Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 10:03 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
No, leggings should always be worn with a shirt long enough to cover the butt, no matter the thickness. No amount of thickness is going to stop leggings from being tight and clingy.

If your leggings are see through, they shouldn't be worn with just a shirt ever, even if it is long enough to cover your butt. Shear leggings should only be worn under dresses or under pants for extra warmth.
If your "leggings" are see through....they aren't leggings.

Also, jeans are tight and clingy...no one covers their behind when wearing jeans.
I have skinny jeans that are just as form fitting as my leggings, same with my regular jeans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2016, 01:10 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,794,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
IMHO... you don't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Ouch!
Well, she's right. Certain things should just not be worn by certain body types, if they're concerned about their visual image. It's like an overweight man asking how to pull off horizontal stripes. Sure, they can do it, but their body type generally doesn't call for it. He can wear it, but he'll have to be aware that it will make him look even larger.

If a short woman is concerned about looking shorter, then yes, they shouldn't wear below the waist tops, which, as mentioned are one of your only options when wearing leggings as pants (which, to reiterate....ick)

Old 01-19-2016, 01:14 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
Well, she's right. Certain things should just not be worn by certain body types, if they're concerned about their visual image. It's like an overweight man asking how to pull off horizontal stripes. Sure, they can do it, but their body type generally doesn't call for it. He can wear it, but he'll have to be aware that it will make him look even larger.

If a short woman is concerned about looking shorter, then yes, they shouldn't wear below the waist tops, which, as mentioned are one of your only options when wearing leggings as pants (which, to reiterate....ick)
It's ick on some people but not all.

Old 01-19-2016, 01:16 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,964,704 times
And, yes, you can break up the long top with a belt at the waist, assuming you still have a waist...

Personally, I love knit pants. You know the kind... Not stirrups, but like stirrups without the stirrups. Baggy enough not to cling, yet slimming and comfortable. I, too, long ago swore off tight, binding jeans on "jeans day" at work. They sell for $8 at Walmart/K-Mart. Kinder, gentler leggings? But hopelessly unfashionable.

Old 01-19-2016, 02:29 PM

37 posts, read 61,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
I'm only 5'2" and love leggings. I always wear them with sweater dresses that come just a couple inches past my butt. I also wear heeled boots with them. I'm sure you're just worrying too much and look fine with leggings.
I've got a few outfits like this in my closet too and I'm an inch shorter than you!

Old 01-19-2016, 04:02 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Well, if you are a 100 lb. Petite, you will look like a 10 year old anyway. Go for the leggings however long the top you wear.
Those years are long gone for me. Unfortunately my short height hasn't changed, but my weight has sure expanded

Old 01-19-2016, 08:31 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,020,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
If your "leggings" are see through....they aren't leggings.

Also, jeans are tight and clingy...no one covers their behind when wearing jeans.
I have skinny jeans that are just as form fitting as my leggings, same with my regular jeans.
Jeans and leggings are two different things. Jeans are not as form fitting and clingy as leggings.
Unless you are talking about those fake jeans "jeggings", which are not jeans.

This:
http://i.stpost.com/diesel-matic-ski..._01~1500.2.jpg

is much different looking then this:

http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server45....1280.1280.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty