Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 05:44 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,606,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blingding View Post
Oh I have more than enough curves...which is why I don't like them, actually. I am a modest dresser, preferring sleek, classic lines to miles of curving highways. I can see why some people like them for just that reason, but really they are not made for all shapes and not everyone looks good in them, myself included. Camel toe is not my friend.
If you're getting camel toe you need a different pair and/or a different size.

Granted, it's been six months since I last bought jeans but then they still made all the normal styles in addition to the jeggings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2015, 06:15 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,383,433 times
Wear men's Levi's 100% cotton jeans. They don't have any stretchy fabric.

Old 12-24-2015, 06:39 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,191,388 times
Quote:
Decided to go shopping for jeans the other day and everywhere I went, the bluejeans were all made in tight, stretchy fabric that didn't even mildly resemble the denim I know and love! I usually buy Lucky brand but even the ones I found at Macy's were more like leggings than actual jeans. I went to several stores and even tried on some of these stretchy "jeans", which will probably keep me from ever enjoying another regular meal again Is this trend going to permanently replace regular denim? If so, I have bought my very last pair. It will be skirts from now on. Someone please tell me this was just a really bad day of shopping and not the death of denim!
Sounds a lot like the past:

"OO La La Sassoon"

OR

"Sergio Valente Jeans"

I wear Levi's 505's and sometimes 501's.

Old 12-24-2015, 06:55 PM

7,682 posts, read 1,270,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Where to find plain old fashioned denim jeans (at least, around here):
Costco
Sam's Club
Walmart
Tractor Supply
Big R stores
Big Bear Sports
Scheels
Cabela's
I would add to this list:

L. L. Bean
Eddie Bauer (can be found in Sears)
Also try K-mart

If you want to INVESTMENT in a pair of jeans try this place:
» Jeans | HARDENCO

Old 12-24-2015, 07:05 PM

753 posts, read 1,103,864 times
Heh, by coincidence I was at Walmart shopping for jeans earlier today. My pet peeves:

(1) They had about 5000 styles of "skinny" jeans. My legs are not "skinny".
(2) They had about 5000 styles of jeans cut like bikinis instead of with a natural waist. I do not have the kind of tummy or hips that look or feel good with pants cut that way.
(3) They had one style of traditional-cut Riders jeans. They didn't have any left in my size.

Old 12-24-2015, 07:14 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,139,268 times
I think stretchy jean fabric is the jean makers' response to fatty folk Americans' habit of wearing sloppy but comfortable clothing everywhere such as sweatpants, yoga pants, pajamas, basketball shorts etc. Several styles of levis have even adapted this new type of "denim". I think jean makers noticed the reduction in formality by consumers in favor of cheap, flimsy, sloppy materials that move with you and offer constant comfort. And now jean makers are competing for the more slovenly consumers of these products.

Last edited by soletaire; 12-24-2015 at 07:23 PM..

Old 12-24-2015, 08:38 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,609,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Stretchy jeans are taking over right now. Frankly I love them. Love of these types of jeans depends on your shape. If you do not have curves you likely will not appricate that the strechy fabic fits like a glove. I hate the other types of classis material as it either fits too big or I am going the good old lying down pulling the zipper up all my strength to squeeze the hips and butt in. Also I love them because they are crazy comfortable. I could even work out in them (I wouldn't ... but I could ).
I have LOTS of curves along with bumps and rolls.....NOBODY and I mean NOBODY needs or wants to see all that in stretchy skinny jeans.....And this chick ain't sliding those suckers up my hips. I may never get the damn things off! I like my skin to be able to breath....oh and I like breathing as well.

Old 12-24-2015, 10:27 PM

37,588 posts, read 45,944,432 times
Quote:
Oh I have more than enough curves...which is why I don't like them, actually. I am a modest dresser, preferring sleek, classic lines to miles of curving highways. I can see why some people like them for just that reason, but really they are not made for all shapes and not everyone looks good in them, myself included. Camel toe is not my friend.
Exactly. I see so many large women in these tight stretchy jean-like pants, and they look horrible. I think they assume that if they can pull them up and fasten them, then they must fit!

Old 12-24-2015, 11:17 PM

22,445 posts, read 11,969,169 times
I second LL Bean! These days they're the only brand I will buy. They offer different types, like relaxed fit, for example. Also, for the winter, they have flannel-lined jeans---which are great when it's cold outside.

Old 12-25-2015, 12:15 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,122,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
I still wear Levi 501's.
I still wear a handful of Levis as well (the ones still made in America). I also wear Diesel jeans. They're still the same quality and fit as they always have been.

I wonder if the OP is saying that the same model jeans she wore years ago has changed in material and quality... or whether he/she's trying a new pair/brand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty