Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 07:45 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,766,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyScreenName View Post
Yes, good points. Thank you for your advice. One thing I know for sure is that I will be more comfortable without implants & look thinner. The nose is a toss up, but breathing & having it straightened would be great.
If you have a deviated septum, the rhinoplasty might be covered by insurance (after deductible/co-pay or whatever). Check with your insurance company, or ask the plastic surgeon to submit a treatment schedule to the insurance company on your behalf, and see if they'll cover any of it, prior to your agreeing to have it done.

I have a deviated septum that was not caused by previous surgery, so it's covered. I don't know if surgery to correct previous cosmetic surgery is covered though, that's why you'd have to have your doctor or yourself check on your own behalf.

As for the breast surgery - I'd definitely go for the removal and lift. If I could afford the surgery AND aftercare, I'd totally get a reduction and lift. I'm naturally "well endowed" and it's been a burden for 30 years. I have no medical reason for having it done so insurance doesn't cover any of the boob job. It's inconvenient, to say the least. It'd be awesome to be a perky 36C or D again, some day. Currently a natural, unenhanced 34G. To wear button-down shirts that don't hang off my shoulders or gape at the chest - le sigh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2016, 02:23 PM

37,591 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
I googled it and you're absolutely right, turns out my Gummy Bears can last close to 20 years. Obviously, if there are no issues. Thanks!!!
Even longer than that is very very likely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty