Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 12:10 PM

1,748 posts, read 1,288,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
LOL I remember when I was 18 I spend £350 on a Burberry duffel coat, I thought I looked great and then the very first night I wore it I saw 2 others in the same pub wearing it!!!! LOL
LMAO!

I don't recall if there were, when I was younger it would be embarassing and pissing if I found myself clashing clothes with others on the streets... Now with all the same stores big or small all around the world, eg. H&M, Zara etc. its not uncommon to spot an army with identical clothings anywhere you look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 12:39 PM

14,229 posts, read 29,928,887 times
Yep! I laughed and went up to the woman and told her she had great taste in clothing!

Old 01-25-2017, 06:03 PM

30,585 posts, read 24,968,193 times
I have occasionally recognized a garment on someone as identical to mine. But more often, after looking at a place Kohl's or Macy's, I'll recognize a garment as having come from one of those places.

The last garment of mine that I recognized was black and white paisley shirt I bought in 2010. I saw it on someone last year, and noted that mine looked in better shape. Before that I recognized a pair of Danskos on someone in a restaurant. I was happy I was not wearing mine at the time.

Old 01-25-2017, 06:35 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,324,511 times
I only bought a dress from a catalog once (years ago). It was a pink dress with dime size white polka dots. I loved that dress. Wore it to a Sunday School class where we all sat around in a circle. I looked directly across the circle and there was this young woman with the exact same dress, same color. During the whole hour and a half class, we had to look at each other. She didn't say anything and I didn't either. Never bought anything from that catalog again and never wore the dress to church again!

Old 01-26-2017, 02:01 PM

1,478 posts, read 1,501,751 times
Around thanksgiving, I was out shopping with my teenager and we realized the lady in front of us in line had literally the exact same outfit on as me. Same hoodie from Target, same black leggings, same brown knit Uggs, we both even had ponytails! That was pretty hilarious.

Old 01-26-2017, 04:31 PM

2,790 posts, read 1,630,990 times
I once worked at a clothing store and the manager and I both showed up wearing the same dress to work that day. We tried to stay on opposite ends of the store, but I overheard a few customers laughing about it.

Old 01-26-2017, 04:37 PM

13,259 posts, read 8,352,884 times
we call it- Did you get the memo too! ?

When two ppl show up in the same attire.

But then we are in a field that requires uniforms so yup, we have limited choices ...

Old 01-26-2017, 05:42 PM

15,488 posts, read 15,475,204 times
Once!

When I was still in my teens, I was invited to a very adult dinner party which was somewhat celebrity-oriented. I was wearing something I thought was very chic, although it was rather inexpensive. Imagine my surprise when the wife of a prominent movie director showed up in the same dress! Different color, though. I was delighted, although I'm sure she wasn't.

Old 02-02-2017, 02:08 AM

1,020 posts, read 803,172 times
Once, in the 80's. It was memorable b/c it was a very unusual, bold 'statement' top. It was from Spiegel, mostly canary yellow, color blocked of course (it was the 80s after all), with a bold emerald green stripe & 1 geometric black dot. It was a very unusual top in an unusual color, that not too many women wear. I went to a Xmas party & another one of the guests, one of the few I didn't know, was wearing the exact same top. It was pretty funny, tho' I think we were both secretly mortified, all we could do is laugh & say we both had excellent taste. There was no way anyone could not notice given the bright colors. What was even funnier is that after the hosts introduced us, it turned out we both had eastern European heritage. I was kind still kind of upset though & this woman was probably 20 yrs older than me.

More recently, while this wasn't the same outfit, I did have an odd experience of my extended family all joining at my parents house from 3 different states. Parents wanted a group photo of us all. So we all get dressed to go get a portrait done. Nobody discussed outfits at all, as this was a last minute request & pretty casual. 8 different people wound up in that group photo wearing only 3 colors - mint green, slate blue or lilac or a combination thereof. What are the odds? It was a sea of soft pastels & the photo turned out really well. We couldn't have planned that, if we'd tried!

Old 02-02-2017, 06:56 AM

4,842 posts, read 3,612,606 times
Never. Sometimes they may have the same elements such as jeans/boots turtleneck blazer, but not the same outfit. I typically wear separates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty