Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 03:30 PM

1,949 posts, read 6,445,784 times

Advertisements

I was at the store trying on some clothing, and the dressing room attendant gave me a dressing room tag for two items, but before they let me try on the clothing she checked all pockets and looked to see if I was hiding anything in the clothing before entering the dressing room, then she let me through

after trying on the two items of clothing I was leaving and handed her the tag she gave me and I said I'll take these,

then she took the clothing back and searched the pockets and squeezed the clothing to check again to make sure I didnt try to hide something in the clothing.

this was kind of annoying and rude, do they normally do this at the places you buy clothing? it felt kind of insulting the way she kept checking it after she already did that before entering the changing area.

this happened at one of the those discount dress for less stores.

I didnt see her do that with the other customers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2016, 04:57 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,436,229 times
Maybe it's their business model. I would tell them to shove it.

Old 04-26-2016, 05:35 PM

15,205 posts, read 10,221,427 times
I would have asked the attendant why they were doing this and if YOU were being singled out for this treatment why. Are you a minority? Have a lot of tattoos? Did you go shopping looking like a homeless person or a member of Hells Angels?

I would then write a letter to their corporate offices and tell them of your experience and that you won't be shopping there any longer. In this situation social media can be your friend depending on why they did this.

Old 04-26-2016, 05:38 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,752,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
I was at the store trying on some clothing, and the dressing room attendant gave me a dressing room tag for two items, but before they let me try on the clothing she checked all pockets and looked to see if I was hiding anything in the clothing before entering the dressing room, then she let me through

after trying on the two items of clothing I was leaving and handed her the tag she gave me and I said I'll take these,

then she took the clothing back and searched the pockets and squeezed the clothing to check again to make sure I didnt try to hide something in the clothing.

this was kind of annoying and rude, do they normally do this at the places you buy clothing? it felt kind of insulting the way she kept checking it after she already did that before entering the changing area.

this happened at one of the those discount dress for less stores.

I didnt see her do that with the other customers?

What's a dressing room attendant?

Old 04-26-2016, 05:56 PM

15,127 posts, read 27,643,123 times
I only know of "dressing room attendant" in places like TJMaxx, Marshall's, etc. - regardless, never have experienced them doing such.

Old 04-26-2016, 06:17 PM

Default writing a complaint to corporate office

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I would have asked the attendant why they were doing this and if YOU were being singled out for this treatment why. Are you a minority? Have a lot of tattoos? Did you go shopping looking like a homeless person or a member of Hells Angels?

I would then write a letter to their corporate offices and tell them of your experience and that you won't be shopping there any longer. In this situation social media can be your friend depending on why they did this.
Im from a minority group , no tattoos, clean & neat appearance, the lady that worked as the attendant had a eastern european accent, possibly Russian?

Yes, I think I will complain to their corporate office, she treated me in a rude manner, I shop at this chain all the time and never had them do this to me.

Old 04-26-2016, 06:23 PM

102,105 posts, read 107,266,232 times
Not only have I never heard of that, it makes no sense; if she was going to check the clothes after you left, why would she have bothered to check them as you went in? One check at the end would have been enough. hmm....did she think you were going to use their booth to shoot up, or something? Ewwww.... I'd go back and ask the cashiers if that's standard procedure now.

Old 04-26-2016, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Not only have I never heard of that, it makes no sense; if she was going to check the clothes after you left, why would she have bothered to check them as you went in? One check at the end would have been enough. hmm....did she think you were going to use their booth to shoot up, or something? Ewwww.... I'd go back and ask the cashiers if that's standard procedure now.
maybe she thought I might be hiding a watch or something in the pocket and might try to remove the security tags once inside the changing room?

she was rude about it though and treated me like I did something wrong

Old 04-26-2016, 06:54 PM

1,945 posts, read 7,354,119 times
OP, I have seen that before at Ross. It seems like that is where you were. It is a bit much I agree.

Old 04-26-2016, 07:00 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,289,498 times
A similar experience at Bed Bath & Beyond a few years ago, husband & I were buying a new down comforter and the cashier dug her hand into all the folds of the rolled-up-packaged comforter to make sure nothing else was stashed in there

A bit insulting, but I understand they only do these things because they've learned it's necessary to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty