Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 06:49 PM

1,038 posts, read 902,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by forum_browser View Post
There really isn't a level of "perfectly normal" cleavage in the workplace. Cleavage simply doesn't belong there. They're not asking you to drape yourself in layers and layers; they simply don't want to see cleavage.

One complaint over a 30 year career....? come on!

What is so WRONG about cleavage anyway? Rationally speaking? women have boobs and sometimes you can tell!

those boob job girls don't know what theyre letting themselves in for, seriously...

Old 02-28-2016, 06:51 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
OP: I can guarantee you that me nor none of the many women I know are anywhere near envious or jealous of you or your breasts. We have our own of varying sizes, shapes and colors and are quite happy with ourselves as we are. Covered appropriately without the need for boob attention or a delusion of grandeur in regards to our breast.

Old 02-28-2016, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Having boobs isn't an issue. Why not just cover your boobs up. How would hat be. A C cup is not hard to cover. You talk like you're Chelsea Charms
http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/silve...97980_1000.jpg
If you don't look like this, then there shouldn't be this much of an issue.. Dress how you please. But you may very well need to practice being more conservative at work.

If you don't want to change anything, then you'll just simply have to take your own advice of "getting over it." We can't control anyone but ourselves. So if we're unhappy with something, the onus to changing something is on us, for ourselves. So if you're showing cleavage, you'll just have to get used to any attention it gets you.
I didn't post this to attract your judgment of myself as an individual.

I posted it to express myself as an individual.

Also, perhaps as a Warning to women who are considering boob jobs. No one tells you the Societal Negatives like snide remarks from other women.

I must say this has surprised me. All this negative reaction seems vaguely [bleep] shaming in that I need to take responsibility for other peoples behavior or inability to stop staring at boobs. Nope.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-29-2016 at 02:46 PM..

Old 02-28-2016, 06:54 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,723,845 times
Default I don't get it ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Jean McGee View Post
sometimes I feel like im a walking set of boobs and Im only a C cup.

Men ogle and women hate. I have literally had women tell me to cover my cleavage when ive been in a work uniform! Its not my fault they grow out of my collarbone!

I house my cleavage well yet still it gets all the attention in the room...theyre like Magnets to Everyone male or female! Why a woman wants big ones, is beyond my understanding!
I was bigger then a DDD since I was teen and I use to have men and women giving me the look (ex like is she stuffing her bra? as it was not likely any parent would pay for a teen at least when and where I grew up to look like that. All I got to say is I got over it. I am not shy about it anymore as I got too much things going on to worry about who is or is not staring at me or my chest. I personally don't think a D cup is even a big deal, but everyone's views on this type of topic are different. Most people learn to work with what they have.

Old 02-28-2016, 06:54 PM

2,233 posts, read 2,403,693 times
I don't think it's such a terrible problem to have... I wish I was a C cup haha.

Old 02-28-2016, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Having boobs isn't an issue. Why not just cover your boobs up. How would hat be. A C cup is not hard to cover. You talk like you're Chelsea Charms
http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/silve...97980_1000.jpg
If you don't look like this, then there shouldn't be this much of an issue.. Dress how you please. But you may very well need to practice being more conservative at work.

If you don't want to change anything, then you'll just simply have to take your own advice of "getting over it." We can't control anyone but ourselves. So if we're unhappy with something, the onus to changing something is on us, for ourselves. So if you're showing cleavage, you'll just have to get used to any attention it gets you, which may include a comment of "cover up" now and again.
THEY ARE

This occurred DESPITE being in a buttoned up work shirt and a full cup bra underneath. If that's not COVERED, I don't know what is.

Old 02-28-2016, 07:00 PM

Lol btw the incident happened years ago when I was relatively new

I told my colleagues and they fell about laughing

the woman who said it was INFAMOUS for boob staring. One of the young girls actally did have enormous ones and this lady just stared and stared. NO she wasn't married, yes she dressed like a man.

She commented on EVERYONES boobs over the years and every young woman in the place had caught her staring at their boobs. Boob obsessed one might say.

Old 02-28-2016, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
I don't think it's such a terrible problem to have... I wish I was a C cup haha.
its not terrible

it is however Annoying after 40 years of it

also its something no one tells you when you get a boob job. Jealousy is a Thing.

Or, shoud I say, every living creature has an opinion on boobs, usually they like them and want to touch them. Mod cut: Link to another site deleted.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-29-2016 at 03:07 PM..

Old 02-28-2016, 07:08 PM

2,916 posts, read 2,999,675 times
I'm so accustomed to being with "thicker" and chubbier women, that when a lady says she's a "C" or "D" cup, I almost laugh out loud. Certainly a C or D can be quite substantial on a petite frame. The visual can make a woman's breasts seem huge.

Perhaps being around lots of G, H and larger women makes me underestimate the issues that come with breasts of any size.

Old 02-28-2016, 07:17 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Jean McGee View Post

I must say this has surprised me. All this negative reaction seems vaguely [bleep] shaming in that I need to take responsibility for other peoples behavior or inability to stop staring at boobs. Nope.

No one is **** shaming you. If you are being told that what you're wearing to work is inappropriate, then you do need to take responsibility and find more appropriate clothes to wear to work.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-29-2016 at 02:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty