Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 04:30 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,259,867 times

Advertisements

They're are things that can make melisma look better but only time will remove "pregnancy mask".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2016, 03:52 AM

466 posts, read 581,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicaNica28 View Post
Hyaluronic Acid wouldn't help with the hyperpigmentation; it is an ingredient that helps hydrate skin, so the lightening of your spots is probably due to something in the moisturizers. Just putting that out there so no one buys a product with HA hoping it will help with age spots. However, I'm glad the products are working for you!
Thank you so much for correcting me. I'm still using Monsia but I am also using raw black soap with my Monsia Sonic 3 facial cleansing brush set on sensitive - once a week. I then rinse my face and apply aloe vera juice (my own plants) followed by the Monsia day or night moisturizer. I am hoping this will eventually remove it completely, one can but hope. I will look for a sunscreen with a SPF30 to use as well, especially when I am out in the garden! On the plus side my mark has faded and my Boots #7 Stay Perfect foundation is sufficient to cover it.

Old 04-20-2016, 08:38 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Try the Coola sunscreens. The are sweat proof and mineral based.

Old 04-22-2016, 05:17 AM

8,037 posts, read 10,626,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage_girl View Post
I'm okay with using makeup to some degree. What makeup works well? Everything I used gives me a grayish cast, including the expensive ones. Shiseido kind of worked, but it made me look too orange.

I use Cover Girl 3 in 1 pump foundation. It is a primer, foundation, and cover up. I apply a little "extra" on the dark spots, and, set with a little powder, it lasts all day, without looking gray or "cakey", I adore it. This is my solution until I can afford laser treatment. I have used several products that claim to treat dark spots and they have done absolutely nothing. Not wasting my money on those anymore.

Old 04-27-2016, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Try the Coola sunscreens. The are sweat proof and mineral based.
Thanks for this info - thankfully it is available on amazon uk so I have it on order.

Old 05-11-2016, 06:41 AM

68 posts, read 70,653 times
A couple of great natural, aloe-based products for age spots are a morning treatment product called Infusion AM to brighten skin and prevent further damage, Revive GX as an evening treatment to correct dark spots and of course daily use of natural sunscreen, SunGuard! You can find them all at https://shop.blackboxcosmetics.com/JB1943.

Old 06-01-2016, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage_girl View Post
It seems it's genetic, unfortunately. I wish I could stop a medication causing it and it would eventually resolve itself, but several of my family members have it. My mom has it but she's darker complected so it "hides" better on her skin.

I did see a derm at one point but the laser treatment was expensive, and I'm not sure when I'll be able to afford it. Not to mention sometimes the suggestions given to me seem extreme. I was told I need to reapply my makeup during the day, ask for a desk area not close to a window, etc.
Mine is also genetic, a build-up of melanin, complexion olive and ethnic background Eurasian (part Chinese, Japanese, Asian Indian and English. I read this How to Reduce Melanin | New Health Advisor and I make sure my diet is high in vits C, K, A & E. Based on 2 ingredients in Monsia Skincare, shea butter and jojoba oil I have made a sunscreen with SPF30. I cleanse & tone, morning & evening. One extra step in the evening, after toning I squeeze a fresh segment of lemon on to a cottonwool pad and gently rub the pigmented areas. When the areas are dry I apply the Monsia night repair cream and in the morning after rinsing my face, cleansing & toning I put on the sunscreen first followed by the day moisturizer with SPF15. When I am out in the garden I wear a wide brimmed hat. I am very happy to share my sunscreen recipe with you, just PM. I have only started using the lemon juice a couple of weeks ago but one tiny corner has disappeared, it is going to take a whole lot of patience. I also thought that the hyaluronic acid in the Monsia toner, & moisturizers might also have helped, but when I suggested this on another forum I was told that hyaluronic acid only moisturizes. I just googled how to reduce melanin and just read through all the articles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty