Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 08:33 AM

620 posts, read 634,967 times

Advertisements

Glad to see there's so much compassion and empathy in the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2015, 08:52 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,104,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yandex View Post
Glad to see there's so much compassion and empathy in the world.
I think it behooves everyone to be more conscious of how they smell. Incense and patchouli and BO and smoke and most essential oils wafting off people makes my head hurt.

If people choose to wear fragrances or fragranced products (detergents/fabric softners, etc), they have to be very aware of how much...stuff they're putting out there.

Unscented lotions, etc, for me. Too many scents upon scents upon scents doesn't smell good anyway.

Old 12-21-2015, 09:24 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,749,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
That's correct!

Some who wear fragrances are claiming they're the "victim!" by being told what they can and cannot do in public. It's not about 'rights', it's about being considerate of others and not expecting them to deal with their infirmities no matter what.

Kudos to those who have empathy and compassion.
This sounds like the ones claiming the smokers are indeed victims when having their public smoking options limited due to what we found over the last 30 years with smoking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I think it behooves everyone to be more conscious of how they smell. Incense and patchouli and BO and smoke and most essential oils wafting off people makes my head hurt.

If people choose to wear fragrances or fragranced products (detergents/fabric softners, etc), they have to be very aware of how much...stuff they're putting out there.

Unscented lotions, etc, for me. Too many scents upon scents upon scents doesn't smell good anyway.
I agree learn what works. Go to stores that allow for trials and see if it works with your body. If you don't like the smell, it won't work at all. You can also learn if the scent is strong or light and if you have to cut it back or not.

Old 12-21-2015, 09:25 AM

774 posts, read 739,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Do you wear fragrance every day, or just for special occasions? If every day, is it the same fragrance or do you like a variety? Do you consider some to be "daytime" and some to be more formal, evening wear?

I used to wear Beautiful, but, after several years decided time for a change. so, I've been using Daisy---just the thing for a 60+ old lady? Well, hey, I like it!

So, ladies, how, when and where do we wear our perfume?

I never wear perfume at my office and I wear unscented deodorant. The smell lingers in conference rooms, elevators etc. Also, there are far too many people with allergies both employees and clients to allow it in the office. Some people have no idea what the phrase " in moderation" means.

Old 12-21-2015, 09:29 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,303,427 times
I don't wear fragrances, but I'm starting to. Usually I'll spray some Victoria's Secret Love Spell (the body spray) on before I leave. It wears off very quickly.

I'm getting Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb for Christmas and I plan on wearing it daily. I also like YSL's Black Opium.

I work with the public and sometimes clients who use tobacco. The smell makes me nauseated. This also goes for that vape stuff. Unless your standing very close to me, you cannot smell me.

Old 12-21-2015, 09:31 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,000,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
I don't wear fragrances, but I'm starting to. Usually I'll spray some Victoria's Secret Love Spell (the body spray) on before I leave. It wears off very quickly.

I'm getting Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb for Christmas and I plan on wearing it daily. I also like YSL's Black Opium.

I work with the public and sometimes clients who use tobacco. The smell makes me nauseated. This also goes for that vape stuff. Unless your standing very close to me, you cannot smell me.
Thank you for not wearing the type of fragrance that enters the room before you do!

Old 12-21-2015, 09:31 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,104,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspistol View Post
I e. Some people have no idea what the phrase " in moderation" means.
This is more of the problem.

Old 12-21-2015, 10:57 AM

404 posts, read 1,240,031 times
I've always loved perfume but alas, I'm another one who, in recent years, has become extremely allergic, probably due to the added chemicals. I don't attend concerts as I disrupt the audience with my choking - solved it by having a front row seat on YouTube instead, lol. It is my problem and I would never, ever, ask anyone not to wear a fragrance.

A little off topic but more than anything I think I'm allergic to and sick of all the gripers out there who are determined to make issues about anything and everything. A few years ago, I was enjoying sunset on the beach in Mexico, and some new arrivals, enthralled with the whole scene came and sat at a table a good distance away. They were so excited to be there - friendly, happy and smiling at everyone, including us. Oh no, someone that was sitting with us, got up, walked over to their table and began admonishing them for smoking. Wow, I felt horrible - the cigarettes were bothering no one, there was a nice breeze blowing and if there had really been a problem, we could have easily moved. The person who did it was a power monger who felt smug superiority after embarrassing them; she was also a former chain smoker.

Old 12-21-2015, 11:06 AM

19,335 posts, read 9,416,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspistol View Post
I never wear perfume at my office and I wear unscented deodorant. The smell lingers in conference rooms, elevators etc. Also, there are far too many people with allergies both employees and clients to allow it in the office. Some people have no idea what the phrase " in moderation" means.
There are definitely signs you know when your co-worker is there that day - for those that wear, douse, perhaps, bathe in their favorite perfume/cologne. :P

Old 12-21-2015, 11:46 AM

1,330 posts, read 1,529,118 times
I have a tiny sample bottle of Fresh Cannabis Santal that I only wear when I go out - it's still about 1/3 full after about 4 years LOL (I only do one spritz on my wrist and use my wrist to distribute behind my ears)

Other than that, everything else is unscented (lotion, deodorant, hair products whenever I can get 'em). I cannot stand the chemically manufactured fragrance smells.....wayyy too strong and overpowering.

I have a weekend side job at a home improvement store. One of the managers walks around all day effing REEKING of man cologne, along with his starched shirt and jeans (a God's gift to women type). Ugh....in a freakin' big box store??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty