Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 07:00 PM

5,835 posts, read 5,203,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedgurl View Post
Thanks for the recommendation. My eyes, for some odd reason, get watery very easily, so unless I have waterproof, I can look quite frightening by the end of the day. And of course, I can't stand the clumped up look. My lashes are naturally long, so it looks much more obvious and ridiculous. I will give this one a try!
My eyes began watering alot too the last few years and after going to an optomotrist for an eye exam I was told I have dry eye. Your tears tucks water to make up for the dryness. The best thing to do is get eye drops meant to add tears and moisturize. Try it. Just what we need right...worry about moisturizing our eyes! I really couldn't believe how long my lashes were with only one application!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2008, 07:03 PM

Any other questions I can answer will be my pleasure. I currently work in a natural health store in their beauty department including make-up but my backround for the last 30 years has been a hairdresser and make-up artist for Chanel, Lancome, Shisedo, Christian Dior and Prescriptives along with doing print ads. I weave (highlight) and cut my own hair as well and am a haircare junkie, I admit.

Old 02-09-2008, 10:02 AM

Hi Anifani821,Kshe95girl, Browneyedgurl, and Tajasmi. How did you all like the Revlon mascara I suggested?

Old 02-09-2008, 05:14 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puffle View Post
Hi Anifani821,Kshe95girl, Browneyedgurl, and Tajasmi. How did you all like the Revlon mascara I suggested?
I really liked it, Puffle, but my droopy lashes were worse than when i used Loreal Lash Out..... I swear, I am thinking about going back to wearing false lashes...... the Revlon is a good product, dont get me wrong, its just the droopy lash thing is driving me crazy!

Old 02-09-2008, 06:11 PM

134 posts, read 495,387 times
Hi Puffle...thanks for the info. I went out and bought the 3D mascara. I got some bad clumps. Should I "wipe" the brush on the outside of the top of the tube? It seems like there is way too much mascara on the brush. Thanks.

Joyce

Old 02-09-2008, 06:24 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoycieM View Post
Hi Puffle...thanks for the info. I went out and bought the 3D mascara. I got some bad clumps. Should I "wipe" the brush on the outside of the top of the tube? It seems like there is way too much mascara on the brush. Thanks.

Joyce
I saw the thread and checked this mascara out, too. Puffle is an expert and perhaps that's why it works for her. Many women were complaining of the same.

Old 02-09-2008, 07:07 PM

#1 Don't pump the brush in and out of the tube. This will cause drying of the mascara quicker than usual.
#2 I always wipe the excess off the brush.
#3 Could be a bad batch. Didn't happen to me. If you usually put on several coats that could be the problem too. You seriously only need one coat of this mascara or you will probably get clumps because it thickens your lashes very easily. I have thick lashes so if this was a clumpy formula it would not be good for me. Sorry if it didn't work but try these tips and see if it improves, otherwise, return it.

Old 02-10-2008, 05:43 PM

395 posts, read 1,363,877 times
Ok I bought this mascara yesterday and I used it last night...I WAS using Lashblast from Cover Girl(but I have been weeding out all of my make up that uses animal testing)Revlon dosen't..so i bought it and it is AWESOME....

Old 02-10-2008, 09:07 PM

Please go to the Peta website for the list of cruelty free products if this is something you are interested in.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:49 AM
RH1

1,160 posts, read 4,234,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puffle View Post
#1 Don't pump the brush in and out of the tube. This will cause drying of the mascara quicker than usual.
#2 I always wipe the excess off the brush.
#3 Could be a bad batch. Didn't happen to me. If you usually put on several coats that could be the problem too. You seriously only need one coat of this mascara or you will probably get clumps because it thickens your lashes very easily. I have thick lashes so if this was a clumpy formula it would not be good for me. Sorry if it didn't work but try these tips and see if it improves, otherwise, return it.
I'm suddenly having problems finding a mascara that doesn't clump too. I had a great for a year or two and never any clumping trouble, now I'm having real problems. I've got one of the ones with the new comb-style brush as well and I'm not getting on with it - I spent more time trying to separate my lashes this morning than I did on most of the rest of my makeup! What's your view on those brushes?

I might try what you've suggested there though - thanks. Do you just wipe the excess off on a tissue or something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty