Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 04:59 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,118,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Starving legs doesn't look all that sexy, imo.
I recently dated a woman who self describes as "rail thin." She was easy to spot when we met at a restaurant for our first date, even knowing she was a redhead. She had "it" and she looked anorexic, she even commented, "I'm not anorexic." Okay she could have fooled me. As it turned out we didn't date again so this is a self-solving problem (for me).

I just don't see it as some sort of thing worth having. I'll be satisfied with a woman's appearance if she takes care of her health and is into physical fitness, same as I.

Wow, we have a topic about this? It seems some people have too much time on their hands. Okay I'm reading the F&B section, must have a lot of my own time! ... But enjoying it!

Old 06-17-2018, 05:14 PM

19,427 posts, read 15,236,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
I recently dated a woman who self describes as "rail thin." She was easy to spot when we met at a restaurant for our first date, even knowing she was a redhead. She had "it" and she looked anorexic, she even commented, "I'm not anorexic." Okay she could have fooled me. As it turned out we didn't date again so this is a self-solving problem (for me).
I remember reading an interview with Cameron Diaz where she talked about how she always wished she were more voluptuous and envied women who were. I can't imagine how many women on the planet wish they looked like Cameron, tall and thin, and here she is wishing she looked the opposite. I guess she came to terms with it and accepted her form. But that's just so funny to me. People really need to stop beating themselves up and accept what/who they are. Just be grateful for whatever you do have.

Old 06-17-2018, 06:39 PM

To be honest I would have rather never have discussed the subject with her. She brought it up, not me. I would never bring up appearance on a date. Actually her appearance would have been fine with me but we didn't get along on a temperamental level, so we quit dating.

Old 06-17-2018, 11:43 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Rose View Post
That's incorrect. You can have muscular legs and still have a large thigh gap. That's just an excuse that people make for having large thighs.
And you can have slim legs and no thigh gap. It is all about hip width and where your leg sockets are.

Old 06-20-2018, 07:53 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,121,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
And you can have slim legs and no thigh gap. It is all about hip width and where your leg sockets are.
Yes, this^^^. "Thigh gaps" have zero to do with thigh size. This whole issue is completely stupid. Who in the hell does a "thigh gap" matter to anyway? It's just about the last thing on my husband's list as to what he finds attractive.

Old 06-20-2018, 03:10 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Yes, this^^^. "Thigh gaps" have zero to do with thigh size. This whole issue is completely stupid. Who in the hell does a "thigh gap" matter to anyway? It's just about the last thing on my husband's list as to what he finds attractive.
I just like to go ahead and co-opt a phrase I have seen on social media:
#thickthighssavelives

LOL. (Not saying you have thick thighs gypsychic, I do though)

But usually I find that when it gets down to it, your partner is way more excited about seeing your whole leg and what's between them than any sort of gap or lack thereof.

Old 06-20-2018, 06:37 PM

I hope this comment won't go awry, but after seeing a pronounced case of "thigh gap" I'd rather not see that again. I prefer women who have healthy thighs that tempt me to touch them, not skinny or fat or otherwise nontypical thighs.

My main standard is physical fitness, and IMO you can get that by proper diet and exercise. I bet 95% of us could become physically fit if we all simply spent the time to do so. I'm no Adonis but it's slowly coming true for me. All of us with our basic physical health intact can work out at the gym if we really want to, and with sufficient work can get ourselves in good enough shape to be regarded as attractive by our gender counterparts.

Old 06-22-2018, 11:09 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,585,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Exactly. It's a bone structure thing. I have never had thigh gap, and I used to weigh 103 lbs. and wear a size two. I think that was safely out of "thunder thigh" territory.

Old 11-05-2021, 01:23 PM

2,867 posts, read 1,540,646 times
I'd say many, if not most, people who have "thigh gap" are underweight and it's not a natural or healthy look. That is just my opinion.

Old 11-11-2021, 01:26 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
This thread is from 2015. Beauty standards have changed to other body parts now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty