Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 02:22 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,083,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
here's the reply from customer service:

Dear ***,

On behalf of Ross Stores I apologize for your recent shopping experience at our ******, CA Store.

Your e-mail has been forwarded to the District Manager, over this location, who will address this situation with the Store management team. Making sure our Customers have a good shopping experience is important to us, so we appreciate your feedback.
Thanks for sharing your experience with us so we can make it better!

Sincerely,
Erica Gomez
Customer Service
1-800-335-1115

Oh hell no there are trying to sweep this incident under the rug . You need to call her back and ask her why there is no compensation for how rudely you were treated and you feel there should be some sort since you were embarrassed . she would not get away with that with me lower the boom on them now ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2016, 03:33 PM

1,946 posts, read 7,373,929 times
Hmm, based on what I have seen at Ross. The search seems to be common practice. I have observed this. Not ALL of the clerks do it, maybe they are supposed to. The clothes are hung on the rack, they physically count them, and inconsistently check the pockets. It seems like a trained process, not something just random.

Old 04-28-2016, 04:58 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,781,251 times
Compensation is certainly NOT called for! An apology was enough IMO.

Old 04-28-2016, 05:40 PM

3,550 posts, read 1,549,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Compensation is certainly NOT called for! An apology was enough IMO.
I agree. He's not owed money for this.

There have been employees at different stores who have done a quick feel of the clothes before trying on or when buying, but never going through each pocket.

Old 04-29-2016, 12:02 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,020,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Oh hell no there are trying to sweep this incident under the rug . You need to call her back and ask her why there is no compensation for how rudely you were treated and you feel there should be some sort since you were embarrassed . she would not get away with that with me lower the boom on them now ...
Compensation? For what? The OP didn't lose any money and the clerk didn't say or do anything to cause the OP any harm. If having their clothes checked was such an awful embarrassment, then the OP should not go back to Ross or any similar discount stores.

Old 04-29-2016, 01:53 AM

16,070 posts, read 21,144,062 times
Lordy, why do people always feel the need to start at the top? Why a letter to the corp office, why not start with the store manager? As you can see that's where it winds up at anyway, so what is it? Does starting at the top make people feel like they're really important or something?

Old 04-29-2016, 07:48 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,312,234 times
If this was standard practice at a store I shopped at they would lose a customer. Granted there are people who will stuff things in the pockets of clothes they are trying on but to treat everyone like a potential thief is insulting.

Old 04-29-2016, 10:50 AM

16,070 posts, read 21,144,062 times
Unfortunately everyone is a potential thief. It's not like you can tell by looking and it would be wrong to profile anyway. Shoplifters look like anyone else, sweet little old people, preppy students, guys in suits and women carrying expensive designer handbags, as well as the down and outers who look like they don't have a dime in their pockets.
If you check one person you need to check them all.

Old 04-30-2016, 05:41 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,083,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
If this was standard practice at a store I shopped at they would lose a customer. Granted there are people who will stuff things in the pockets of clothes they are trying on but to treat everyone like a potential thief is insulting.

agreed. and half these posters would have a different opinion if it happened to them , that is why they don't think it is any big deal . I guarantee half of the people on here would be screaming injustice if it happened to them but because it did not they don't seem to think it is a big deal .

Old 04-30-2016, 06:01 AM

50,369 posts, read 63,964,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelpha View Post
A similar experience at Bed Bath & Beyond a few years ago, husband & I were buying a new down comforter and the cashier dug her hand into all the folds of the rolled-up-packaged comforter to make sure nothing else was stashed in there

A bit insulting, but I understand they only do these things because they've learned it's necessary to do so.
In my very brief career as a checkout person at HD, I found out quickly that many many people are dishonest. I am sure that the cashier you encountered was instructed to check everything carefully, because someone had used this tactic to steal before. As always, a few bad apples spoil it for everyone else.
A cashier could likely be accused of helping someone steal, if they are not checking things carefully.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty