Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2017, 07:56 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,755,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I use a combination now of castor oil and Rapid Lash and these products work amazingly. Sadly my brows have both thinned and lightened over the years (they used to be dark and bushy!) so I always have to fill those in.
Have you tried the castor oil and/or the Rapid Lash on your eyebrows?

I'm thinking I've read that the R&F Lash Boost is supposed to work on eyebrows also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2017, 08:15 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
Have you tried the castor oil and/or the Rapid Lash on your eyebrows?

I'm thinking I've read that the R&F Lash Boost is supposed to work on eyebrows also.
I have tried both, but never had any results on brows for some reason. Some people do, so it doesn't hurt to try. Some have said it takes longer to see results on brows, so maybe I didn't give it long enough. For brows, I just tint mine now, and they automatically look fuller.

Old 07-17-2017, 12:35 PM

19,209 posts, read 16,696,914 times
I'm really glad to have found this thread because after reading an article about the benefits of using castor oil to regrow lashes and brows, I bought a small bottle of the cold pressed, organic castor oil. I just started using it so there's really nothing to see, yet, but I'm hopeful. I recently had cataract surgery on both eyes and while I'm delighted to now have 20/20 vision, I also discovered that I have more lines on my face than I realized. Honestly, I had no idea. My lashes and brows have been getting more sparse in the past year but when you can't see them, you don't notice them. Or at least I didn't. Making matters worse, I am of Scandinavian decent. My hair is still blond, although a bit thinner as I've aged and my skin is extremely fair. That opens me up to all sorts of risk, i.e. skin cancer. Also, we tend to wrinkle faster than those with more pigment in their skin. It's horrible. Can't stop the aging process but I'd at least like to not look like I'm ready for death's door.

I would love to hear back from those who haven't commented since last year as to whether you found improvement in your lashes and eyebrows. I'm also very interested in those cc and bb creams that I've been hearing so much about. Not sure if something like that would work for me but I'm really curious so if anyone knows of a thread here that addresses those topics, please share a link so I can read more about how they work for you.

Many thanks to gypsychic for starting this and those who commented on their results.

Old 09-01-2017, 02:26 PM

I just found some castor oil at WalMart....I could not find any in the beauty section so I headed to the laxative section. lol I wasn't wild about paying 12 or 13 dollars or more for something that may not even work....this was only about $4.

While this is not "organic", the only ingredient listed is castor oil. The front label also says "contains no hexanes" and "cold pressed".

Think it's safe to use on my eyelashes?

Old 09-01-2017, 04:59 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
I just found some castor oil at WalMart....I could not find any in the beauty section so I headed to the laxative section. lol I wasn't wild about paying 12 or 13 dollars or more for something that may not even work....this was only about $4.

While this is not "organic", the only ingredient listed is castor oil. The front label also says "contains no hexanes" and "cold pressed".

Think it's safe to use on my eyelashes?
I am glad you resurrected this thread because I was going to! Anyway, it sounds safe to use. Give it a try! Remember, it takes some time to see results, usually 2 - 3 months for lashes, and longer for brows. But some see results sooner, and some later.

I actually purchased a new castor oil that is giving me fantastic results! My eyebrows are actually thickening up now, and are fuller than they have been in years! Now, unfortunately a lot of them are gray and fine like some of my hair but with brow mascara they look awesome! My lashes are long and full as well. It is organic, pure, cold pressed and hexane-free.

I bought mine on ebay; the brand is "Kate Blanc Cosmetics." I am very pleased!

Old 09-01-2017, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I actually purchased a new castor oil that is giving me fantastic results!

I bought mine on ebay; the brand is "Kate Blanc Cosmetics." I am very pleased!
Thanks for this...if this doesn't work I will come back here and look this up!

Old 09-02-2017, 06:33 AM

39 posts, read 31,564 times
Just ordered mine! Looking forward to seeing if this works for me too. Amazon is amazing!! Had to hold myself back from order a cute Michael Kohrs purse that popped up while I was completing my order! I hope to report back with good results. thank you

Old 09-02-2017, 11:27 AM

It's nice that the Kate Blanc bottle has applicators....guess I'm just gonna have to use on of my daughter's thin paintbrushes! lol

Old 09-03-2017, 05:16 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,925,471 times
WOW I hardly read every post to an 11 page thread. This one has been a great read. I thank you for posting about this. I used the Castor oil for about a month and I think it was helping then got lazy. NOW I am back to using it again. I do not lave a left lower lid as it was removed to cancer and replaced with a graft so of course no lashes there but maybe making the top lashes longer will disguise that a bit. And I wear glasses so it is not all that important but you know us gals no matter how old we get want to look as beautiful as we can.

I used it last night and did notice the odd wrinkles under my eyes that go up and down since I have lost so much weight were less this morning. This is really good for me so even if my lashes do not grow much I will have those wrinkles sorted out.

It only made my eyes a little blurry and I was still able to read after I put it on. I would not want to go all day like that but a few minutes of it until I got sleepy was okay. the first time around I was putting it on with a Q-tip. Now I am just using my finger. I also worry about my upper lip and growing hair there. so far no problems even when I did it before. but it was only for a month and I really do not remember why I stopped using it. Lazy I guess.

Old 09-03-2017, 06:00 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,785,743 times
Glad this is helping some - nada here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty