the same problem as you, but my daughter does. She is on a budget and she has had good success with the bras from Lane Bryant..very comfortable with good support.

Old 02-04-2008, 06:40 AM

2,486 posts, read 5,940,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
My fantasy is to have a breast reduction. I want TINY ones, like mosquito bites, at least down to a B cup.
Haaaay I'm a B and they are not mosquito bites! They're more like...swollen ...tarantula bites!

Old 02-04-2008, 09:05 AM

19 posts, read 1,075 times
www.oprah.comI (broken link) think it depends on what size you are, but the ones I got were made by Wacoal. They were $55 each. I couldn\'t believe they cost that much but I was desperate. I have NEVER bought a bra for over $20. I am so happy I spent the money now! I actually bought mine at a department store. The bra expert handed me 3 different bras by 3 diff makers. She told me to try them on, but that the Wacoal bra would fit best. She was completely right! After I tried them on she said that this wacoal bra is their top seller throughout the country because of the fit. I am always skeptical when someone is making money off of me, but she told me to wear each of them for a couple days and If I didnt like them, to bring them back. I would get 100% refund no questions asked.I have looked all over the internet for them and they are $55 everywhere. They make one new color every season and that one will go on sale at the end of the season but it sells out quick.</p>

Old 02-04-2008, 09:10 AM

3,975 posts, read 6,747,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
be careful with that. Ive talked to women that have had that done, and they regretted it. Lost ALL sensation!

Old 02-04-2008, 01:16 PM

8,002 posts, read 12,927,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
Haaaay I'm a B and they are not mosquito bites! They're more like...swollen ...tarantula bites!
Awwww Smerky!! Don't be sad, B's are not mosquito bites!! I think a B is the most perfect size out there!! I wish I was a B

Old 02-05-2008, 10:28 AM

6,866 posts, read 12,470,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblue View Post
be careful with that. Ive talked to women that have had that done, and they regretted it. Lost ALL sensation!
If you get a great surgeon you won't have that problem. Much of that is due to old techniques. Newer techniques avoid various nerve bundles so that you not only do not lose sensation, you also do not lose the ability to breastfeed. Personally, I can't wait to get mine done! I'm a 42F (Triple D) and am anxious to get to a C cup. If it means I lose sensation as opposed to losing the pain in my back, grooves in my shoulders, general humiliation when out, buying clothes, or being naked, then honestly, that's fine with me.

Wacoal bras are just about the best I've ever had. Every once in a while, they will do a seasonal event where you can get a good deal (buy 2 get one half off, etc). I would ask every high-end retailer to put you on their list for stuff like that so you get notified. Most of the time they don't make it public.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:34 AM

2,486 posts, read 5,940,088 times
Ahh there's nothing like a bra-turned-boobie thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty