Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 03:47 AM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR2012 View Post
I completely agree with you guys! Seems like for years now it's all just "skinny stretch" why oh why! Don't they know most of us hate this crappy trend! I can wear them fine and I gave in but the stretch and I have to pull them up all day, they lose their shape. And no I can't go smaller cause I have thick calves, big knees, but my waist and upper part is smaller so I can't change size. I HATE these jeans! I used to love jeans and they were most comfortable, as I could find denim that wasn't "thick" and as others said, constrictive feeling. Now it's too tight, too thick feeling. I see young girls wearing pants, even the yoga/legging pants that are painted-on tight - how the heck do they do that, I can't stand wearing pants that are skin tight. Esp jeans. I've always LOVED jeans and I'm 39.... when I was 21-25 I would find denim that was just a touch lose but thinner material but they LASTED and they were SO comfortable! No more. And I'm short, 5 feet, 1 inch so I can't do high waist or normal really, I like low waisted.

I don't like yoga pants either, so I started going for cargo type pants, but even those are in short supply anymore. I don't know what to even put on the lower half of my body anymore. It's said when dress pants/office wear is the most comfortable thing I can find! I have a pair of levi's but they are so thick, the denim, they aren't that comfortable unless it's winter and here in AZ that doesn't last long.

You men are lucky. Women's fashion is just STUPID.
we men are lucky???

no we just aren't overly anal about details,,, I don't even know what high or low waisted means
I don't know the difference between cargo and yoga pants

ive worn jeans for over 40 years,,,and ive g0t a few pair
if I can snap the waist im good

I don't want tight,,,i don't want too loose but that's what a belt is for..

no we men don't have it easier,,, we just don't trip over little stupid details
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2016, 04:08 AM

569 posts, read 551,765 times
The people these days wear the tight clothes. I wear them, too. It is because everytime I wear the loosen clothes, my shape gets loose, too.

I'm a 36 year old guy, so I don't need to be worrying targeting by the perverts now.

EDIT: And I make myself different from the local populations here. Since everybody is insane, so me in the slim-fits, why not?

I hope I did not disgust you.

Afterall, the obesity is very hazardous. As you know, a lot of self-appointed authorities in here.... are ...errrr.... too loose.

Last edited by CPPU12345; 05-05-2016 at 04:21 AM..

Old 05-06-2016, 03:31 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
The skinny jean style still won't die. I'm technically underweight for my height, but because I have hips, skinny jeans make me look like a pudgy circle.

Old 05-07-2016, 03:17 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shopalcholic View Post
Try Cosctos or Sears .
Kohl's too (if you can find stuff there...) But it's not like jeans are gone for women. Some just chose leggings or legging like pants. As for the type of jeans, it's all about style. I don't think many people are clammering for bell bottoms like they did in the 70's or high waists like in the 80's...

Old 05-29-2016, 07:21 AM

1,484 posts, read 2,258,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
we men are lucky???

no we just aren't overly anal about details,,, I don't even know what high or low waisted means

Hey, I don't want to but we HAVE TO because they make us. They don't offer us jeans or any clothes without stupid details! Ever thought of that!!

Old 05-29-2016, 07:22 AM

1,484 posts, read 2,258,134 times
I would love to try Costco but they don't have a fitting room. I hate the idea of taking them home, then having to return. And repeat. Cause that's what'll happen.

Old 05-29-2016, 08:12 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,046,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
we men are lucky???

Yep!

Old 05-29-2016, 12:34 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,208,790 times
I tried a couple different brands of the mens version of these jeans on at urban oufitters. LOLOL

I am far from fat, wear 31 or 32 pant waist, 32 or 33 length, 23 BMI. Even a 34 pant waist was comically tight in the groin. The only way a man can wear these is if he is neutered or anorexic

Old 05-30-2016, 11:38 AM

1,386 posts, read 998,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
I still wear Levi 501's.

I've been threatening my wife I'm gonna lose some weight and start wearing the acid wash guess jeans from the 80's I had when we first started dating.
I'd love to wear 501s...however, I'm cursed with bicyclist's thighs and the thighs in 501s are just too tight. I love the button-fly though.

Actually, I gave up on Levis altogether. I used to think it was un-American to wear any jeans BUT Levis. But I swore off them after going to Kohl's last week and not being to find ANY Levis that fit me. Out of the 8 different styles they had, either were a bit too big, or a bit too small. A bit too long, or a bit too short.

I tried one pair of Lee jeans on and they fit perfectly.

--

Old 05-31-2016, 02:23 AM

1,485 posts, read 953,788 times
I remember as a teen into my early 20's in the late 80's, I could go into 'The Gap' store at the mall and buy Lee and Levis jeans and jean jackets that actually fit. Then go to Wilson's and get a leather jacket. Now I can't even find that stuff anymore. When I do find a Levis jean jacket the shoulders sag way down my arms. I'm not into oversized, slouchy clothing.
Fast forward to my 40's. I'm in the security industry and adopted wearing tactical clothing off duty as well as on duty.
So when I was a teenager into my 20's everyone thought I was in a hair metal band. Now in my 40's I get told I look like an off-duty cop. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty