U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 07:10 AM

4,783 posts, read 4,665,088 times

Advertisements

They are separate pieces but I wear them together. They look like they go together anyway.

They come off when I go to sleep (sometimes they don't, whatever) and if I'm going swimming, I'll take off the engagement ring because depending on the day, the rings could slide right off.

My parents have never worn rings for as long as I've been alive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2016, 08:13 AM

6,317 posts, read 4,439,198 times
I only had 1 ring when married. Two seemed excessive.

Old 01-07-2016, 08:23 AM

5,119 posts, read 12,716,950 times
I wear my rings ALL the time...what is the point of having it, if you don't wear it? Diamonds are pretty tough...they don't scratch, and if they get dirty, you clean them!

If your rings "slide" off...get them properly sized! No more problems!

Wear your rings!!

Old 01-07-2016, 08:44 AM

5,500 posts, read 3,355,263 times
I never take off my plain gold wedding band, but I only wear my engagement ring when I get dressed up and go out. It's not a diamond, it's a padparadscha sapphire. I don't want it to get damaged, and I would just feel weird wearing it while washing dishes, digging in the garden, or riding my mountain bike.

Old 01-07-2016, 08:51 AM

5,865 posts, read 7,085,877 times
I always wear both, but my engagement ring has a very small diamond by today's "standards." I love it though and wear it proudly because it reminds me of a time when we could afford far, far less and reminds me of our first days together. I do take the engagement ring off if I'm in a pool or at the beach. Probably because my mother lost her engagement ring in a lake.

Years ago my husband wanted to replace it and had budgeted for it. A family member had some very unexpected medical expenses related to a child. I elected to give the budgeted funds to the family member for those expenses. That was far more important to me than a flashy diamond.

Old 01-07-2016, 08:58 AM

15,736 posts, read 11,744,086 times
Stupid question - do engagement rings and wedding bands have to be picked together so they match? Doesn't it look weird to have two rings on one finger with different design?

Why not wear one on the left hand and one one the right?

Do any of you have an engagement ring that they use as a wedding band or do people usually always have both?

How about men, they don't wear engagement rings, or am I wrong?

Old 01-07-2016, 09:03 AM

16,724 posts, read 13,670,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Ladies---do you always wear your rings together? That is, your wedding and engagement rings? My mother and grandmother always wore theirs together, sort of a matched set. I always wear mine as a set, too. However, I leave my diamond at home if traveling, especially to foreign countries, etc. Its 3-carats, high quality, would attract attention.

I've noticed many women just wear their wedding bands, and wear their diamond for special occasions. So, what do the rest of you do?

I have my engagement ring soldered to the wrap, with an additional plain ring on the other side of the engagement ring. So on the bottom of my finger, it looks like three rings of the same size. I can take off the engagement/wrap diamond rings & still have the one ring there, which is what I do when doing chores or something where I don't want those diamonds on my finger for whatever reason.

Old 01-07-2016, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Is this thread what is known as a humble brag? Pardon me while I gag.

Jealous much?

Old 01-07-2016, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
As a guy I don't wear any rings. Ice seen too many people get major traumatic damage from rings on fingers. I switched to a ceramic wedding band. I got badly shocked wearing my gold band. I don't wear a ring at work

My husband wears his wedding ring on a chain around his neck for this very reason.

Old 01-07-2016, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Stupid question - do engagement rings and wedding bands have to be picked together so they match? Doesn't it look weird to have two rings on one finger with different design?

Why not wear one on the left hand and one one the right?

Do any of you have an engagement ring that they use as a wedding band or do people usually always have both?

How about men, they don't wear engagement rings, or am I wrong?

My husband picked out my engagement ring, a trillion solitaire, and when we picked out wedding rings together, I wanted two smaller trillion diamonds on either side of the solitaire. I bought that wrap myself, and he bought the plain ring for the other side.

Some couples do pick out both at the same time, but he totally surprised me with mine.

I did not give him an engagement ring, I've never heard of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or