Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 10:06 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,145,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
In a professional environment, its not anyone's best option. In restaurant work it wont go over well, unless you can pull off making a hairnet look good.

If you are a rock star, it's not a problem. If you are filthy rich, and don't need to worry about impressing anyone with your business acumen, do what you want.

It's more labor intensive than short hair to maintain. The weight can also cause headaches for some people.

Agreed with all the above!

Clients I work with, Seattle area, very few have a sufficiently laid-back environment for the staff to support that long rockstar hair look. Some rules of business haven't yet changed that much. A few clients are downright white shirt and tie, still, though that's becoming less common YoY.

OTOH, our creative teams are a bit eccentric in appearance. They build interesting stuff using Photoshop and similar. And, I put them in front of clients. I figure, they are by-definition a bit eclectic, clients don't really mind it either: a bit of social latitude is allowed. But for the rest of us, senior management, we can be a little eclectic but still have to maintain professional decorum.

...As society still defines it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2016, 10:08 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,335,670 times
I only like men with long hair,I have a serious thing for it since high school,a guy becomes much more attractive to me if he has long hair.
Not the guys you posted but here's a good example
I like a metal head look.
I was about to start a thread today on only liking guys with long hair.

Old 04-03-2016, 10:55 PM

1,668 posts, read 1,486,659 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3qhle8Oy9s

Old 04-04-2016, 12:21 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,043 times
I like but it have to be well washed and nurtured. Not like 2 months ago dead animals fur where bugs are running.

Old 04-04-2016, 02:12 AM

11,655 posts, read 12,950,547 times
No, it has a "cool" outlook. But most of the time, it just isn't attractive - It lowers the man's sex appeal for me.

With that being said, there is a 50-something year old guy that I once knew who had a Steven Seagal, brushed-back type of long hair (and grey-colored, on top of that), and I found him very attractive. But then again, he had a good looking face. Would he have looked better with short hair? Of course.

Old 04-04-2016, 07:59 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,922,180 times
Some men can pull it off, others not so much.

Old 04-04-2016, 11:14 AM

3,158 posts, read 6,122,782 times
I don't see what the big deal is.

This guy and some of his friends had long hair and people everywhere love him.

Old 04-04-2016, 12:16 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,174,114 times
I like men with long hair, as long as it's trimmed and well-kept -- just the same as for women. Of the guys in the OP, the construction dude's hair looks nice. The rest, not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
One of the members in the Eagles singing group has really long hair. It suits him. And he's a musician, so it fits with his vocation.
That's Timothy B. Schmit, and while he looks fantastic no matter what, his hair has been looking pretty stringy compared to how it looked in the 70s. And while none of us look like we did in the 70s, his hair still could use a good trim.

Old 04-04-2016, 12:35 PM

24,111 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
No, GREAZY hair on men is trashy, as is hair combed-backward.

Yes! Yes! Yes! Hair combed backward. For that upscale "Goodfellas" look. Great movie. Bad hair.

Old 04-04-2016, 12:41 PM

24,111 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat View Post
I only like men with long hair,I have a serious thing for it since high school,a guy becomes much more attractive to me if he has long hair.
Not the guys you posted but here's a good example
I like a metal head look.
I was about to start a thread today on only liking guys with long hair.

That guy is gorgeous! I had a boy friend in college with the same long, coppery red hair. Nothing trashy about him. He has a doctorate and teaches as an elite university.

When I was "on the market", I pretty much only liked men with longer hair. Very long if possible.

I hate the buzzed look. Reminds me of convicts, cops or thugs. Or Jersey Shore types.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty