Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 04:07 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,767,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I understand the need to be comfy sometimes (most of the time!) But is it so hard to get nice flared knit cotton yoga pants and a properly fitting knit tee shirt? That's what I wear when I need to be out but have to be super comfy.

Wearing balloony clown pants or pjs with cartoons or crazy prints with a sleep shirt and slippers is just ugh. I respect others rights to do as they please, and I am also entitled to my personal opinion. I feel that dressing that way shows no respect for oneself.

By the way, I don't think it is any big deal for those who needed to just jump in the car and take kids to school, or go out to the mailbox, etc. I am talking about those who roll out of bed and do NOTHING to groom themselves and then run errands like shopping, the doctor, bank, etc.
Yoga pants are literally skin tight.

Balloony pants are not skin tight.

Most people who wear yoga pants ...should not. Balloony pants would be a much better sight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2015, 04:11 PM

22,587 posts, read 47,660,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I understand the need to be comfy sometimes (most of the time!) But is it so hard to get nice flared knit cotton yoga pants and a properly fitting knit tee shirt? That's what I wear when I need to be out but have to be super comfy.

Wearing balloony clown pants or pjs with cartoons or crazy prints with a sleep shirt and slippers is just ugh. I respect others rights to do as they please, and I am also entitled to my personal opinion. I feel that dressing that way shows no respect for oneself.
LOL! That is how I feel about dressing in yoga pants (except when you are actually practicing yoga, that is!).

I would much rather see loose than stretched to the max....
Plus you don't get to see the color of panties in looser pants, as you often do with yoga pants.

Old 12-10-2015, 06:51 PM

8,070 posts, read 4,744,624 times
The bedroom slippers can and are a hazard if these people decide to drive. An employee at the Home Depot near my house got run over in the parking lot by some lady whose bedroom slipper 'slipped' and caused her to hit the gas rather than the brake (well, that's what she told the cops). She broke his arm. I hope there are proper footwear regulations for driving, just to stop fools like that from causing situations like that where an innocent bystander is forced to miss work because of someone else's poor life choices.

Old 12-10-2015, 06:59 PM

833 posts, read 657,431 times
Glad they go out in pajamas. Better something than nothing

Old 12-11-2015, 12:03 AM

4,326 posts, read 1,261,439 times
Seriously, I saw a guy wearing nothing but boxers and socks to check the mail one day. I guess some people don't care about appearance anymore.

Last edited by JayInCA; 12-11-2015 at 12:15 AM..

Old 12-11-2015, 07:00 PM

8,070 posts, read 4,744,624 times
I dunno, I think people who wear such things just to get the mail or taking the dog out to poop are forgivable, since they're not planning on staying outside for any length of time. What I can't get past are people who purposely leave their homes to shop, to visit a coffee shop or a burger joint, or just to do their usual errands while wearing pajamas, bunny slippers, etc. as if everything is normal. It's two different things to me.

Old 12-11-2015, 07:13 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,305,849 times
I can't believe people actually waste time fretting, worrying, or even noticing such things! There are more important things, folks!

Old 12-12-2015, 02:44 AM

706 posts, read 1,179,991 times
Laziness for sure....but hey, whatever. Live and let live.

Old 12-13-2015, 12:21 AM

3,631 posts, read 7,670,748 times
I don't really ever do it myself but I don't have a problem with people wearing PJ pants in public.
As long as nothing is hanging out, I don't see how it really matters.I've seen people out in public in bathrobes as well, which is borderline ridiculous IMHO but whatever.

Old 12-13-2015, 02:40 AM

715 posts, read 1,073,681 times
I've asked my son and some his friends about it since I've only mainly seen college kids do it on campus at one point. They said anything from running late for class to lazy to needing to do the laundry to a long road trip home. Most of it is fairly reasonable for the "poor college student" experience. Very odd, but I understand the microcosm of college campus life.

I look at it as one of those trends that started in one place for a particular reason that should have stayed and died in that same place. Thankfully, I haven't seen it in a long while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty