Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 09:20 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,859,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezycom View Post
For me, it's an eyebrow mascara. The outer half of one of my brows is virtually non-existent, the other brow is more white than brown theses days, plus I have pale skin and paler hair. Without the eyebrows, my face becomes just a large vaguely pinkish blob.
Have you thought about having your eyebrows dyed?

It's actually pretty easy to do it yourself although that's not really recommended. I use a darker shade than I use on my hair, and I just mix a couple drops of color and developer, apply with a q-tip and leave it on for about ten minutes. It colors the little fine hairs that have no color on their own and makes the brows look fuller.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2016, 09:29 AM

15,860 posts, read 21,427,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelpha View Post
Try it for a month and I challenge you to see how beautiful your bare face becomes after eating a big daily bowl of fresh dark green leafy vegetables. It's no joke!
I have green smoothies for two meals a day. What on earth does that have to do with makeup? I wear makeup to enhance my features - green, leafy veggies don't make my eyelashes or eyebrows darker!

Old 03-01-2016, 09:29 AM

951 posts, read 1,139,924 times
I was going to say my powder foundation because my skin's not perfect, but even if I just applied that, my face would have no color, so I'd say a lip color. When I put lip color on and maybe even use a little of that on my cheeks, it brightens up my face completely.

I've gotten used to not wearing much eye makeup and my brows are pretty dark & thick already, so I'm ok in the eye department.

Old 03-01-2016, 10:09 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times
My eyebrow pencil.

After that it is Chanel CoCo Red lipstick.

Old 03-01-2016, 11:15 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,719,822 times
Default ?

Quote:
Try it for a month and I challenge you to see how beautiful your bare face becomes after eating a big daily bowl of fresh dark green leafy vegetables. It's no joke!
I know your intentions are likely good, but what makes you think I don't already have a nutrient dense diet? Your response does not really have anything to do with the thread . I am not intending to walk around with a few leaves of kale tucked in my purse . Happy Nutrition Month !

Old 03-01-2016, 11:21 AM

Default Lol ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryT View Post
Me, too.

I've never been a "beauty" so I don't fret over make-up. For those of us "who learned the truth at 17" (1970s song reference there), cosmetics just aren't too exciting.

BTW, you know about the roots of make-up, right?

Its history goes back thousands of years when women would apply concoctions to their eyes and cheeks, hoping to emulate the look of the post-orgasmic flush because it was believed that men found this alluring.

Think about *that* next time you're applying eyeliner and blush!

You're trying to doll yourself up to make it look as though you just finished an especially fun game of slap and tickle!
Interesting, but I think the history of make up it a bit more complex then that. Acient Egyptians rocked the eyeliner and North African, Middle Eastern and Asian women used things like Henna for a really really long time. I would and have left my house without make up, but like the fun and drama it adds. Hey there are worst ways to look then post orgasmic lol.

Old 03-01-2016, 11:24 AM

Default Eyebrow Mascara

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezycom View Post
For me, it's an eyebrow mascara. The outer half of one of my brows is virtually non-existent, the other brow is more white than brown theses days, plus I have pale skin and paler hair. Without the eyebrows, my face becomes just a large vaguely pinkish blob.

I have never tried this. I usually tint with a shadow that matches my fair colour. I thought the product would be too messy.

Old 03-01-2016, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
How do you fix it? Cooked, raw, salad, etc? What types do you use?

To get the most nutrient content better to eat raw ex in a salad.

Old 03-01-2016, 01:22 PM

5,132 posts, read 4,481,664 times
Quote:
Eating a big bowl of fresh green spinach or kale daily makes for a radiantly beautiful face. No makeup needed! Much less expensive too, when superfoods & "makeup" are covered in one expense
^^^^

Yeah, right.

Old 03-01-2016, 06:41 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,974,571 times
Lipstick for sure! I already have long and thick eyelashes so I can do without mascara although it's my second favorite item.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty