U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 07:48 AM

5,439 posts, read 14,371,219 times

Advertisements

my wife wears her engagement ring like once a year at most!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2016, 07:53 AM

13,258 posts, read 34,766,605 times
Only time I take mine off is when I'm kneading dough or making meaballs/meatloaf. I have a modest diamond - not tiny but not a "rock" either. But it looks bigger than it is because of the cut and setting. I don't worry at all about it "attracting attention." My mom's diamond is a 2-ct emerald cut with baguettes on either side, and she's been all over the world and only takes hers off to clean it once every few months.

I think if you're worried about your engagement ring "attracting attention" - I mean if this is an actual concern, then you're either travelling throughout the world on a tour of "dark back alleys" or you're overly paranoid You know, you -could- just wear a nice pair of silk or cashmere fingerless gloves when you walk through the bad neighborhoods. They go almost up to the knuckle on your finger and will cover any of your rings. Or - you could simply turn the diamond ring around so the band is facing outward.

Old 02-01-2016, 10:55 AM

467 posts, read 354,386 times
My engagement ring and wedding ring are one. I have 8 small diamonds in 2 rows of intertwined gold. Very comfortable to wear and it doesn't get snagged on anything.

Old 02-27-2016, 02:39 AM

5,703 posts, read 15,550,420 times
I always wore mine together. Mainly because I enjoy wearing the diamond and secondly, since my engagement ring was made, the wedding band was also made to fit with the engagement ring. The wedding band alone looked a bit odd by itself, as it was notched to fit the other ring. I ended up getting them soldered together anyway.

I now have a new ring. My set was damaged a while back and I hadn't been wearing anything. An interesting experiment. I had a lot of women question why I don't wear a ring. Anyway...I really didn't know what to do about it. Get the ring fixed which I was told it would never be quite right but doable OR go with a new setting. I opted to get a new setting and keep the original diamond. The jeweler did ask me about a wedding band. I don't think I will bother. I've been married 20 yrs. and the new ring I have is a split shank. I think it gives the appearance of two rings anyway. I think if I were to spend more money, I would get anniversary ring for the other hand.

Old Today, 11:32 AM

4,564 posts, read 7,571,975 times
I DON'T like this about wedding rings...the twp-band thing. I don't want this kind of thing when I get married. I just want one substantial band w/ the diamond(s). Everywhere I look has the 2 bands.

What jewelry store DON'T have the dual bands that go together??

Old Today, 12:36 PM

19,039 posts, read 12,606,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I DON'T like this about wedding rings...the twp-band thing. I don't want this kind of thing when I get married. I just want one substantial band w/ the diamond(s). Everywhere I look has the 2 bands.

What jewelry store DON'T have the dual bands that go together??
When we were married 25 years, we had my original wedding set redone into a solid gold band, with the engagement diamond set in the center on prongs, and the other, smaller diamonds set directly into the band around it. I've worn it ever since, and I am with you. The solid band is great.

However, I don't wear any of my three rings much now. They sort of get in my way when I cook, garden, or do almost any other thing including shop at the grocery store.

To answer your question, you can get anything you want for a wedding ring at any full service jewelry store. But you won't have an engagement ring to show off to your friends.

Old Today, 05:48 PM

4,564 posts, read 7,571,975 times
^ True about not having a ring to wear in the meantime because I'd already just have the 1 ring w/ the diamond that I'd prefer to wear starting on the wedding day, but I don't care about not having a ring to wear while engaged. And I definitely don't want to have to have 2 bands soldered or welded together later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or