Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 03:50 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,406,431 times

Advertisements

I prefer clean-shaven or a well-trimmed goatee (short), but a full-on lumberjack beard - no. It makes a guy look older and it reminds me of when I was little and my uncle had a fool beard. When he would eat he would constantly get food caught in his beard hair. Yuk!

I don't rock the 70's bush and I really don't want to see it on a guy's face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2016, 03:51 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Where's that old girl that went mental at everyone that had a beard and called us " trashy "?..... She was a 70 year old woman that was married for 50 years, she hijacked a thread a while ago that had nothing to do with hair and she went berserk!! LMAO!

She was hilarious LOL
Keep that li'l bit on your mug, LC, it is so super cute on you. Do us ladies a favor and keep rockin' the look! We need something to keep our spirits up. LOL.

When it's done right, gents...a nice facial hair look can be devastating. In a good way.

No, it's not for everybody. And that's okay too. Every person should do what he's comfortable with and what he likes.

Old 02-25-2016, 05:50 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Is that your husband (on the bottom)?

Holy crap. He's gorgeous!!!
Yep. He'd totally thinks I'm being silly when I tell him that. lol

Old 02-25-2016, 05:54 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
Quote:
Huh???

I'm in SoCal and it's the youngest guys who are rocking the facial hair right now. And I don't notice that they're very often alone.

As I said, not my preference personally (a full/big beard) but as far as the youngest chicks go...I don't see a lot of complaints.

Weird though, that you basically accused those of us on here who don't mind facial hair of being unfashionable, non-hot, fat, and living in Nowheresville, LOL. Nice.
I know, right? I used to live in San Diego. It's home. That's not exactly bum**** nowhere. We're in Nor Cal. I don't think we, my husband and I, are "non-hot." lololol I think facial hair may be more common amongst younger millennials and hipster types, but it's not exclusive to these groups. My husband is nearing 38.

Old 02-25-2016, 06:16 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Keep that li'l bit on your mug, LC, it is so super cute on you. Do us ladies a favor and keep rockin' the look! We need something to keep our spirits up. LOL.

When it's done right, gents...a nice facial hair look can be devastating. In a good way.

No, it's not for everybody. And that's okay too. Every person should do what he's comfortable with and what he likes.
Awwwwwww

Right that's settles it..... It's staying

Old 02-25-2016, 07:12 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Awwwwwww

Right that's settles it..... It's staying
Small favors... 'n all that.

Metaphysique: Same here. I'm not in L.A. proper (as in, City of) but I'm in L.A. County and it's not like we're the wilds of Borneo or something...and yes, I do get into more kickin' areas...no lack of of facial hair on Millennials...maybe even more so than "older" dudes (my age category), at least right at this very minute with those big bushy thingies going so strong.

My husband works in the city, at a record label, loads of hairy face variety there. Lots of just beard-goatees, I've noticed. One of everything, really, yes, including clean-shaven but far from exclusive to, KWIM?

Old 02-25-2016, 07:15 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerz View Post
small favors... 'n all that. :d

meta: Same here. I'm not in l.a. Proper (as in, city of) but i'm in l.a. County and it's not like we're the wilds of borneo or something...loads of facial hair on millennials...maybe even more so than "older" dudes (my age category).

My husband works in the city, at a record label, loads of hairy face variety there. :d lots of just beard-goatees, i've noticed. One of everything, really, yes, including clean-shaven but far from exclusive to, kwim?
:d..........

Old 02-25-2016, 08:09 PM

7,098 posts, read 4,823,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
According to the type of ladies I have always dated and prefer - HOT ones with great bodies and into fashion, they prefer clean shaven men. This may be different if you like hefty middle America plain jane overweight, unfit and non fashionable types. But here in Los Angeles, the type of women who are HOT and who are MY type, they prefer clean shaven.
That's pretty rude.

Some of us HOT women, not necessarily YOUR type, like a nice, full, neatly trimmed beard. Or a nice, clean, groomed but not-so-trimmed beard. Or a face with a sexy stubble.

Hell, I'll bet there are some middle American hefty overweight unfit non-fashionable women who appreciate a clean shaven, smooth as a baby 's ass man's face, too.

Me personally, I like either, as long as it's clean and groomed.

Old 02-25-2016, 09:35 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,456,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
Oh, no. No way. Love a smooth, clean shaven face!
Same here. I don't kiss stubble.

Old 02-25-2016, 11:27 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,585,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinero View Post
Copyrighted images deleted.
I don't think so. I love a man's jawline and cheeks. A beard covers all that up.

I like mustaches, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty