Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2016, 02:14 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a new springtime handbag on ebay and I'm finding many beautiful options. The last time I was looking for one, I debated about getting a used purse because I wanted something really high quality that would last, and new long lasting leather purses can be pricey indeed. I was nervous about buying a used purse. I had never bought one used before, but when I found one, it was such a good price because it was used that I couldn't pass it up. It was a leather Treesje hobo for $70, hundreds less than the retail of $595. I was extremely pleased when I got it. It looked like it hadn't been carried even once.

Do you guys buy used purses? I've found many on ebay that look like they haven't even been used, yet you still get that used discount, which is what I'm hoping for this time if I get a used one. If you don't, how do you go about replacing purses; buy new, not carry one, never replace, or none of the above?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2016, 02:22 PM

983 posts, read 1,055,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I'm looking for a new springtime handbag on ebay and I'm finding many beautiful options. The last time I was looking for one, I debated about getting a used purse because I wanted something really high quality that would last, and new long lasting leather purses can be pricey indeed. I was nervous about buying a used purse. I had never bought one used before, but when I found one, it was such a good price because it was used that I couldn't pass it up. It was a leather Treesje hobo for $70, hundreds less than the retail of $595. I was extremely pleased when I got it. It looked like it hadn't been carried even once.

Do you guys buy used purses? I've found many on ebay that look like they haven't even been used, yet you still get that used discount, which is what I'm hoping for this time if I get a used one. If you don't, how do you go about replacing purses; buy new, not carry one, never replace, or none of the above?
Maybe it was a knock off?

Old 03-11-2016, 02:50 PM

7,991 posts, read 5,386,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Do you guys buy used purses?
No

Old 03-11-2016, 02:50 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,255,752 times
I am glad you got a great deal. I usually carry mine until they need replaced. I wouldn't mind getting a great deal on a quality, lightly used bag. Right now I have an Anushka bag that I have carried for about four years. Thinking of getting another one soon.

New at Anuschka

Old 03-11-2016, 02:52 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,544,435 times
Nope, can't say I ever have, but then name brands don't impress me at all. To pay hundreds of dollars for a name brand is just not my cup of tea. I buy a purse for functionality and looks.

I've found some gorgeous purses from amazon for great prices and they last a long time, considering how rough I am on my purses. I look at the size, check inside and out with their many photos, and read the reviews.

Old 03-11-2016, 02:57 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,954,920 times
I'm not impressed by designer names either. And, I volunteer at a thrift store. I'd buy a used purse, providing it was clean, or could be washed. We sell them for $3.00. I honestly don't understand the desire to carry somebody else's name anywhere on my body.

Old 03-11-2016, 02:59 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,367,344 times
I would, although I have yet to do so. There are tons of listings on Kijiji (Craigslist classifieds). Lots of designer copies, though.

Old 03-11-2016, 03:35 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,105,575 times
Absolutely.

I wanted a particular Kooba Bag that I didn't want to buy new and bought it on ebay used for $300. It is in excellent shape.

People pay tens of thousands of dollars for Hermes.

I sold a Chloe bag that I only used a couple of times for $800 on ebay.

My favorite handbag designer is Goldenbleu out of San Francisco went out of business during the recession so I can only find their bags on ebay.

To those of you that don't buy designer bags, please try to not knock those of us that do. Enjoy your $3 bag but it only makes you look small and petty by trying to put the rest of us down for enjoying our handbags.

And yes, there is a HUGE difference in quality and craftmanship.

I have one of my grandmother's Hermes Kelly bags that is 60 years old.

Old 03-11-2016, 03:40 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,190,967 times
I don't buy anything used, unless it costs no more than $3.00. lol

Old 03-11-2016, 03:43 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,544,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Absolutely.

I wanted a particular Kooba Bag that I didn't want to buy new and bought it on ebay used for $300. It is in excellent shape.

People pay tens of thousands of dollars for Hermes.

I sold a Chloe bag that I only used a couple of times for $800 on ebay.

My favorite handbag designer is Goldenbleu out of San Francisco went out of business during the recession so I can only find their bags on ebay.

To those of you that don't buy designer bags, please try to not knock those of us that do. Enjoy your $3 bag but it only makes you look small and petty by trying to put the rest of us down for enjoying our handbags.

And yes, there is a HUGE difference in quality and craftmanship.

I have one of my grandmother's Hermes Kelly bags that is 60 years old.
Hey, I'm not trying to make anyone look small or petty. If you like name brands, then by all means buy them!
If I came across a name brand and liked it, if the price was right and it suited my needs, I'd buy it without even knowing it was a name brand since I don't follow what's "in" at the time lol.

I just don't notice name brands, whether it's clothes or purses, or anything else. I go for comfort when I shop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty