Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 07:10 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,191,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyn7cyn View Post
You made me gasp with that one, are you serious? That's definitely Jersey Shore style,even Myrtle Beach is doing MK' s.
It's nice. But the purses I see that are MK are over 100 dollars. Which I don't pay for just 1 purse. For that kind of money, I expect to get a few purses.

I like DxB myself. But again, very expensive, which keeps me from buying it. I don't have the money to spend 50+ dollars on name-brand stuff. I saw a few nice D+B purses.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Q3EKL9C/...188d060fa302_S
But this is nice. A neutral color like white, black, or even tan. And you're golden. But for 100+ dollars, that killed it.

The purse I have, I found cute, and it was a good price.
I do plan to get a more toned-down purse. But I want one for a decent price. 100+ dollars for 1 purse, to me, is not decent.

I don't spend large amounts of money on just 1 thing expect once every blue moon. So a nice purse for less than $50.00 is good for me.

Last edited by HappyRain; 01-01-2016 at 07:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2016, 10:24 PM

2,492 posts, read 3,030,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
It's nice. But the purses I see that are MK are over 100 dollars. Which I don't pay for just 1 purse. For that kind of money, I expect to get a few purses.

I like DxB myself. But again, very expensive, which keeps me from buying it. I don't have the money to spend 50+ dollars on name-brand stuff. I saw a few nice D+B purses.
Robot Check
But this is nice. A neutral color like white, black, or even tan. And you're golden. But for 100+ dollars, that killed it.

The purse I have, I found cute, and it was a good price.
I do plan to get a more toned-down purse. But I want one for a decent price. 100+ dollars for 1 purse, to me, is not decent.

I don't spend large amounts of money on just 1 thing expect once every blue moon. So a nice purse for less than $50.00 is good for me.

You missed the intent of my post. I don't have $200 to spend on a purse either but there's a large swath of difference between a mid level designer bag at Kohls,a Verona Target purse then that tacky gaudy carnival booth gear. I just went to the fair in October,they were there along with their denim side parts. I'm just not buying that anyone who is looking for a classic adult purse ever picks that one,even in opposition. C'mon....

Old 01-02-2016, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyn7cyn View Post
You missed the intent of my post. I don't have $200 to spend on a purse either but there's a large swath of difference between a mid level designer bag at Kohls,a Verona Target purse then that tacky gaudy carnival booth gear. I just went to the fair in October,they were there along with their denim side parts. I'm just not buying that anyone who is looking for a classic adult purse ever picks that one,even in opposition. C'mon....
Everyone's taste varies. It's like if you hear someone listening to a rap song that has tons of swearing, and automatically assume that's all they listen to, and that they have no classical music taste either. A purse is like anything else. You can like a variety, from simple, to classic, to gaudy. It's that way with food, music, clothes. 1 poster says hello kitty isn't adult, and thus you shouldn't be wearing it, along with mini-skirts. Another poster in their 30s commented they wear Hello-Kitty with jeans, no problem, and don't see one. And they also see no issues with a mini-skirt. But they do still wear other things as well.

I have heard some who say MK looks tacky, and they wouldn't spend any money on anything MK. Yet many people love it. I liked the purse my cousin got, that was MK. My mother and grandmother aren't impressed with MK.

But, you're free to think what you'd like. No harm no foul.

Last edited by HappyRain; 01-02-2016 at 09:41 AM..

Old 01-02-2016, 08:49 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,292,312 times
I think I'm Benjamin Button.

In the 80s when I was a secretary out of high school, I wore pencil skirts, pumps, stockings, standard ruffled blouses. It was considered too casual to even wear open toed shoes, let alone go w/o stockings.

I wore suits for most of my professional life. Now if I do, I'm overdressed. Like others mentioned, my CEO wears a button down shirt w/o tie and jacket.

When I'm not in the office, I'm becoming more free about my choices. I've gotten some t-shirts with stuff printed on them (oh, the horror!).

On another topic, why the ban on miniskirts mentioned on Page 1? I wear them constantly in summer. They look nicer than shorts.

Old 01-02-2016, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagineAA View Post
I think I'm Benjamin Button.

In the 80s when I was a secretary out of high school, I wore pencil skirts, pumps, stockings, standard ruffled blouses. It was considered too casual to even wear open toed shoes, let alone go w/o stockings.

I wore suits for most of my professional life. Now if I do, I'm overdressed. Like others mentioned, my CEO wears a button down shirt w/o tie and jacket.

When I'm not in the office, I'm becoming more free about my choices. I've gotten some t-shirts with stuff printed on them (oh, the horror!).

On another topic, why the ban on miniskirts mentioned on Page 1? I wear them constantly in summer. They look nicer than shorts.
I do too. Just not out. I have my clothes separated into categories. There's house clothes. Clothes that for for the house only that I lounge around in. Those tend to be in drawers in my dresser. Then my closet has the stuff I would actually wear outside of the home. Some of it's more casual. Some of it is more dressy.

I think it's like what most say. It's more about dressing to an occasion and having variety for that.

If you wanna go clubbing one night, surely you wouldn't go dressed like you're going to court. And the reverse, if you're working, you don't wanna be dressed like you should be at the club.

I think of Pam on Martin. Here's what she's wearing to a black-tie dinner.
http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/silve...38299_1000.png
Cute outfit. But not for a formal affair. lol

Far as mini-skirts. I think some see them as not adult because it's too revealing, like what HS girls would wear to get attention from the boys. I don't agree, but it's a possibility on why some are soured on mini-skirts.

Last edited by HappyRain; 01-02-2016 at 10:19 PM..

Old 01-03-2016, 12:25 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,685,511 times
Dressing like an adult means choosing to wear whatever you want to wear and respecting other people's right to do the same.

Old 01-04-2016, 01:25 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,823,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
Dressing like an adult means choosing to wear whatever you want to wear and respecting other people's right to do the same.
Ahhh...the most grown up thing I've read in this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty