U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 02:31 PM

7,065 posts, read 2,737,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catrinac View Post
On the other hand no one wants to look old; it started in the 80s with Cher, she was really the one who made the whole cosmetic surgery thing mainstream. The problem with the older generation is that they tried to solve their problems with invasive procedures which can drastically change the look of the face. Browlifts, for example, don't always look that good. Most of the younger generation is in to Botox which I think is fine. That cellophane no wrinkle look is increasingly mainstream. A good example of someone whose done cosmetic surgery right is Courtney Cox. Well who can blame her. She said she hated getting older.
But it is the botox and the other injections that make their faces look so large and swollen. To me it looks like their faces alone weigh 50 pounds. They need to EASE up on the botox and the other fillers. So, in my opinion it isn't just the invasive procedures. Botox and the other injections are just as bad when not done right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2008, 04:26 PM

1,047 posts, read 3,212,243 times
I used to think I would do some facial surgery when I got older[I'm now 51,now would be the time!]But,I have seen so few that look really good that I totally changed my mind.Not only celebraties,but I used to work as a hairdresser and had lots of clients have face lifts etc.They were always so proud! To me,they still looked their age,with a face lift!

Old 02-14-2008, 04:38 AM

13,371 posts, read 39,995,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.K. View Post
lots of clients have face lifts etc.They were always so proud! To me,they still looked their age,with a face lift!
Yes.
That's exactly it, in a nutshell.
If the person is fine knowing this, and there are no complications, then I guess it's copacetic.
Maybe the general feeling now is that cosmetic surgery is just as mainstream and acceptable as highlighting your hair.
However, when I look at Olivia Goldsmith or
Kanye West's mother, it seems like a pitiful waste of humanity.

Old 02-15-2008, 09:36 PM

33,966 posts, read 42,176,913 times
They look like a freak show. Give me honestly earned wrinkles anyday.

Old 02-16-2008, 06:55 PM

4,541 posts, read 12,689,232 times
Default Elective Surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I think those photos must be photoshopped or something. Nobody would do that to themselves...
She was the one who asked for and who paid doctors to do this to her.

What bothers me is the ethics of the doctors who have continued to take her money.

Isn't part of the Hippocratic Oath, "To do NO harm" ?

It's very sad.

Old 02-16-2008, 07:47 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,592,075 times
Agelina jolies lips scare me, I wonder if they hurt, they look like there about to burst wide open.

Old 02-17-2008, 05:17 PM

1,917 posts, read 4,201,216 times
I think plastic surgery should only be done on those people with defects or injuries...
not for ego purposes. Surgery is a huge risk not worth taking to have some fat sucked out of my butt.

Old 02-17-2008, 05:43 PM

302 posts, read 815,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1210 View Post
Agelina jolies lips scare me, I wonder if they hurt, they look like there about to burst wide open.

You know, I realy don't think Angie's lips are that big....

But then again, I have really full lips, so of course they'd look normal to me.

I don't believe hers are a result of plastic surgery, because I have yet to see a picture of the woman with small lips. Her lips look like a larger version of her father's, and her daughter has pretty full lips as well.

Old 02-17-2008, 06:08 PM

979 posts, read 3,473,232 times
They have to be real. Even young pictures of her show big lips. You can definitely see she gets it from her father.

Old 02-18-2008, 05:32 AM
RH1

1,160 posts, read 3,829,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I didn't know Extreme Makeover was still on. I really enjoyed watching that show. Now all I see are advertisements for Extreme Makeover Home Edition and I couldn't care less about a home makeover.
I'm in the UK so I'm guessing they're pretty old repeats. We did have a UK version but it's not really as extreme extreme.. it's more like "Do you know what, how about a different lipstick colour??! Well done, brave girl..." and if they're feeling really risky maybe a bit of liposuction.

The US version seems to stop at nothing, it makes much better entertainment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty