Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 10:40 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,537,016 times

Advertisements

looks like a baseball...looks good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orvj-TB34_Y
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2016, 10:48 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
I look in my closet and dresser drawers and the items in those two places are what is in fashion for me.

Old 06-04-2016, 07:26 PM
JL

simple outfits like these are good enough....gal with pants has best outfit....beautiful blue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78HA0jvi_B4

surprised how well pink looks.

black/white

isolated cam on gal with best outfit

Last edited by JL; 06-04-2016 at 07:55 PM..

Old 06-04-2016, 07:45 PM

2,756 posts, read 4,413,441 times
There are quite a few fashion blogs for women that that can key you in to new trends. You could check out YoulookFab.

But honestly, the way to be fashionable is to find those few, classic, well made items and make sure they fit well (tailor if necessary -- this is very helpful). Learn which styles/cuts flatter your shape (eg. pear/hourglass/apple), and what general colors look best around your face and make your skin pop. And then maybe once or twice a year, add something fun/less expensive/"on trend" so you don't get bored. But stick to the classics and you'll always be fashionable.

Dark wash jeans
White T-shirt
Trench coat
Crisp button down shirt
Cigarette pants
cashmere sweaters
Breton striped shirt
White jeans
Ankle boots
loafers
leather jacket
classic heels
one beautiful scarf
a simple leather belt
little black dress
one good bag, in a neutral color
a blazer

Always have a good haircut.

And I agree that depending upon the area of the country you live in, there will be other things more specific to your weather conditions/city styles.

Old 06-05-2016, 11:59 AM

743 posts, read 876,470 times
Unlike my mom, I did not get the "fashion" gene. My mom can go into Ross or TJ Maxx and come out with outfits that make her look like a million bucks. I go in there and see nothing-haha! I usually buy what I know to be timeless--like the list sfcambridge wrote. That is a great list!

Old 06-10-2016, 07:03 AM

3 posts, read 1,614 times
I often go on Wheretoget [url=http://wheretoget.it]Wheretoget[/url] to see what users post. It's like a social media site where people post pictures of items they would like to find out where they can buy. You can see the looks that are most popular as there are "like" and "want" options so, essentially, the most popular looks are the ones which are most liked and wanted.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:12 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
I am finding youlookfab is better than instyle! I have it bookmarked. I get instyle delivered and also have it digitally. This is actually quite fun.

Old 06-11-2016, 08:55 PM
JL

If you're a guy in your late teens or early 20s, you should check out these outfits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh1MJ7etal8

guy in red jacket

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qsSl7QyMr0

Last edited by JL; 06-11-2016 at 09:50 PM..

Old 06-13-2016, 07:20 AM

466 posts, read 581,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I am finding youlookfab is better than instyle! I have it bookmarked. I get instyle delivered and also have it digitally. This is actually quite fun.
Thanks - just the hairstyle I'm after short & sassy, can't thank you enough!

I am 72, masses of clothes in the loft and every year I bring stuff down that are the colors of the year. Everything is classic style, e.g. navy blazer with brass buttons, tweed hunting jacket, tartan trousers, slim fit and then I hunt for sweaters, shirts, waistcoats etc that will marry everything together (all from the storage in the loft). Drives my husband mad because I keep asking "is this OK?". Great fun because my friends always want to know where I bought the outfit from.

Old 06-15-2016, 01:43 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
I think in general I am more of the mind to be fashionable then in fashion.

Probably because I am in a tropical local where flip flops are daily wear.

I look more to tweaking an outfit to make it seem a little more polished. I am a people watcher (more watching the outfits), I take what I like and work it into my existing style. Small things that add the extra polish.

Sun dress? Ponytail with a bump, post earrings with ear cuffs and maybe a ring or bangles. Jeans and tank? Cute sandals, long necklace (maybe layered chains), big earrings.

I love scarfs and boots, but not practical here.

I love long body hugging skirts because they are comfortable and cool, same with maxi dresses.

A little make-up can add style too. Cat eye liner or a bold lip.

I love pinterest for new ideas.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty