Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2015, 04:38 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elusive Enchantment View Post
Hi all,

Thought this might be a good place to post my concerns regarding my fashion wardrobe that is simply too big to handle.

Today I decided to do an evaluation of my summer and winter clothes...2 hours later I think I cleared out a quarter of my closet to donate. My dilemma is that I STILL do not have enough room for the rest of the clothes I want to keep! I have resulted to storing skirts and jeans in my dresser drawer because hanging them would make my closet even more bulkier.

Any helpful solutions? Bear in mind that my closet is extremely small. Should I resort to donating more items despite me getting use out of them?

Thanks a ton!
I have storage issues too, but also like buying too much. How much do you like the items. I have clothes that have faded or a not in the best shape I keep in storage container to use when I am painting. There are some pieces I rarely wear, but really like and want to keep. It would be idea to have a walk in closet ... but not always possible (in my case .. not any time soon). If these items do not fit or are really things you will never wear ... then donate. I have heard of this cool idea called clothing swaps where groups of people get together an swap stuff. Never tried it, but seems like fun. I know personally I have way more stuff then I need and am trying like you to get ride of some stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2015, 04:45 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
What about putting in a second rod in your closet? If you have mostly jackets, skirts and blouses, you can have two tiers. The few longer items you have (dresses, a coat or two) you can hang on the inside of the closet door, on hooks. Does your apartment have a coat closet by the front door? Use that for long items.

Old 12-20-2015, 07:35 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,785,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BATCAT View Post
Have you see those multi-tiered pants hangers? Those can save a lot of space.

Like others earlier in this thread, I also suggest seasonal storage. Garment bags on the back of a bedroom or closet door are a good spot if you're really pressed for space.
Agree!! I have multi-tiered all my tops, skirts, etc. - you can get the hangers, also - when you buy something, they often ask if you want the hanger, they often times have a little thing in front to attach another hanger - I always keep them (you can give away if you end up w/too many) - I also pack up out of season clothes, I do keep transition clothes out but obviously seasonal things are packed in plastic tubs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty