Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 12:53 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzH View Post
I just think it looks more feminine and nice. I'm not talking about a HUGE butt. Just something thick enough to compliment a slim waist. Keeping your middle thin with an apple shape is hard. Like even if you manage to get super thin, your legs will always be much smaller than your upper body
Eh, it's really a grass is greener thing. For us pears, we have to make peace with the fact that we'll always have less than voluptuous cleavage, and our hips are always gonna dwarf our bustlines, at whatever weight. It is what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2016, 01:00 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Yeah, these are the people you just plain have to roll your eyes at and pay no mind.

Old 02-09-2016, 01:21 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,905,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
It's a conscious decision to be positive about what you're working with.

I would argue that thick thighs and a prominent rear AREN'T universally considered beautiful, and not too many years ago were downright reviled (I am a bottom- heavy woman who came of age in a pre-JLo, pre- Beyonce, pre-Kim Kardashian world, and I remember when thick thighs, wide hips, and a big butt were largely considered fat and unattractive. Kate Moss and heroin chic matchstick-limbed waifs were the beauty standard.

Beauty standards are fickle, you can't win, so you might as well just learn to celebrate what you've got.
Kate Moss isn't an apple though she has skinny legs. Apple shapes have no waist no matter how skinny they get and they tend to carry weight in their faces and their necks as well as their bellies.

Old 02-09-2016, 02:37 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
I'm a rectangle or brick shape. I hate the way I look, and I always have. But you have to find other things to concentrate on, and simply make the best of what you have. Good skin? Ample cleavage? Graceful hands? Lovely hair? Whatever things are attractive, you make the most of, and you concentrate on thinking positive thoughts.

Also, develop your talents and mind. A beautiful person with a vacuous mind is a bore. Be the best you can be, mentally and physically, but stop obsessing about your shape. How you do this, is by replacing thoughts about yourself with thoughts about other, important things.

If you are basically healthy, have no disabilities, can see and hear, and can find worthwhile things to do, then frankly, you should have no complaints. There are so many others without those things.

Old 02-09-2016, 03:17 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,232,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeemama View Post
Kate Moss isn't an apple though she has skinny legs. Apple shapes have no waist no matter how skinny they get and they tend to carry weight in their faces and their necks as well as their bellies.
A better example is Kate Upton.

Old 02-09-2016, 05:17 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
If you don't like the look of your body. Change it.

Old 02-09-2016, 05:35 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,720,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzH View Post
Incase you have no idea what I'm talking about, an apple shaped body is what you have if your body stores most of its fat above the waist. So basically a pudgy belly, skinny legs and a small butt! It's the shape i have and i hate it with a passion. The fact that a tiny waist with thick shapely legs and butt are worshipped as the perfect body for a woman makes me feel so ashamed! Apple shaped bodies have fat in all the wrong places. I don't know if I'll ever accept my pudgy middle and toothpick legs. I have tried changing it with exercises to shrink my middle and pump up my butt and legs.
Sometimes when I do find myself slightly accepting my body shape i will see a woman with a pear or hour glass shape and how much better those proportions are and be right back to hating myself. We don't get to choose how our bodies are going to naturally look but if we could i bet NO ONE would choose the apple shaped body! I would choose a beautiful and proportionate hour glass shape.
Do you think i can ever accept my body?
You really should pick up some sort of physical hobby, something that can be challenging. Hiking, training for a 5k, surfing, etc. When you focus on what your body can do instead of what society tells you it looks like, you will find beauty in the challenges your body meets and exceeds. When you find that, you will be comfortable in your body and radiate confidence, which is ultimately more attractive than any particular proportions.

Old 02-09-2016, 05:37 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,720,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTy View Post
Well a Flat arse to me is deal breaker no question. I could date a chick with A-cups but flat back is just not pleasant to look at. It looks sickly like Holocaust sickly
OMG, that is such a coincidence. Do you know what the deal breaker is for most women? Shallow. Weird.

Old 02-09-2016, 06:00 PM

17,210 posts, read 57,041,396 times
Certainly, an apple-shaped woman who is busty can be quite beautiful. At least to me.

Old 02-09-2016, 08:36 PM

6 posts, read 9,330 times
Just because your body is not perfect to you, doesn't mean it's not perfect to someone else. Some men will find your body irresistible, while others won't bat an eye. Have you never met a man that didn't strike you as attractive initially, but after getting to know him, you really want to have breakfast with him (kids, read between the lines)? I have felt that way about women. If you have a great personality, you have NOTHING to worry about......just get rid of most of the mirrors in your house. They are like your, always negative....drink half empty, friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty