Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 08:06 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,247 times

Advertisements

At 53 I'll just live with what I have... Not judging, to each their own I say.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2016, 10:34 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,210,287 times
That particular brand of Thread lift has been recalled (not sure if proper term) by the FDA.

I know someone that has had a thread lift, it is not that painful, so the premise of your question is flawed.

Thread lifts are pretty rare, most people opt for surgical face lifts, which are actually much more painful, with longer recovery times, but of course they last longer and have greater effect in most cases.

Not sure where you got the every three months number from, thread lifts last almost two years.

The woman in the video was wasting her time getting a non surgical thread lift, she needed to loose 15+ lbs, then probably have some surgical lift.

Old 05-13-2016, 10:41 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,459,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-NUZ_9QSOGF...600/vsblog.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPEf4Aedlw8&gl=NO

Some guys like woman face is not getting wrinkled, even it naturally does (as their own face)

As it seems, sewing face every 3 months would make a woman look younger.

As a guy, if your gf/wife would not want to go by own motivation, would you still try to "motivate" her?

And women, especially if you are already going these, would you want your bf/hubby to go too?

And, no we wont go, I sew but handicrafts, not my or my hubbys face.
I don't expect or want my wife to have her face sewn, cut, poisoned, or otherwise damaged unless it's medically necessary. She is naturally beautiful and gets more so every day, so I am not sure why she would want to impair what is already wonderful. If she wanted to do it, I would try hard to discourage her, though in the end it's her face and her choice. But at this point, I think she has no interest in such things. I take that as a sign she has come to realize she doesn't need them to be beautiful.

Old 05-14-2016, 06:54 AM

1,863 posts, read 1,653,765 times
How many men actually expect women to do any of these things v. how many women believe that they do or do it out of vanity? I've never heard a guy saying that he wishes his wife/girlfriend had this, that or another procedure. Would a woman develop a relationship with and stay with a "man" who would demand such change?

Old 05-14-2016, 06:58 AM

1,295 posts, read 1,037,472 times
Not in a million years.

I like "natural" women who age gracefully... Case in Point is Nancy Odell. My god I used to think she was the most beautiful woman on the face of the earth. But then she went and got botox or a facelift - or both, and now she looks artificial IMO.

Old 05-14-2016, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP2C View Post
How many men actually expect women to do any of these things v. how many women believe that they do or do it out of vanity? I've never heard a guy saying that he wishes his wife/girlfriend had this, that or another procedure. Would a woman develop a relationship with and stay with a "man" who would demand such change?
That's a very good point.

I've heard a LOT of women complain about anorexic models and blame men for it. "That's the image that men want and they're trying to portray the ideal woman for them!"

Um, no... I have never, ever, in my entire life heard a man say he found rib cages and protruding collar bones attractive.

Old 05-14-2016, 08:04 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstate67 View Post
That's a very good point.

I've heard a LOT of women complain about anorexic models and blame men for it. "That's the image that men want and they're trying to portray the ideal woman for them!"

Um, no... I have never, ever, in my entire life heard a man say he found rib cages and protruding collar bones attractive.

Men show their displeasure by throwing hints,not by words but by actions.

He might not say rib cages are attractive but then he might gawk at rib cages.

Old 05-14-2016, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post

Again, no...

*I* am a man and trust me when I say that men do not - I say again do NOT like protruding collar bones and rib cages on women. Not when the alternative is boobs and nice curves.

Old 05-14-2016, 08:37 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times
Default 100% Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
[/b]

I think they just don't want to know about how they look the way they look and care about the finished product. Most men have no idea about the crazy extent that the women they are with go to maintain their look. Ex they will encourage them to eat and then complain or teasy them if they gain a lb and say they are not taking care of themselves if they don't look perfect. The older I get the more I loose faith in the idea that men actually like women for their personalities more their appearance.

Oh an news flash it is not the anorexic body alone... the standards have gotten higher ... Anorexic with large breasts and a round perky butt. They want the meat, but in certain spots lol. So the basic anorexia just does not cut it any more. Personally that is why I am not really trying to please anyone, but myself with my look. The man you are with might not always chose to stay and you can't really ever control
the way someone else thinks and acts so you are better off trying to ensure you are happy with you.

Last edited by klmrocks; 05-14-2016 at 08:49 AM..

Old 05-14-2016, 09:44 AM

2,605 posts, read 3,402,582 times
Lets get this clear, most women that take part in this surgery or treatment (or whatever you want to call it) do this for themselves. They feel that they are getting older and are being judged by coworkers, friends, family, etc and want to look younger. Most self respecting guys don't give a crap about this.

Lets not start making up some nonsense of how women do this to their face because their husbands or BF's asked them to because its hardly the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty